DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We were in Toy Story Land last Monday and the lovebugs were *terrible*! There were swarms of them everywhere and they were flying into our hair and landing on our clothes and shoes. We finally had to leave the area because they were so bad.

Just a word of warning in case they're still bad in this area.

We were in Toy Story Land last Monday and the lovebugs were *terrible*! There were swarms of them everywhere and they were flying into our hair and landing on our clothes and shoes. We finally had to leave the area because they were so bad.

Just a word of warning in case they're still bad in this area.
Was this in the early morning? They are probably not as bad in the AM

Not correct.

From the FP+ sticky:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).
Wow! Such good information! Clearly, I never read the sticky. Is this still true if you made advance FPs but cancel one or two of them and rebook once you use your first FP? Thanks for the information!!

Last edited:

Just read a review over at DIS that said there were 30 min waits for SDD and that the event felt crowded and oversold. I am not going to be pleased if that is the case - the ONLY reason we are paying this much is to avoid this very thing. And you know what? There is nothing we can do about it if it happens either.

Do you have a link?
https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...orning-magic-in-toy-story-land-with-toddlers/

This doesn’t sound like a terribly recent trip. She mentions that it was during spring break.

Our trip is in 10 days. Do you still think 8:55 is early enough to leave TSL to rope drop TOT? Was thinking more like 8:45

Id have to rely on folks who have been there with only one tower operating. But personally its hard for me to leave such an expensive event early :)

Id have to rely on folks who have been there with only one tower operating. But personally its hard for me to leave such an expensive event early :)
EMM is 7:30-8:45. I would just head to ToT rather than attempting one last ride before the rope droppers came in

I noticed the wait times for SDD was posting at 35 minutes during Early Morning Magic. That seems like a pretty long wait time when you only have 1 hour and 15 minutes in Toy Story land. Do you think they have over sold this event. Did anyone go this morning and have a report?

I noticed the wait times for SDD was posting at 35 minutes during Early Morning Magic. That seems like a pretty long wait time when you only have 1 hour and 15 minutes in Toy Story land. Do you think they have over sold this event. Did anyone go this morning and have a report?

The posted wait time is usually inflated during EMM. How inflated can vary as the event goes on and the randomness of EMM guest crowd flow moving from ride to ride, re-riding, etc.

My guess would be there was certainly a wait, but not a 35 minute wait (Unless the ride was down early in the event or a train was down for some reason).

Whether any sort of wait during these types of events means its oversold or not is subjective to some extent. I suspect we all have slightly different tolerance points for what we find acceptable given the cost/value/time equation.

The posted wait time is usually inflated during EMM. How inflated can vary as the event goes on and the randomness of EMM guest crowd flow moving from ride to ride, re-riding, etc.

My guess would be there was certainly a wait, but not a 35 minute wait (Unless the ride was down early in the event or a train was down for some reason).

Whether any sort of wait during these types of events means its oversold or not is subjective to some extent, I suspect we all have slightly different tolerance points for what we find acceptable given the cost/value/time equation.
I started checking wait times 15 minutes into the event and it was already posted at 30 minutes, I thought it would go down, but it only increased. When they opened more time slots a few weeks ago, I became concerned since it was already sold out twice and this would be a third round of tickets being sold. I am trying to come up with a game plan, but am having a hard time with this change. I don’t know if we should try SDD or TSM first. I would like my kids to get a few times on SDD, but those wait times will make it hard.

We are just back and did EMM on Monday 5/20. We were let back into the land at 7:15. We did SDD, TSM, SDD, A$$, SDD and TSM by 9. The first two rides on SDD had maybe 5 min lines. The last time was longer- maybe 20 min. Not sure if they took a dog out of service.

We missed the rope drop for R&R but were able to walk right through the show and pretty much on to the ride. We got back into the standby line and were the first group held for the show but it was pretty quick after that on to the ride.

Breakfast was very good- a bit chaotic as they neared closing bcs they ran out of forks and there were no plates for the pastries or bowls for the fruit. CM's were willing to go get them but it did take some time.

Overall pleased with the event. As we were walking out of the land, the rope drop crowd had arrived and the line for SDD was 80 min.

So we should probably hit SDD first, then TSM. Do you have older children or little ones? My boys are 16 and 18, they probably won’t care about character meet and greets. They just want to ride as much as possible, my husband and I are probably little slower.

So we should probably hit SDD first, then TSM. Do you have older children or little ones? My boys are 16 and 18, they probably won’t care about character meet and greets. They just want to ride as much as possible, my husband and I are probably little slower.

Do the opposite. The minute the EMM starts everyone wants to rush to SDD so you have a 15 minute wait for the first 30 minutes or so. On a normal day thats an amazing wait time but these are expensive minutes and should be maximized. Do the other rides a couple times or a M&G (warning the Woody/Jessie line is long the ENTIRE time) and hit SDD after 30-45 minutes has passed. You'll be riding it over and over with 2-5 minute wait.

Has anyone had any luck finding an opening somewhat last minute?

Due to work I wasn't able to get confirmation of when we would be able to go so I couldn't do a lot of the planning like I usually do. And since I read on the website that it was non-refundable (which I now know isn't correct) I never booked it. But I am looking for a June 3rd reservation for a party of 7. I check multiple times a day but nothing has opened up yet, not even for a smaller party.

We were there this morning, and it definitely seemed oversold. We did like others suggested and skipped breakfast. They did not walk us back until around 7:45. We rode TSM first thinking slinky would slow down. BIG MISTAKE. Slinky was at a 45 minute posted wait when we got off. We rode Alien Saucers next. When we got off, slinky was at 35 minutes. We actually waited 25. We only had time to ride each ride once (rider swapped slinky though) and take a picture in front of the Toy Story sign. Super disappointed. I would suggest going to slinky first if that’s your priority.

If it’s anything like this morning, go to slinky first. They can walk on the other rides the rest of hour.

We were there this morning, and it definitely seemed oversold. We did like others suggested and skipped breakfast. They did not walk us back until around 7:45. We rode TSM first thinking slinky would slow down. BIG MISTAKE. Slinky was at a 45 minute posted wait when we got off. We rode Alien Saucers next. When we got off, slinky was at 35 minutes. We actually waited 25. We only had time to ride each ride once (rider swapped slinky though) and take a picture in front of the Toy Story sign. Super disappointed. I would suggest going to slinky first if that’s your priority.
IMO Those waits are unacceptable, I would talk to guest services.

Whether any sort of wait during these types of events means its oversold or not is subjective to some extent. I suspect we all have slightly different tolerance points for what we find acceptable given the cost/value/time equation.

We were there this morning and I was not very happy. We rode TSM once, AS2 once and Slinky only twice. Both times the wait was right at 30-35 minutes (I timed it). And that was at the end of the event. They let us in late but did seem to hold the rope drop crowds back because they didn't enter the land until 9:05. If they hadn't, we would have only gotten one ride. Slinky didn't seem to be down because we could hear it early on. I'm not sure how many trains they usually run. There seemed to be two running today. The youngest in our group was 15 so no strollers or little ones. It did feel like there were too many people, but maybe my expectations were too high. My mood might improve once I've had a nap. :D

With that in mind, I may cancel mine for 6/10. We are paying for a party of 8. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter