DH raided HD for paint cans! See post 15 for photo

PrincessNancy96 said:
I have several more pictures to post..so check in after lunch.. they are quart cans.. I made a cute one for a little 3 yo I watch.. it's the incredibles.. I was pretty happy with it.. DH said I'm hilarious to watch.. I make all kinds of face and jump up and down like school girl when I complete a project I'm proud of..
I even had a cheat sheet for my measurements... I had one.. lost the darn thing and had to make another one.. You know, I'll find that sheet when I don't need it... sad thing is.. I cleaned the scrap room.. that should have told me I'd have a problem finding items!

:banana: Is that the "blond" in you??? :rolleyes1 LOL!!!

PrincessNancy96 said:
I'm working on quart ones tomorrow... Disney princess for two of the little girls I watch... than I'm making a Duke Blue Devils one for DS's Christmas gift... JennyL scoured the NC state looking for the papers for me a while ago.. found them..and now I'm ready to work on it and show her that all her hard work finding the paper and stickers will be paying off!!!! Thanks again JennyL...
I also did another gallon can tonight of snowmen for DS10's teacher.. I like the mittens so much I'm using them on MIL's can...
I need to go get 3 more gallons next week for other gifts..
I'm even going to make one for DH... (well, of course, we all know I will be the one utilizing it!)

I called all around for Duke stuff when you asked for it but now I've seen it at multiple stores. LOL This is what my DH alwyas says about me. I want stuff about a season before it becomes availble everywhere. It makes shopping for me during the holidays all that much more fun. :goodvibes

jennyL said:
I called all around for Duke stuff when you asked for it but now I've seen it at multiple stores. LOL This is what my DH alwyas says about me. I want stuff about a season before it becomes availble everywhere. It makes shopping for me during the holidays all that much more fun. :goodvibes
I hear ya!!!! :)
Or you talk yourself out of it.. decide to buy it..and can't find it!!!
Off to download the pictures.. I just finished the Duke can!

ETA: new pictures up.. except the one I really want.. my digital won't give it up! :badpc: (make the pc a digital camera)

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4380923&a=32379138

They all look so pretty. I may have to venture into paint can land once the holidays are over.

jennyL said:
They all look so pretty. I may have to venture into paint can land once the holidays are over.
Thanks!! They are fun and easy to make..and they make me feel like I'm giving just a little more of myself.. I can't wait to see DS10's face w/ his can..
Now, I bought Pacer Basketball tickets for 12/30...so I think for DS6 I'm going to do a Pacer Paint can and put the tickets in there... The other kids know we are going to a Pacer game but he doesn't.. Actually we are going 12/30 and then on 12/31, SS and DS10 are playing at Conseco fieldhouse in a tournament and you have to have tickets for the 12/30 game or you can't get in.
I think for DD I'm going to do a school themed one...

Nancy! They are awesome! Very nicely done. I should have sent you my list. :)

Jenny: I'm always on a quest to find something that doesn't exist yet. So annoying, isn't it? Drives my DH crazy too. :)

PrincessNancy96 said:
Thanks!! They are fun and easy to make..and they make me feel like I'm giving just a little more of myself.. I can't wait to see DS10's face w/ his can..
Now, I bought Pacer Basketball tickets for 12/30...so I think for DS6 I'm going to do a Pacer Paint can and put the tickets in there... The other kids know we are going to a Pacer game but he doesn't.. Actually we are going 12/30 and then on 12/31, SS and DS10 are playing at Conseco fieldhouse in a tournament and you have to have tickets for the 12/30 game or you can't get in.
I think for DD I'm going to do a school themed one...

You should do a Basketball themed one for your daughter!!!! Especially since she just made the team!!!!!! That would be sooooooo Cool MOM!!!!

Nancy, they all look great!!!!

These are adorable, Nancy! As usual, you inspire me - I think I'll head to Home Depot tomorrow to pick up a couple to try. How long do you think it took you to do each one?

Since my DS did such a great job with the weather, I have decided to make a "I Can" Can for him. Well, he's actually going to make it. He just doesn't know it yet. :rolleyes1 It will be a spot for him to write down his accomplishments and show them off. Maybe then it won't take 2 weeks to try something new! :thumbsup2

Mickster said:
Since my DS did such a great job with the weather, I have decided to make a "I Can" Can for him. Well, he's actually going to make it. He just doesn't know it yet. :rolleyes1 It will be a spot for him to write down his accomplishments and show them off. Maybe then it won't take 2 weeks to try something new! :thumbsup2
Cool idea!!!
That gives me one..what about a "Rainy/Snowy Day" Can.. that way each child can fill it with a something to do for the day.. a game, a trip to the mall, a book, a movie... That each time you pull an activity out for the day to do together....

Once I got my first one done, the rest didn't take long at all when I did them for the swap. My inside pieces took longer and they were no where near as great as some of the ones I got back.

I used the sticky red red tape - is it Art Accentz? Something like that, anyway it worked great on the thinner and thicker paper I used. The modge podge ones didn't look so good to me. Probably because I was using vellium and didn't smooth everything well enough. The glue dots worked well for the accent pieces.

So anyway, maybe 20-30 minutes at most for each can, less if you do them assembly line like.

I like that idea too! My mom has a miracle jar. A glass jar that she puts the miracles in her life. She writes them down and revisits them when life is testing her. The cans would work for that too!

I like the "I CAN" can. Kind of a journal and time capsule in one. Great idea.
So is the snow/rainy day one. I guess I'll be making lots of cans soon.

New England Eeyore said:
These are adorable, Nancy! As usual, you inspire me - I think I'll head to Home Depot tomorrow to pick up a couple to try. How long do you think it took you to do each one?
I think it took about an hour ( that includes dealing with the kiddos and phone...so I had to adjust a bit)... the most time consuming part is cutting the darn holes for the holder...but they aren't too bad... :)

Y'all have inspired me for a gift for my parents. We are kinda broke this year so lots of homemade stuff. My dad is getting a Hillbilly one with an outhouse on it so he can use it to keep his toiletries in. It will have mostly joke/gag gifts in it, like the famous hill billy bubble bath(beans in a bag with directions-cook, eat, wait one hour, take a bath :teeth: ) , bunches of stuff like that. I will do a teddybear one for my mom -at least on the outside, I may include a small teddy in it, but hers will have mostly gag stuff too like a do it yourself straw hat (bag of straw) OK my parents are weird and like bizarre things--my mother thinks gag gifts are cute. :confused3 Most cost will be buying the cans, I have almost everything else I need already.

Question...does anyone know of a good site that tells more instructions on making the cans -mainly the inside stuff? Thanks

PrincessNancy96 said:
I think it took about an hour ( that includes dealing with the kiddos and phone...so I had to adjust a bit)... the most time consuming part is cutting the darn holes for the holder...but they aren't too bad... :)

hey are you using 2 sheets of paper for the gallon? If so the 1/2 inch circle punch from CM does the trick. Punch 1/2 way into the edge of the paper. The seams should line up 1/2 way around the hole for the handle. I'll take some pics of my cans tonight.

xyzabc33 said:
Y'all have inspired me for a gift for my parents. We are kinda broke this year so lots of homemade stuff. My dad is getting a Hillbilly one with an outhouse on it so he can use it to keep his toiletries in. It will have mostly joke/gag gifts in it, like the famous hill billy bubble bath(beans in a bag with directions-cook, eat, wait one hour, take a bath :teeth: ) , bunches of stuff like that. I will do a teddybear one for my mom -at least on the outside, I may include a small teddy in it, but hers will have mostly gag stuff too like a do it yourself straw hat (bag of straw) OK my parents are weird and like bizarre things--my mother thinks gag gifts are cute. :confused3 Most cost will be buying the cans, I have almost everything else I need already.

Question...does anyone know of a good site that tells more instructions on making the cans -mainly the inside stuff? Thanks

if you really want to gag them, put the lid on the can but don't give them the key!

BernardandMissBianca said:
hey are you using 2 sheets of paper for the gallon? If so the 1/2 inch circle punch from CM does the trick. Punch 1/2 way into the edge of the paper. The seams should line up 1/2 way around the hole for the handle. I'll take some pics of my cans tonight.
Yeah, that is what I'm using.. I just can't get the perfect measure down the can for the top side of the whole! KWIM?

PrincessNancy96 said:
Yeah, that is what I'm using.. I just can't get the perfect measure down the can for the top side of the whole! KWIM?

I'll measure my template in a minute, I need to find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter