DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I certainly hope this thread goes back to the happy little thread it use to be, without negative and passive aggresive comments. We don't need that here. Some threads are full of that nonsense. Not here. It's nice to be nice. We all are just doing the best we can to plan our magical trips. I hope this continues to be a safe place to come to ask questions and bounce ideas off each other about EMM! Just be nice!

Question for those who are familiar with the timing of transportation between parks: I booked TSL EMM because thanks to the major glitch that's been happening (DH and my tickets weren't linked on FP+ day) I only got a FP+ for SDD for DD who is 5 and can't ride alone. I've been trying, but so far have been unsuccessful to add DH and myself on. We are booked for 11/14, which is a day we had been planning to be at MK. We have a BBB reservation at 10:10 AM followed by CRT lunch. Obviously, I cannot easily reschedule those. If we are at HS until 9:00, will that give us enough time to get to MK? And best mode of transportation? Minnie Van? We will need a car seat so regular Lyft/Uber is out. Suggestions?

Question for those who are familiar with the timing of transportation between parks: I booked TSL EMM because thanks to the major glitch that's been happening (DH and my tickets weren't linked on FP+ day) I only got a FP+ for SDD for DD who is 5 and can't ride alone. I've been trying, but so far have been unsuccessful to add DH and myself on. We are booked for 11/14, which is a day we had been planning to be at MK. We have a BBB reservation at 10:10 AM followed by CRT lunch. Obviously, I cannot easily reschedule those. If we are at HS until 9:00, will that give us enough time to get to MK? And best mode of transportation? Minnie Van? We will need a car seat so regular Lyft/Uber is out. Suggestions?

If you leave at 9 and don’t stay after for breakfast, I think that’s enough time to get to the MK and to the BBB. In your case I would definitely take a Minnie Van, since they drive you to the MK instead of the TTC like Uber/Lyft and waiting on a bus would be stressful and very well make you late! That sounds like a really fun morning for you and your DD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn it, I embedded my reply in the quote! Well, at least it’s readable just confusing. :sad2: I shouldn’t post from my phone!

HAHA :rotfl: Thanks for the help! I figured if we wanted to try to get breakfast, we'd have to do it at like 8:30. And only grab what was quick (the pastries or something) and eat walking out of the park.

Well, the 7am turned bookable for October 3, so I went ahead and switched. I’m sure I’m being unnaturally paranoid about the two time slots, but let us not forget that this is the company that has done server maintenance the past two days at 7am when a multitude of people are trying to do their FPs...I don’t have a lot of confidence that they have a clue with the setup for the two times.

Well, the 7am turned bookable for October 3, so I went ahead and switched. I’m sure I’m being unnaturally paranoid about the two time slots, but let us not forget that this is the company that has done server maintenance the past two days at 7am when a multitude of people are trying to do their FPs...I don’t have a lot of confidence that they have a clue with the setup for the two times.

You’re not alone! I did the same thing for my date. If it turns out it was unnecessary, oh well. No harm, no foul.

I'd bet that most people on these boards that ask little questions and then get both kind and unkind responses, helpful and unhelpful responses, know that whether or not there is a hook in the bathroom, or what kind of hairdryer is in the room (for example, completely made up right now), aren't life or death questions but just ones they happened to decide mattered to them at that moment.

Just in case you were wondering, GF has Conair hair dryers. :rotfl:
IMG_4922.jpg

So anyways.... weird thread day.

Have there been any reports yet of how park opening is handled?

At the AP event last Friday, I got a kick out of the "hoard" that was slowly walked in, pictured below at 8:39am. We were in line for Woody and Jessie when this mass of humanity made the turn. It was quite a sight! In an instant, the calm awesomeness of being in the land with minimal crowds was broken and a normal park day commenced. :-)

IMG_5292.jpeg

Is anyone who switched times seeing both showing up in their MDE? Both 7:00 and 7:30 are showing up in the app for me (although only 7:00 is showing on the website). I’m not concerned as I already received my refund for 7:30, but was wondering if it’s just me or if it’s like this for everyone.

Hi!
I went today to early morning magic. I wanted to give a quick review because I know I always want to read them before I go. We arrived at Hollywood studios at about 710.. they let us scan our bands around 715 and then walked us to toy story land. We went straight to slinky dog and went right on. We rode it 10x total and 95 % of the time we walked right on. We could have rode it more if we wanted but I needed a break. We then went and rode the alien ride and met buzz. We finished the morning by riding toy story mania. They had water and coffee in the land which was nice.
At 9 when the parked opened we went over to meet the Star Wars characters. We headed to breakfast at 9:30. We were allowed to get as many meals as we wanted. My family tired the chicken and doughnuts, the avacado toast and the Mexican egg bowl. Everything was good but not typically what we would choose for breakfast. The buffet had cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. Some of the pastries were very good which was nice.
We have done early morning magic twice at magic kingdom. Once last November and the second time this past June. My son enjoyed this one more because he now prefers slinky dog over mine train. I do think the food options are much better at the one at magic kingdom for my family. I would def do it again tho just to ride slinky dog numerous time.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks
Would you mind sharing where you were staying and what transport you used to get to HS?
I’m planning on booking for last week of January (the system is not letting me do it yet). We are staying at WL and I’m just wondering if the bus will be running early enough or if I should use a Minnie van.

Is anyone who switched times seeing both showing up in their MDE? Both 7:00 and 7:30 are showing up in the app for me (although only 7:00 is showing on the website). I’m not concerned as I already received my refund for 7:30, but was wondering if it’s just me or if it’s like this for everyone.

I had a bunch of canceled ADRs show up with all this recent fiasco. This wasn’t one of them for me but I imagine it’s the same glitch.

Would you mind sharing where you were staying and what transport you used to get to HS?
I’m planning on booking for last week of January (the system is not letting me do it yet). We are staying at WL and I’m just wondering if the bus will be running early enough or if I should use a Minnie van.

We’re at Pop. We were at the bus a little after 630am.

Depends...are you planning to stay at MK all day? Or take a mid day break? For me it would be too much to do EMM and then stay until the end of the party. But if you really want to do both and can only fit them in on the same day, I'm sure you could make it work.

I was thinking leave the park around 11302-12ish and head back at 4ish for a 430 ADR.. I'm worried tho.. I don't wanna wipe out my DH and the kiddo

I'm most just here to follow along but I am really just wondering if I can get the chicken/donut meal with the syrup on the side! From the pics I have seen they seem to be premade and sitting under a warming lamp... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter