Dining Reviews 12/3-12/11-long...

ChristyJ

<marquee><font color=9933ff>Hiking Chick</marquee>
I'm full still!! :D We had some breakfasts in our room and had early dinners, so we just snacked rather than have lunch.

12/3-Princess dinner at 1900Park Fare-My 2 dds (5 & 8) loved it, but I don't think we'd go back. This was one of our most expensive meals and DH & I weren't crazy about it-maybe because we'd been flying all day and were tired, who knows...

12/4-breakfast at Chef Mickey's-food was okay, but we waited to see Mickey for 1 & 1/2 hours-wouldn't do again for the price.

early dinner at House of Blues DTD-we had a good tasting meal, but...-I had the steak salad & it was yummy!! DH had the corn bread (delicious) and the blackened chicken sandwich-he liked it, but then was very sick that night & the next day. Maybe he had a stomach bug (but nobody else got it)-this was the only food we had had that was different so we're wondering if he had food poisoning (??) DDs had typical kid food & both enjoyed their meals

12/5-EPCOT-Princess Storybook breakfast-the food was pretty good, and the character interaction was GREAT-we would definately do this again!

dinner at the Coral Reef-this was one of our favorite meals-we did the Candlelight Processional package (CP was beautiful/wonderful!!!). I had the lobster bisque (yum!) & a shrimp dish which was delicious. DH had shrimp cocktail & the filet mignon which he loved despite his upset stomach! :blush: We had that chocolate dessert-omg it was good!! DD both had make-your-own-sundae for dessert and had fun with that!!

12/6-MGM-lunch was counter service at Rosie's All-American Cafe-it was okay-we had wished we noticed Cantalina Eddie's next door before ordering, but the kids were hungry and getting cranky due to this, so this was the first place we saw.

dinner at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)-we enjoyed this meal!! DH and I both had the steak (I am not a big red meat eater). The girls both had cheese pizzas and finished them!

12/7-breakfast at 1900 Park Fare-food was okay, but probably wouldn't do again.

lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe-we had a great meal! I had the pork sandwhich which was delicious-I forgot what DH ate..

dinner atPecos Bills Cafe during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas. DH and the girls loved their hotdogs! I had a chicken wrap that was soso.

12/8-breakfast at Cindy's castle-I worked so hard to get PS for this and I'm glad we got to go there, but I think I'd do EPCOTs PSB over this one next time. (sorry)

early dinner at Crystal Palace-good meal-loved the desserts!!!

12/9-Animal Kingdom-lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque-one of DH favorite meal (ribs)-I had the bbq chicken salad which was good, DDs both had hotdogs with the meal deal (I would recommend to anyone-what a great deal to get the ice crea/popcorn & drink later!!)

Dinner at Ohanas-this was our favorite!! It was fun, not stressful, and we had great food!! This was one meal we found to be truly worth the money!!

12/10-MGM-Toy Story Pizza Plant-we had promised the girls we'd go here for lunch-they liked the pizza, but DH & I did not-it was very bland, as were the salads.

dinner-Hollywood & Vine-we liked the buffet-our server was good-we'd go here again.

12/11-lunch again at the Whispering Canyon Cafe-again, we had a good meal here & had fun!!

So from this trip I learned not to schedule so many character meals-but to definately make PS for one meal-probably not to do as many buffets again.

I've always loved the breakfast at 1900, sorry you didn't!! I just love the cold strawberry soup and blintzes..........Thanks for the reviews!!

:flower1:

Thanks for the reviews. Why did you like the Storybook over the castle breakfast better? I have not been to either. How is the interaction w/ pooh at CP? Lastly, I was just commenting on a GF resort thread where someones whole family got sick w/ a "stomach bug", how three different famlies I know on different trips at least one or two members got food poisoning or a stomach bug at disney. I find this odd. I think food poisoning is very under reported at Disney. I know there was an article about this . Maybe if more people reported it Disney would do more to keep this from happening because it could really ruin someones trip. Glad that you had a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter