DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We attended this morning. We left Pop Century on the bus about 6.35. We arrived pretty quickly and made the long walk to the gate. Security was a breeze. There were lots of people directing us to breakfast or the line. We headed to pick up a pastry and drink then got in line. My son is in a wheelchair and they told us to stay to the left for the ramp.

We were let in about 7.20. We went straight for Woody and Jesse as that was a priority for us. We were first in line and they came out about 7.35. We rode Toy Story in the handicap car twice, without getting off. Slinky dog one time, 20 minute wait. Aliens, two times without getting off.

At this point it was 8.30 so we headed to sign up for Jedi Training. There was very little line and we had our choice of times. Sign ups actually opened at 7.45. About this time they announced the park was open so we got in line for Olaf and were the first family.

After Olaf we went to breakfast. It was more crowded but service was super quick and they continued to refill pastries.

We are doing this again on Friday with two more people added to our party. Though it was super early, I am excited to do it again!
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Is there any advantage to doing the 7am or 7:30am EMM at Toy Story land? Not sure which to pick.

Anyone think they will add more spots for Mon 8/26? I see they only have a 7:30am option but it appears to be booked....

I attended with DD3 on 3/15/19. It was in my top 2 WDW paid events...competing with DAH MK...I'm undecided which takes the top spot. Ha! EMM MK comes in 3rd. MK EMM drops behind EMM DHS b/c of food.

We were attending on our first full day after a late arrival night, so I didn't get out the door of the hotel until probably 6:45. A bus came quickly (POR) and we got to the park around 7:15. We waited about 5 mins to get checked in. We went to get pastries and COFFEE!! Momma needed some coffee since I saw the bus coming as I was going to head to fill my mug, so I skipped it at the resort.

We kept walking and waited by the frozen stage show for them to let us go. A few minutes later we were walked to TSL. DD3 and I went to TSM first. Then I wanted to do Jesse and Woody b/c there were only about 5 families in line but she wanted SDD. We probably waited 15 mins for SDD that first time, maybe 20. The line got shorter each time we rode from then on. We rode 3 more times in a row. Then we did AS2 twice in a row. Lastly we hopped on SDD one last time. Then it was close to 9 so we headed towards breakfast. As we passed in front of the Chinese theatre I saw the mob coming. Wow, thank goodness we weren't in that!
Breakfast was amazing. I had shrimp and grits and the avocado toast plate. DD3 did the donuts plate but didn't eat much. We also had fresh fruit from the buffet area.

After we ate we went to do a couple shows in a row...frozen, LM, met Doc Stuffins, and seems like something else I am forgetting. Then we were tired from a late night/early morning so we bailed around 11:30 to go take a nap. It was a great morning!

Does anyone know if there are any websites that provide notifications if a time opens up (similar to ***********)? I just started planning a trip in June, and they are all booked during our trip, but after the TSL RD experience last October, this seems like a bargain at twice the price.

Does anyone know if there are any websites that provide notifications if a time opens up (similar to ***********)? I just started planning a trip in June, and they are all booked during our trip, but after the TSL RD experience last October, this seems like a bargain at twice the price.
I am hoping they add more for June too. Just the 7:30 am option so far. Hoping they add the 7:00 am. I have June 24 booked, got lucky today, but really need the 17th. If I see more June pop up, I’ll make sure to comment here . Good Luck.

I am hoping they add more for June too. Just the 7:30 am option so far. Hoping they add the 7:00 am. I have June 24 booked, got lucky today, but really need the 17th. If I see more June pop up, I’ll make sure to comment here . Good Luck.

I'm looking for the 24th, so give me a heads up if you are able to change.

I have never heard of any sites that watch for anything but a basic ADR. You can't even set up a watch for things like Candlelight processional dinner packages or dessert parties, either.

We went on March 8th and while I can see it is definitely worth it normally, it wasn't on our morning because TSM was closed the entire time. So here was our experience: we got there at 7 and had to wait until 7:20 when they walked us back. We immediately went on SDD and did that 4 times before 8. We waited for maybe one car each time so it was very fast. We then did AS once (we had done it the day before). Then we went on SDD once again but basically we were done by a little after 8 because TSM never came on line and you can only do SDD so many times (although it is a lot of fun). They announced that to make up for no TSM we would have unlimited FP to TOT and RNRC between 9 and 10. To me that wasn't even close to an even compensation. We walked on to TOT and RNR until close to 9:45 so having a FP until 10 only really gave us 1 extra ride on those. And we had purposely not gone on TSM the day before because we waited for EMM when we thought we could go on multiple times. So I was not happy! I personally didn't like the breakfast offerings either but my kids did. So in summary, if everything is working, I think it is worth it. But if one of the two rides that you pay all this money for it down, it isn't worth it.

Does anyone know if they will still offer Disney Early Morning magic to Toy Story land once GE opens? I was thinking that that could be a good way to get an edge on the crowds, and line up for the Star Wars land after riding some Toy Story rides, and before the park actually opens.

Yeah fastpasses to rides too big for my littled to ride wouldn’t really compensate imo

QUOTE="3darlings, post: 60405156, member: 105401"]We went on March 8th and while I can see it is definitely worth it normally, it wasn't on our morning because TSM was closed the entire time. So here was our experience: we got there at 7 and had to wait until 7:20 when they walked us back. We immediately went on SDD and did that 4 times before 8. We waited for maybe one car each time so it was very fast. We then did AS once (we had done it the day before). Then we went on SDD once again but basically we were done by a little after 8 because TSM never came on line and you can only do SDD so many times (although it is a lot of fun). They announced that to make up for no TSM we would have unlimited FP to TOT and RNRC between 9 and 10. To me that wasn't even close to an even compensation. We walked on to TOT and RNR until close to 9:45 so having a FP until 10 only really gave us 1 extra ride on those. And we had purposely not gone on TSM the day before because we waited for EMM when we thought we could go on multiple times. So I was not happy! I personally didn't like the breakfast offerings either but my kids did. So in summary, if everything is working, I think it is worth it. But if one of the two rides that you pay all this money for it down, it isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if they will still offer Disney Early Morning magic to Toy Story land once GE opens? I was thinking that that could be a good way to get an edge on the crowds, and line up for the Star Wars land after riding some Toy Story rides, and before the park actually opens.

Yeah, while anything is possible I guess, I suspect 8/29 will be the end of DHS EMM as we know it.

We attended this event on 3/6. Unfortunately, SDD was not operating that morning until around 8:20. When they told us SDD was down I was devastated, as that was the main reason I had booked the event. It was my son’s birthday and I had booked this so he would be able to ride SDD multiple times. I was very upset but tried to keep a positive attitude. Fortunately I knew from reading this forum to go ask the cast members about fastpasses for later. They told me I could use my EMM wristband as a fastpass from 9:00-10:00. While waiting for SDD to open we went and rode TSM 2 times and AS2 2 times. At 8:25 once SDD was finally running we got into line and waited 16 minutes to get on. Then we were able to ride again with another 16 minute wait before the rope drop crowds arrived. Then from 9:00-9:45 we rode SDD 3 more times using the wristband as a fastpass. That was the highlight of the event…riding SDD over and over during that hour. My son was giggling and having a blast, and that made the event worth it. At 9:45 we left and walked to the breakfast. It was a long 10 minute walk to get there, and we barely made it in time. The breakfast was good. The kids and I loved the chicken tenders and eggs, and my husband loved all the pastries from the buffet. We liked how you could refill your own drinks. Despite a stressful start, everything worked out okay, and I would book the event again in the future. In summary we rode

SDD x 5
TSM x 2
AS2 x 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter