DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect a really cute area meant for children. I'll enjoy walking through it and hope that it helps draw people away from the Star Wars area.

I fully expect a really cute area meant for children
While I'm sure that it will appeal to children, I expect an area that will encompass some great attractions that will draw adults.

While I'm sure that it will appeal to children, I expect an area that will encompass some great attractions that will draw adults.
Time will tell. I haven't seen anything mentioned yet besides a kiddie coaster and spinners but I hope that you're right.

Time will tell. I haven't seen anything mentioned yet besides a kiddie coaster and spinners but I hope that you're right.
The coaster looks a decent length and its bound to have a height requirement so not all kids will be able to go on it.

The coaster looks a decent length and its bound to have a height requirement so not all kids will be able to go on it.

Family coaster might be more accurate than kiddie coaster. Though I'm sure the coaster fantatics will turn their noses up at it. I don't think the area is intended for only those below the age of 5, but its core audience will skew to single digits.

Hearing that the muppet area will become a muppet mini-land with no ride as of yet but maybe a possible attraction. The pizza planet refurb is very likely to be a retheme for this mini-land.

Hearing that the muppet area will become a muppet mini-land with no ride as of yet but maybe a possible attraction. The pizza planet refurb is very likely to be a retheme for this mini-land.

So probably we're talking the existing (very old) movie, a rethemed restaurant and a meet and greet? Not bad, but not very exciting.

So probably we're talking the existing (very old) movie, a rethemed restaurant and a meet and greet? Not bad, but not very exciting.
Most likely... I guess we can hope more comes out of that but doubtful it will.

Most likely... I guess we can hope more comes out of that but doubtful it will.

I just looked at the ratings for Muppets and it's not looking good. They've gone from 2.87 in the critical demo down to 1.06. Looks like the bleeding may finally have tailed off and that's not the worst rating ever but it's a big fall. They didn't get a full season order either so it's a real tossup if they come back for another season.

I just looked at the ratings for Muppets and it's not looking good. They've gone from 2.87 in the critical demo down to 1.06. Looks like the bleeding may finally have tailed off and that's not the worst rating ever but it's a big fall. They didn't get a full season order either so it's a real tossup if they come back for another season.
I really tried to watch it but I just never held interest in it. I gave it a few episodes but it just never caught in with me. I like the muppets too but that show just wasn't for me.

Muppets are not gonna be the draw that Disney was counting on. Neither of the films did THAT well
And the show isn't gonna make it

I think the Muppets' particular brand of innocent irreverence has gone out of fashion.

That brand of humor will come back someday, but with a different face. Something like LOL catz but more marketable and with secure IP.

I think the Muppets' particular brand of innocent irreverence has gone out of fashion.

That brand of humor will come back someday, but with a different face. Something like LOL catz but more marketable and with secure IP.

Muppets in the 70's had a satirical tone that was long ago outpaced by most network shows...it is like full house in comparison to the Simpsons or family guy.

I appreciate Disney still trying...but I also can't figure out why they keep trying...usually they move off of non product selling IP and double down on the lucraitive ones.

My 5 yo loves the show via on demand. Kids in that age range don't watch prime time tv.

I appreciate Disney still trying...but I also can't figure out why they keep trying...usually they move off of non product selling IP and double down on the lucraitive ones.

Maybe they didn't move off the muppets in the parks because doubling down on lucrative IP would require a lot more money and shovels to get moving a lot faster.

Muppets in the 70's had a satirical tone that was long ago outpaced by most network shows...it is like full house in comparison to the Simpsons or family guy.

They keep trying because there is demand. While the last movie didn't do so well the previous one did very nicely. And the ratings for the tv show premiere were huge! Muppets merchandise remains a decent earner too. Disney knows there is an audience, it just can't seem to tap into it.

You can't just redo the original show, that would feel very dated, and you can't treat them like children's characters because a lot of their stuff was much more risque than that. In theory this show had the right idea, it's the execution that let it down.

Construction walls up from WDW Radio Studio to the restrooms across from Jedi training. They are blocking off the cutthrough from comisary lane to that backlot area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter