Delta airlines Skymiles?

Candace

DIS Veteran
Do any of you use Skymiles for free airline tickets? I am wondering how difficult it is to actually book a ticket using Skymiles. I use Northwest worldperks miles, but it is getting almost impossible to get a free ticket to popular destinations (like Orlando). The "free" seats are extremely limited, and I am wondering if Delta is the same way. thanks for any info. Candace

I use Skymiles all the time for tickets and so far have had no problems. Yes, they do restrict the number of free seats on each flight, and they don't always have all flights, but if you book far enough in advance and are a little flexible on your dates and times you should be able to find something.

Good luck! :D

Depends on when you are travelling. We have had a very difficult time getting tickets to Orlando around Easter vacation. On the other hand, during non vacation times we have found it very easy to get tickets. The earlier you call the better. For a week like Easter week I would recommend you call as soon as they allow you to book tickets - 50 weeks (that's right, almost a year) in advance.

I just booked NJ to Orlando for end of November and had no problems getting on Delta Express.

I felt it was moderately to very difficult. My experience was that we had to take some very inconvenient flights. A few years ago we switched over to SW Airlines miles. MUCH better, any flight, any seat that's open. We got a SW VISA card, so we rack up those miles with the credit card in addition to flight miles.

I don't know if SW flies out of anywhere in Arkansas, but they do fly out of Tulsa if that's not too inconvenient.

We used skymiles for our trip last December. The secret is booking as far in advance as you can. They might route you a little differently than you would like to go, but usually they can accomadate you.

Having never utilized this program before, I booked Delta Skymiles for next April vacation, 2002. Pleasantly surprised to get non-stop, excellent flight times. We were so close-only a month away in points- from getting all four tickets for free, but didn't want to chance losing the non-stop great times, so agreed to pay for the fourth ticket and use the Sky Miles for the other three..we were thrilled! Every single agent I spoke with (and there were many!) was helpful with my numerous questions. Good luck and try it!

We are using skymiles to fly all 4 of us in July. I had no problems getting flights. We first did the 2 week hold, and then before the 2 weeks were up, we added a day. No problem. We booked the flight in March/April, can't remember exactly, but it gives you some idea how far in advance we did it. Good luck!

Can you explain the 2-week hold? Does that mean you have two weeks to finalize (and can cancel)? thanks

Yes, Candace, that's exactly right, you've got two weeks to decide.

We actually booked the departure with one phone call, then two weeks later booked the home flight. They just give you a confirmation # for when you call back to confirm.

Thanks so much! This sounds a lot better than Northwest which has gotten next to impossible to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter