Dining Reviews Aug 26th-Sept 3rd

NYDisGuy

DIS Veteran
I will rate the meals in order from best to worst in regard to food and service.

1. Flying Fish - This was the best meal we ever had at Disney and quite possibly the best meal ive ever had. The service was incredible and the food was great. My gf and I had the Lobster Bisque, I had the wood fired Mahi-Mahi and she had the potato snapper and or dessert I had the cheesecake and she had the chocolate sampler. We did not use our dining plan for this, total came to $150 including tip and tax.

2-Spirit of Aloha - Ive been to this every year we go and it was great as usual. The beggining is boring and they do stop serving drinks at a time but its because people cant see if there are waiters all over. The show is great at the end and the food was great as well. We used our dining plan here.

3- Sci-Fi Dine Inn - Great service, good food although overpriced. I had onion rings and The reuben with two cookies and cream shakes (dessert and drink). My gf had Spinach and artichoke dip, grilled chicken and chocolate cake. We used the dining plan.

4- BierGarten - Around this point was when our dining got bad. Atmosphere was great, the show was good while it lasted but they are very inconsiderate towards couples. They made me sit with a family of 3 while my gf was at a diagnol at the other table sitting with another family of 3. I couldnt talk to her without someone looking at me from either side. The service was bad, saw our waiter once and was without drinks the enitre time. And the food was good until me and my gf got sick from it. Terrible. Used the dining plan.

5-LeCellier - Its down here because its way overrated. It was very loud in there, and the staff seemed upset because for alot of them it was there last day there because internships ran out that day so our service sucked. The cheese soup was delicious but that was about it. Our breadsticks were stale, we sent our filet mignons back three times because we asked for well done but they were bleeding and our waitress had a hard time understanding us because she was a french canadian (good job disney). The brulees tasted disgusting and again our waitress would rather talk to her friends than see us. Terrible again. Used our dining plan.

6-Crystal Palace- Worst of all. There was a video being shot the morning of our reservation so we missed our 8:25am res and we got there about 8:45am because they wouldnt let anyone through at all. They sat us under a plant that was recently watered so it was dripping all over us and the waitress laughed when we asked to be moved. Piglet was the only one to stop at our table for 1 HOUR! Tigger just passed us, and eyore and pooh took "breaks" and never returned. I could understand they want to spend time with kids but they can stop at our table too, I mean we are using our credits to eat there like everyone else. The food was ok but it was a waste of time. Used our dining plan.

To me, because we were a younger a couple and we used the dining plan we were not treated up to par. The regular prices of these meals without the dining plan was ridiculousley high, so we should of been treated better imo but werent. This was the free dining plan so I cant complain about the food too much, but I will probably be using my AAA discount next time and pay for Flying Fish and the luau and just do counter services.

Thansk for your reviews...sorry you did not like Biergarten, that is one of our favorite places.

We eat at CP every trip and DH and I are a young couple without kids and the characters always spend time with us....sorry they didnt with you but dont give up on this place, the food is so good!

I am sorry to hear that you had such poor experiences.. Le Cellier is one of my favorite restaraunts and I have always had excellent service and very good food there. They really went out of their way when they found out it was my birthday! On another trip with eight other adults, mostly younger, we ate at the CP and it was the only meal that everyone enjoyed and the characters spent quite a bit of time with us. Perhaps you were seated in a difficult or out of the way area....I hope that you will give them another chance. Thank you for your reports!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I wonder what day you ate at LeCellier??

If you see my review below (tale of three filets), you will see that we had very slow service at LeCellier too.
Catrin

Catrin said:
I wonder what day you ate at LeCellier??

If you see my review below (tale of three filets), you will see that we had very slow service at LeCellier too.
Catrin

We ate Thursday, Aug 31st. The reason we found out it was the last day of the student exchange program was because a bunch of wait staff from Le Cellier came next to us to watch illuminations and was talking about how it sucks to leave. I read your review and our waitress also disapperead for about 20 minutes and came back to ask how everything was doing when we were without drinks for like 15 minutes and just came from 90 degree weather. I wont be dining after that again there.

As far as Crystal Palace, this wasnt the first time we have been snubbed at character breakfasts. It happened at Chef Mickeys last year too when Minnie refused to come back to our table even though she passed it, and the guy who follows her said he cant break rotation. Im just sick of it, so ill probably return when I have kids of my own.

In Biergarten its not the first time I got sick from there food and Im 50% German so I eat German food quite reguraly. Alot of the stuff is undercooked and it bit us again. Plus the waiter we had didnt seem intrested. Maybe its the time of year when all the students have to go back to there home country but its ridiculous when the service lacks because of it.

And we enjoyed Sci-FI, but when I found out I could get the Reuben at Caribbean Beach food court for 10 dollars cheaper and just as good ill eat it there. Sci-Fi is overpriced and we probabyl wont be returning there either, the atmosphere just does it for me once. We will be returning to Flying Fish and Spirit of Aloha though and I highly recommend those.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed The Flying Fish. I thought it was just wonderful when we went this past July. I also had the potato wrapped red snapper. For dessert I tried the caramelized banana creme brulee. But one of the best surprises was the Bayberry Martini I had before dinner. It was absolutely one of the best alcoholic drinks I have ever had in my life. In fact I wish I had the recipe but then again maybe not. I'm afraid I might enjoy drinking it a little too much!! LOL!

NYDisGuy said:
5-LeCellier - Its down here because its way overrated. It was very loud in there, and the staff seemed upset because for alot of them it was there last day there because internships ran out that day so our service sucked. The cheese soup was delicious but that was about it. Our breadsticks were stale, we sent our filet mignons back three times because we asked for well done but they were bleeding

Well done... fillet? Did they ask you if you just wanted them to butterfly it? The outside would be carbon before the inside got to well done. :sad2:

DiszyDeanette said:
Well done... fillet? Did they ask you if you just wanted them to butterfly it? The outside would be carbon before the inside got to well done. :sad2:

My GF actually has a special need where she can't eat red meat at all which was told the person that took our res, so to make it easier I order well done on my steaks too. We have filet's well done all the time so I know it can be done which was suprising they couldnt figure it out. And a little pink doesnt matter, I said above that the steak was actually bleeding, which means they were rushing it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter