Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

I’m very exited to read along. I’m thinking of biting the bullet and going over Halloween weekend with my daughter so I can’t wait to see how you managed your “p word” trip. She’s always wanted to go on Halloween and it’s on a weekend this year which leads into Jersey week so it works out well with her school schedule. It would be our second mother daughter trip with another planned for next year too!

Sounds like I am introducing myself at an AA meeting, lol 😂
:laughing:
My name is Caroline and I will be the author of this TR.
Hi Caroline!
(Going with the whole AA meeting theme...)
This trip was a long time coming because of the p word, let’s not say the word haha 😂
Potato? I don't think it's that bad, really.
I am a nurse in real life and this past year has been stressful, to say the least!
No idea why that would be.

:rolleyes1

Cannot wait to read this one Caroline......finally.....a new TR!!!

Looking good already, love the introduction and pictures
Hi Carole, thanks so much for following along! I thought about you often during our Universal stay, spoiler we loved it!
I'm here, Caroline!!! And I am so excited to read about your latest adventure
Yay, so happy to have you joining in!
I am so looking forward to hearing all about your trip
Glad to have you here Susan!
Here ! Can’t wait to read more. So glad you were finally able to go. I am going in two weeks !
Yay so glad to have you joining in and yay to a trip for you coming up soon!
Joining in! We were there the same time so I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences. Can't wait to read more!
Hi, thanks for joining in, I’m following along on your, I wish we could have crossed paths for a Dis hello 👋
Here! Coming back to read up but wanted to let you know I found ya! SO so happy you were finally able to get back
So happy to have you reading along, and thanks again for everything and we were so happy to be back!
Excited to follow along on your journey!
Welcome and thanks for joining in.
I am here and ready to hear about your trip!
Hi Ariella, glad to have you joining in!
I'm here for the Disney AA meeting!! (That will be the theme of our next "blogger convention" LOL)
Sad we missed you both but happy to see you and Andi in your happy place again after so long. You totally deserve it!!
Welcome Su-Lynn, glad to have you joining in on the Disney AA meeting, haha! We definitely need another bloggers convention, 😂
I would have loved to see you and chunkysis
Glad you finally got to take your trip. Following along.
Ahh thanks so much and welcome!
Joining in from this side of the Atlantic. So glad you got to your happy place. Can't wait to hear all about your latest adventures :goodvibes
Hi Moira, thanks so much for. Joining in and Welcome from across the Atlantic!

Hooray for finally making it back to WDW! So awesome that they lifted the mask rule for photos in time for your trip! Excited to read your TR and your thoughts on all of the changes
Welcome and yes it was wonderful to be back! Funny about the no mask rule for pictures Andi wouldn’t take hers off, so not to many PhotoPass pictures this trip!
I'm here and can't wait to follow along. So happy you and Andi got to go back to the world and enjoy the magic after such a long time away. :goodvibes
Hello and Welcome, so excited to have you joining in!
Yay!!! I am SO happy to see a new TR from you, Caroline
Thanks Tracy, it really was a nice trip!
Following
yay and welcome!
Following! I can't wait to read all about it!

And, I am curious to hear the story behind the title!
Thanks for joining in and the title definitely has a little story behind it, lol 😆
Hi Caroline! I’m so happy you finally got to go back! Looking forward to reading more!
Hi Kelly thanks for joining in and it was nice to be back.
Following along!
Thank you and Welcome!
Joining in, Caroline! Cannot wait to hear about this trip
Hi Alexis, very glad to have you joining in!

Yay, following!
Hello and welcome, nice to see you here!
Here! Come back to read later, though.
Thanks Pkondz
Following!
Love the mother-daughter trips!
Congrats on being both fully vaccinated!
Welcome and thank you! It really add traveling much less scary being vaccinated!
Hi Caroline!
(Going with the whole AA meeting theme...)
Hi pkondz when was your last Disney AA trip report? Lol
Potato? I don't think it's that bad, really.
I love potatoes, wish it was that for sure!
No idea why that would b
No stress at all for us essential worker, right?
following along
Welcome and thanks for joining in!

I’m very exited to read along. I’m thinking of biting the bullet and going over Halloween weekend with my daughter so I can’t wait to see how you managed your “p word” trip. She’s always wanted to go on Halloween and it’s on a weekend this year which leads into Jersey week so it works out well with her school schedule. It would be our second mother daughter trip with another planned for next year too!
Welcome and thanks for joining in, I hope your Halloween trip works out. Mother and daughter trips are the best. i love Halloween time at Disney so fun!

Day 1, 4/20/21 Tuesday

“We timed the rainstorm perfectly”

It was hard to believe it was going to be our travel day down to the most magical place on earth! Andi came home Monday evening around 5pm and I arrived shortly after from work. I picked up our favorite sushi and Japanese fried rice from Hanabi. The food is so good. After our delicious dinner, we finished some last minute packing and went to bed early.

We had to get up very early, yay, I know, it sucks. Our flight was at 6:15am. I slept some, better than I thought. We were up and ready to leave at 4:45am, it takes about 30 minutes to get to our little airport. I took my early morning mirror selfie for you all to laugh at. I look really tired even with some editing, lol 😆
01B5D754-D341-4600-AD3A-2A5216007C69.jpeg
We arrived without issue and we got checked in rather quickly. We were through security and at our gate in literally 15 minutes total. We decided to do an airport selfie prior to boarding.
4B327FCD-FEE3-4C3E-A9C5-4B0AD371B1DD.jpeg
Our flight to Minneapolis was right on time and is literally 30 minutes. Our gate was really far from our next one, we has a long walk to our next gate. We had enough time to get a couple bottles of water and use the restroom before boarding started.

We had comfort class and we had two nice big seats right up close to first class. We loved this, we actually had a fair amount of distance around us. This flight was also uneventful. It left on time and we landed a little early.

MCO was not real busy, we retrieved our luggage fairly quickly and made our way to Magical Express and the wait sign said 75 minutes, yikes, we were not in for that type of wait. >:(

We took a Lyft instead and we were off in literally 10 minutes. The cost was around $35.00 so not bad. I placed an Instacart order on the ride to the resort. I ordered some bananas, granola bars, iced coffee, creamer, cheese sticks, strawberries 🍓, Lays potato chips, and M&M’s. This was also very easy and the delivery was free! The time it was to arrive was around 3:00pm.

It rained so hard on the ride to the resort. The driver had to go really slow and had her hazard lights on the whole way. The rain was pretty much done by the time we got to the resort. We arrived around 1:30pm and our room wasn’t quite ready, boo 😒 I received two texts telling us it wasn’t quite ready yet.:sad2:

We took some lobby pictures and went to get some food and caffeine at the quick service restaurant.
9E35BA47-3094-4892-9FDA-7BA6599591B4.jpeg
We hit it at a really quiet time. I got the bacon cheeseburger and Andi had the spicy chicken sandwich. Both came with waffle fries. My burger and fries were really good, I was surprised. This was the first time both of us had a meal in a restaurant since February 2020. Crazy!
78CD2A89-6823-4FD0-AB8A-22EB7D68A591.jpeg
I checked on the MDE app and we had a room number but we never received a room ready text, weird. :confused3
B0AEA14A-CD1E-4AF0-A585-FD2728C0AEDA.jpeg
Time to check out our lake view room on the 10th floor, room 9040. Our view was very nice. We could see The Tree of Life and Everest. I will wrap up this post with some room pictures.
CC7100A1-192A-450D-9E60-DF5E4B7C4AE2.jpeg

0B2473B8-FB72-4BF1-A8CC-F51EDDE2375D.jpeg

B1CB968D-70BD-41D7-9943-0B1A9BB580D4.jpeg

502B933C-90B5-4323-A41D-588A7290C2A9.jpeg

1EA092EF-E23F-45C5-AF42-0A8D8F9B35D6.jpeg
Stay tuned for Part 2 of travel day, an evening in MK.

“A Wonderful Homecoming”

We had to get up very early, yay, I know, it sucks. Our flight was at 6:15am.
Except... it's just a wee bit easier getting up when you're going to Disney. :goodvibes
it takes about 30 minutes to get to our little airport.
Me too! :)
I look really tired even with some editing, lol 😆
Nah. You look very excited for your trip. :)
Our flight to Minneapolis was right on time and is literally 30 minutes.
If it's 20 or 31, I'm going to be disappointed.
We had comfort class and we had two nice big seats right up close to first class. We loved this, we actually had a fair amount of distance around us.
Nice. :thumbsup2
made our way to Magical Express and the wait sign said 75 minutes, yikes, we were not in for that type of wait. :(
Holy smokes! Have they decided to start discontinuing it early???
We took a Lyft instead and we were off in literally 10 minutes. The cost was around $35.00 so not bad.
Definitely worth it, compared to a 75 minute wait!
It rained so hard on the ride to the resort. The driver had to go really slow and had her hazard lights on the whole way. The rain was pretty much done by the time we got to the resort.
You did time that rain just right!
Gorgeous!
This was the first time both of us had a meal in a restaurant since February 2020.
Huh! I've had... one? I think? Somewhere around last summer?
Our view was very nice. We could see The Tree of Life and Everest.
Nice!
:laughing:

made our way to Magical Express and the wait sign said 75 minutes, yikes, we were not in for that type of wait. :(

Yikes, is right! We found the same thing when we went but had to wait because we really needed help with the luggage. You were smart to uber :thumbsup2

We took some lobby pictures and went to get some food and caffeine at the quick service restaurant.

Gorgeous!

Our view was very nice. We could see The Tree of Life and Everest. I will wrap up this post with some room pictures.
CC7100A1-192A-450D-9E60-DF5E4B7C4AE2.jpeg

That's a gorgeous room…definitely looks more deluxe than mod!

Hi! I'm new here! I love the name Andi - that was my husband's mom's nickname and she passed when he was 17. We named our daughter Lillian as a nod to her but I really wanted to use Andi!

Anyway, I am not super familiar with your hotel so I enjoyed seeing the pictures of it! Following along now!

Hi Caroline! I'm here and I wouldn't miss this for the world. I know how many trips you've canceled and how much you and Andi were looking forward to returning. I'm so happy for you both!!!

I always love your trips w/Andi, and i'm excited to read a TR again after such a long time!!

MCO was not real busy, we retrieved our luggage fairly quickly and made our way to Magical Express and the wait sign said 75 minutes, yikes, we were not in for that type of wait. :(

Ugh, wow! I like that they had a wait time posted though, so you could make the decision to get the Lyft. That's good to know - Matt and the boys want to take one last ME ride but I just want to get there as quickly as possible.

I checked on the MDE app and we had a room number but we never received a room ready text, weird. :confused3

This is always what happens to me. In all the years they've sent texts, I've never got one :rotfl:
I love your view! The last time I was at Gran Destino we had a similar one on the 6th floor. Our last night on our upcoming trip is at Gran Destino and we have water view again and I can't wait to show it off to Matt and the boys!!

Looking forward to reading all about the rest of your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter