deluxe vs. standard at PBH

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
What actually does the deluxe room have that the standard doesn't. Is it worth the extra money. Thanks

I never stayed in the standard, but it is my understanding that the bathroom in the deluxe is bigger with a seperate tub and shower. I loved the deluxe, and recommend it. Portofino ranks up there as one of the nicest hotels I have ever been in. I'm sure you will be ok with any room there. You can call the hotel and ask them specifics about room sizes, but when I researched it before, that was waht I concluded. I liked it better than the Hard Rock, but the Hard Rock was awesome too.

The deluxe rooms have the larger bathrooms with separate showers and a shuttered window over the tub to the sleeping area. Deluxes also have a vcr, cd player, and fax machine. We had adjoining deluxes at the end of the villa wing and a bay view regular room on another trip. The bay view room overlooks the piazza and Portofino's scenic harbor with anchored fishing boats and water taxi. We liked the bay view better with kids. The bathroom scale was 10 pounds lighter as well so we didn't feel as guilty when we ate the breakfast buffet at Trattoria. The deluxe rooms are more romantic.

Do you remember the adjoining room numbers in the villa wing? Were they king to 2 queens or 2 queens to 2 queens? I'm trying to figure out where we will be with club deluxe king adjoining 2 queens. Any ideas anyone?

We had 2- 2 queens, 2395 and 2397. They were the very last rooms on the villa wing. It was quiet but a very long walk to every/anything.

Thank you for the fast reply. Was that near to overlooking the villa pool, and if you were facing the beach pool side would those numbers opposite yours be overlooking the beach pool? PBH seems to be the hardest as to figuring out what is where. Much appreciated Mother.

That was on the Beach Pool side of the bldg. but we were too far north to see the pool. So even numbers should view the villa pool. These rooms were on the same floor as the lobby.

Thanks for the help. I've been told I am in the mid 60's so maybe I'll see the pool as well as have a beautiful room. Although, mother I have no idea where the mid 60's are except that they aren't all the way down the hall where your room was. But I getting an idea now as to where it might be. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter