Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

I took my early morning mirror selfie for you all to laugh at. I look really tired even with some editing, lol

Stawp!! You're gorgeous!
It rained so hard on the ride to the resort. The driver had to go really slow and had her hazard lights on the whole way. The rain was pretty much done by the time we got to the resort. We arrived around 1:30pm and our room wasn’t quite ready, boo 😒 I received two texts telling us it wasn’t quite ready yet.:sad2:

Yeah, well, we were in AK getting soaked to the bone and staring at Naked Mole Rats for half an hour. LOL!!!

My burger and fries were really good, I was surprised. This was the first time both of us had a meal in a restaurant since February 2020. Crazy!
78CD2A89-6823-4FD0-AB8A-22EB7D68A591.jpeg

Say what...............?!! :scared1: First meal out!! I"m glad it was a decent one!!

Time to check out our lake view room on the 10th floor, room 9040. Our view was very nice. We could see The Tree of Life and Everest. I will wrap up this post with some room pictures.
After using Destino for check-in and several other reasons, I REALLY want to get a tower room someday. I adored how gorgeous it is in there and so convenient for buses and lifts. We were in Cabanas which wasn't awful but a long walk to El Centro.

OMG! I also have and Andi and my DH goes by Hammer. (cue Twilight zone music...)

I always enjoy reading your trip reports. I'm so glad you and Andi were finally able to go back. :thumbsup2

This flight was also uneventful. It left on time and we landed a little early.

Lucky!

MCO was not real busy, we retrieved our luggage fairly quickly and made our way to Magical Express and the wait sign said 75 minutes, yikes, we were not in for that type of wait. >:(

Eek! That's a longer posted wait then when I arrived, I can't imagine how long that line must have been!

We took some lobby pictures and went to get some food and caffeine at the quick service restaurant.

Oh wow, that lobby is beautiful! And the rooms look amazing too, love the view!

Oh, man. Who knows??? And who knows when the next one will be????
I hope you can cross the border this year! Our governor just announced phased reopening and it sounds like we will be back to normal by July, both exciting and scary!
Except... it's just a wee bit easier getting up when you're going to Disney.
This is very true!
Nah. You look very excited for your trip.
Thanks, I really was excited, it was hard to believe we were finally doing it.
If it's 20 or 31, I'm going to be disappointed.
Why do I say literally, lol 😂
Holy smokes! Have they decided to start discontinuing it early???
I don’t know what was going on there but I was not waiting in that line
Definitely worth it, compared to a 75 minute wait!
Yes very good decision right out of the gate, literally did you catch that? Haha 😛
Huh! I've had... one? I think? Somewhere around last summer?
Yes we have not dined in a restaurant since a long time ago, we have done take out many times!

Yikes, is right! We found the same thing when we went but had to wait because we really needed help with the luggage. You were smart to uber :thumbsup2
I’m so glad they had the wait time posted, I remember your pictures of the line. The Lyft was definitely the right decision for us!
The lobby is beautiful a and it smelled so good walking in there, made me so happy to be back on property
definitely looks more deluxe than mod!
I really think it is nicer than some of the old non refurbished deluxe rooms. The bathroom is so nice.
I grew up in Northern MN- so I know that flight well!

That resort looks gorgeous!
I really do like to fly from Duluth if the price is right, just so nice not having to drive down to the cities.
I really like staying here, it is so nice!
The resort looks gorgeous and that view is awesome!
It really is and the price compared to some deluxe resorts is so good!
We had to look to the left side but we could see the tree of life and
Everest
Sounds like a easy travel morning! Yay for finally being at Disney!!
It really was, it went very smoothly and yes yay to being at Disney!!

Hi! I'm new here! I love the name Andi - that was my husband's mom's nickname and she passed when he was 17. We named our daughter Lillian as a nod to her but I really wanted to use Andi!

Anyway, I am not super familiar with your hotel so I enjoyed seeing the pictures of it! Following along now!
Hello and :welcome: very happy to have you joining in. Andi loves her nickname, she is Andrea but we have never really called her that. We talked about it on the trip and she said she loves being called Andi! I call her And, lol 😂
Destino is the new tower at Coronado Springs, it really is a nice addition there and the price is right for Disney!

Hi Caroline! I'm here and I wouldn't miss this for the world. I know how many trips you've canceled and how much you and Andi were looking forward to returning. I'm so happy for you both!!!
Hi Jenny, thanks for joining in, it was wonderful to be back! We really enjoyed getting back to our happy place and Destino was very nice!
I always love your trips w/Andi, and i'm excited to read a TR again after such a long time!!
Thank you and Welcome back! It is awesome to have you here!
Ugh, wow! I like that they had a wait time posted though, so you could make the decision to get the Lyft. That's good to know - Matt and the boys want to take one last ME ride but I just want to get there as quickly as possible.
I was so happy to see a posted wait time so we could make a decision right away, sometimes the line looks deceiving and it moves fast, this line wasn’t doing anything. It was the only crowded area in the airport
This is always what happens to me. In all the years they've sent texts, I've never got one
It really has been hit or miss for us! From everything i was reading people were getting their rooms early in the day, not us!
I love your view! The last time I was at Gran Destino we had a similar one on the 6th floor. Our last night on our upcoming trip is at Gran Destino and we have water view again and I can't wait to show it off to Matt and the boys!!
We really loved it and the room was nice and quiet overall except for Disney’s notorious loud flushing toilets, lol 😂
Looking forward to reading all about the rest of your trip!
I want to try to finish it before our June trip, I hope we get to say hi 🙋‍♀️ in June!

I hope you can cross the border this year!
me too. No idea, though. :sad2:
Our governor just announced phased reopening and it sounds like we will be back to normal by July, both exciting and scary!
As long as enough people have vaccinations... I would think that would be okay??
Thanks, I really was excited, it was hard to believe we were finally doing it.
I bet you were!
Why do I say literally, lol 😂
I literally don't know! :lmao:
Yes very good decision right out of the gate, literally did you catch that? Haha 😛
:laughing:

::yes::
Yes we have not dined in a restaurant since a long time ago, we have done take out many times!
I've dined in twice that I can remember. Once with DD and we were the only ones there. Another time all 4 of us went but we had to show ID or sign affidavits that we all resided in the same household.

Andi loves her nickname, she is Andrea but we have never really called her that.

His mom was Andrea, too! Some people called her Annie - which is where we got the Lillian part (and sometimes we call her Lilli and sometimes we call her Annie, it's her "more fun" alter-ego!)

I am in for your report. Love the look of Grand Destino and will definitely consider if I ever don't have enough DVC points.

And love the I'm Vaccinated masks. I know where you got them --- I have the exact same ones! LOL!

I'm here Sweet Friend!!! So glad you gave a head's up on your other thread!! Back to read in a bit....
Same to you, so glad you found this and joined in. It was so nice to visit with you for a little while on the trip!
Stawp!! You're gorgeous!
Ahhh thank you, how sweet!
Yeah, well, we were in AK getting soaked to the bone and staring at Naked Mole Rats for half an hour. LOL!!!
Oh my gosh it was a downpour, I’m sorry you got soaked, we did get wet one day when it rained for about an hour, our feet were so wet.
First meal out!! I"m glad it was a decent one!!
It is crazy how long it has been, we have done take out many times.
After using Destino for check-in and several other reasons, I REALLY want to get a tower room someday. I adored how gorgeous it is in there and so convenient for buses and lifts. We were in Cabanas which wasn't awful but a long walk to El Centro.
We loved the tower and with the AP discount our lake view room was not to bad. It was very nice for getting Lyfts and the bus stop was right there. We stayed in Cabanas one time and it was nice but a long walk to the main building.
OMG! I also have and Andi and my DH goes by Hammer. (cue Twilight zone music...)
That is funny, everyone thinks Hammer is such a weird name haha, we love it, he is such a wonderful dog! Is your husband strong? I’m guessing maybe he is with a nickname like Hammer.
Following
:welcome:Thanks for joining in
I always enjoy reading your trip reports. I'm so glad you and Andi were finally able to go back.
:welcome: And thank you for joining in. We loved being back at Disney
Im sure you are jealous lol 😂
Eek! That's a longer posted wait then when I arrived, I can't imagine how long that line must have been!
It was so long, I’m glad they posted a wait time so we didn’t waste any extra time waiting.
Oh wow, that lobby is beautiful! And the rooms look amazing too, love the view!
It really is a nice place and the lobby smells so good. I loved our view!

As long as enough people have vaccinations... I would think that would be okay??
Yes, we have to meet 70% vaccination rate to return to normal, no masks, which seems like So strange
I've dined in twice that I can remember. Once with DD and we were the only ones there. Another time all 4 of us went but we had to show ID or sign affidavits that we all resided in the same household
We need to try eating out now, both my husband and I are fully vaccinated, it was so nice to eat out at Dsney
His mom was Andrea, too! Some people called her Annie - which is where we got the Lillian part (and sometimes we call her Lilli and sometimes we call her Annie, it's her "more fun" alter-ego!
So funny, we have never called Andi, Andrea, not even when I was mad at her!
I am in for your report. Love the look of Grand Destino and will definitely consider if I ever don't have enough DVC points.
It really is nice, the lobby sells so good and the elevators are so fast even with only 1 family per elevator
And love the I'm Vaccinated masks. I know where you got them --- I have the exact same ones! LOL!
I really like those masks, very comfortable, one of my friends, who I met on here, told me about the site and I loved all the different ones for Disney!

Yes, we have to meet 70% vaccination rate to return to normal, no masks, which seems like So strange
Ah! That's the first time I've seen an actual number associated with it. Thanks!
We need to try eating out now, both my husband and I are fully vaccinated, it was so nice to eat out at Dsney
Well, I won't be for a while. They just shut down all the restaurants again here just a couple hours ago.

I took my early morning mirror selfie for you all to laugh at. I look really tired even with some editing, lol
You look great for that early in the morning!

We were through security and at our gate in literally 15 minutes total. We decided to do an airport selfie prior to boarding.
4B327FCD-FEE3-4C3E-A9C5-4B0AD371B1DD.jpeg
You posted this and I barely recognized Andi!

MCO was not real busy, we retrieved our luggage fairly quickly and made our way to Magical Express and the wait sign said 75 minutes, yikes, we were not in for that type of wait.
I am sad Magical Express is going away. But it sounds like the waits have been VERY long. Like they have already given up on it. Which is sad.

Welcome to my newest TR, It has been 15 months since my last one. Sounds like I am introducing myself at an AA meeting, lol 😂
:rotfl2: Oh I am so happy to have found this. Pretty sure we are all in the Disney AA club.

And dying to hear what your trip report name means. I'm hoping its a peeker and not a picker but one never knows

I took my early morning mirror selfie for you all to laugh at. I look really tired even with some editing, lol 😆
01B5D754-D341-4600-AD3A-2A5216007C69.jpeg
You know its Disney day when Caroline is taking selfies!!! Wouldn't be the same without it. So happy to live vicariously through you both

MCO was not real busy, we retrieved our luggage fairly quickly and made our way to Magical Express and the wait sign said 75 minutes, yikes, we were not in for that type of wait. :(
Yikes!!!!!! No thank you!

We arrived around 1:30pm and our room wasn’t quite ready, boo 😒 I received two texts telling us it wasn’t quite ready yet.:sad2:
I guess they just really wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't ready. Strangely we never get our room is ready texts. I've even asked about it and they say nothing is wrong but I'm all about the conspiracy theory.

I got the bacon cheeseburger and Andi had the spicy chicken sandwich.
So is Andi off the vegetarian train?????

You look great for that early in the morning!
Ahhh, Thank you, you are so sweet
You posted this and I barely recognized Andi!
No joke right? That girl messed with her hair something crazy during the lockdown. I love her no matter what but her hair right now ,no way!
I am sad Magical Express is going away. But it sounds like the waits have been VERY long. Like they have already given up on it. Which is sad.
We have always loved to use ME but not with those waits. We have never waited anywhere near that ever!
Oh I am so happy to have found this. Pretty sure we are all in the Disney AA club.
Hi Kari, so glad to see you joining the AA meeting, :rotfl:
And dying to hear what your trip report name means. I'm hoping its a peeker and not a picker but one never knows
Either way it is gross, just wait!
You know its Disney day when Caroline is taking selfies!!! Wouldn't be the same without it. So happy to live vicariously through you both
My famous very very amateuro_O shots
Yikes!!!!!! No thank you!
This seems to be a problem right now, not sure if it is a short staffed thing, with Disney I am thinking yes! NO ME for us with those waits
I guess they just really wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't ready. Strangely we never get our room is ready texts. I've even asked about it and they say nothing is wrong but I'm all about the conspiracy theory.
Those texts are worthless, I have received a room ready text about 20% of the time:confused3
So is Andi off the vegetarian train?????
Yes thank goodness, she still won‘t eat red meat!
Can't wait to hear more. I always enjoy your TR's . We are headed to WDW in 28 days! Staying at Movies, but my parents are staying at CS. It looks beautiful!
Welcome and yay for a trip coming up! We will be back in June as well, we want to do more Flower and Garden touring in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter