• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta Airlines

drennan

Disney Nutter - Looking for FUN !!!! Life is what
Hello everyone.

Just a quickie, we travel to Florida on 12th Oct, I have been 3 times b4 but never with Delta, could anyone let me know what they are like ?????

How many films do they show ?
Is it just one screen for everyone to watch or do we have individual ones in the back of the seats ?
Is the food any good ?
What about leg room ?

We are stopping at Atlanta and clearing customs there, can anyone tell me

Do we get on the same plane to go onto Florida ? or do we swap planes completely?

Thank you in advance, and hope you all have a nice weekend.:Pinkbounc

Sharon,

We flew with Delta last October. The planes seem to have more leg room than BA and the staff are really friendly. They also have seat back TV's.

You pass through US immigration in Atlanta which means you then board an 'internal flight' to your final destination. I think we had to transfer our own luggage to the internal flight, but on the way back, the luggage was transferred for us.

Hope this helps.

Belinda

Thanks Belinda for your reply.
Did you travel with a youngster at the time, if so do they give the kids anything like a welcome pack that sort of thing ??

Sharon,
I didn't travel with children and I can't remember seeing any kids near me on the flight. Why don't you try their website:-
www.delta.com
There's loads of useful stuff on the site including the films they will be showing.
Let me know if you need any more info.
Belinda

Hi Belinda

We are travelling with Sharon (Drennan) and can I ask where abouts on the Delta website does it say about the films. I've looked everywhere.

Thanks
Paula

Thanks Belinda yet again.
Hello Paula, come on then don't leave me in the dark I haven't got our flight details so can you tell me what the films are going to be.....

Its okay Paula I've found it as well, looks good, do we get the tv channels as well as the films and the radio. And will we be travelling on a 777 ? Also you can book special meals, so do you order that through Yorks or do you phone Delta direct, because I'm going to ask for a toddler meal for Jack and a childrens meal for Billy. Can you ask the question at Yorks for me.

Let me know:p

Just got back from WDW a couple of weeks ago travelling with Delta.

As an airline they were not the best, not the worst we've flown with.

We travelled on a 747 from Manchester which did not have seat back TV's which was a bit of a shame. Two films were shown on the way out and only one on the way back. (One of the films was Monsters Inc which kept DD happy - funnily enough the same film we watched on US Airways on our Feb trip....) There were a few TV programmes on after the films but nothing outstanding so we read/slept/played with DD instead.

Food was OK. We ordered a childs meal for Rebecca and she got more than we did!! Only complaint was that it was a bit 'mushy' with everything covered in baked beans which she's not too keen on. We ordered the meal with expedia when we booked and, to be honest, I had forgotten so it was a nice surprise.

Atlanta is a MASSIVE airport but quite easy to navigate. The customs area is huge but seemed very slow moving to us with alot of people being processed at once. As this is mainly business commuters they go through the lines in one's and this takes much longer than processing families together as they do in Orlando. Patience is definately required.

Having said that - once through the customs area you re-check your baggage and jump on the underground train which takes you to your terminal. We went from terminal E to terminal A in about 5 mins and found our Orlando gate easily.

The 'hop' over to Orlando takes around an hour and once there you can go straight to baggage claim and the car rentals areas.

On the return trip you do the same only in reverse. The baggage is checked straight through to the UK though so all you have to do in Atlanta is change gates for the next plane.

Sorry to waffle on a bit but you did ask....;) Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter