Dining experiences 12/4-12/12

8caliace

United States Air Force
Stayed at SOG for 9 nights. Group ranged from 4-11 people at times, including 2 kids. Here are some eating reviews:

Day 1: Dinner at Evergreens-had to make sure we arrived in time to watch USC beat UCLA. Originally planned on going to ESPN, but we were tired from driving all day. Food was good and cheap, and of course, USC won! Grade: B

Day 2: Breakfast at SOG Express Cafe-some quick donuts, bagels and coffee. Simple and cheap while waiting for the bus. Grade B
Late lunch/early dinner at Beaches and Cream-first time dining here. Wait was about 35 minutes, but well worth it. Burgers were excellent, as were the onion rings. We were not brave enough for the kitchen sink, so stuck with some "regular" sized sundaes and the strawberry shortcake. Excellent service made this a new must-do for next time. Grade: A+

Day 3: Lunch at Flametree BBQ-used the AK vouchers. Items ordered included the ribs, the chicken, pulled pork sandwich, and the BBQ chicken salad. No negatives from anyone at the table. Grade: B+
Dinner at Earl of Sandwich-had to try it based on all the positives reviews from the boards. What a great place. Excellent sandwiches and can't beat the price with a stick. We got there at about 8pm, so the crowds were not too bad. One CM said we got there at a good time because the place is usually a zoo between 6-8pm. Everyone loved their sandwiches. I had the Jerk Chicken which could have been a bit spicier, but no complaints otherwise.
Grade: A+

Day 4: Breakfast at Starring Rolls-not really breakfast. More desserts than actual breakfast items. Key lime tarts, scones, muffins, cookies, etc. Great service moment as my daughter dropped her food on the ground and the CM replaced it right away. Grade: B
Lunch at 50's Primetime-got a PS that morning as we entered the park. Our server, Jen was great. This was our 4th visit here and it was just as good as we remembered. A couple of adults did not find anything to their liking on the regular menu, but they were able to order adult sized kids meals(2 hotdogs with mac and cheese). Grade: B+
Dinner at Evergreens-went swimming and popped over for a quick bite. Grade: B

Day 5: Breakfast at CRT-all the anticipation from waking early for the PS finally came to light. We were anxious after having read some poor reviews, but we loved it all. Without a doubt, some of the best service we have ever received at a Disney restaurant. CM Tom introduced himself, poured coffee and juice, and explained how everything would work for the adults and kids.
The princesses were on the far side of the room, so when the food was brought out we were able to dig in. Highlights were the potatoes and the french toast. Tom came around frequently topping off drinks and asking what we needed. My DS loves strawberries, but there was not a lot in the fruit bowls, but Tom brought him out a whole big plate full. We asked for some bacon and got a big plate full. The princesses made their way to us my DD went nuts. She is almost 2 and each princess (Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Jasmine and Aurora) spent plenty of time with her for photos and autographs. They even indulged us guys for pics. Big highlight for all of us on this trip. Grade: A+++
Lunch at Cosmic Rays-not very hungry after the big breakfast, so we had some soup and some salads. Very poor service from the cashier who received some complaints from the people behind us. Grade: C-

Day 6: Lunch at Gasparilla Grill-quick snack of some sandwiches, salads and wraps. Grade: B
Dinner at Plaza: early dinner before MVMCP. Great sandwiches and burgers. My DW and I split a sandwich, and the server brought it out on seperate plates. Desserts were a hit also. Grade: B+

Day 7: Lots of snacking leading up to dinner at O'hana for DS's 8th birthday. Probably our favorite restaurant and once again did not disappoint. Great service, awesome food. Our servers never missed a beat and met all our requests. Grade: A+

Day 8: Lunch at Whispering Canyon-no PS but we got there a bit before it opened for lunch and were seated right away. Much more activity going on then our last lunch visit. Our server seemed more involved in the activity then the serving and got into an argument with another CM right in front of us. Food was great and had to get my Banana Dustbowl. Grade: B

Day 9: Most of our group was leaving today so lots of scattered picking around. Late dinner at Garden Gallery buffet-not bad, not great. Service was fine. Grade: C-

Day 10: Garden Gallery breakfast buffet-Apprehensive after the dinner, but this was more like it. Great service and the food was excellent. Wished we would have tried it earlier in the trip. Stuffed ourselves and then loaded into the car for the 9 hour drive home.

Hope these help someone out there. Glad to answer any questions. Thanks.

Agreed with you about the Garden Gallery buffets. We thought the Breakfast buffet was way better than the dinner!

Thanks for sharing your opinions! We may try Earl of Sandwich based on so many positive reviews on the boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter