Dinner was HOW MUCH?! Don’t tell your Dad!-A Princess Half Marathon Trip!-Newx2 11/21

Just got all caught up. Great start and GREAT arrival day! You got to do so much! What a way to start off a trip, with a viewing of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. :thumbsup2

Too bad you weren't able to get the shoes you wanted. The expo seemed to offer a lot of cute photo ops though! Love that one with Princess Minnie, she is absolutely adorable.

Thank you! It was definitely one of my top Disney arrival days of all time, I loved it!

Hopefully next year I'll finally be able to snag a pair! And I loved all the photo ops! I wish Princess Minnie was out all all the time, she's cute in Storybrook Circus but a Princess Minnie in Fantasyland would be awesome!

Haha, you should have seen that Ariel when she had soft serve ice cream hair out west.

Oh that picture of Tramp makes me miss December so much!!! I saw him every day, *sniff*

God, all that purple and still no purple Magic Bands. What is up with that?

Yeah, I'm thinking my corral would be "AAA" which is not even on the board. :rolleyes:

Aww NOOOO, no shoes!!! I've seen some of the photos of them, and I would absolutely buy a pair.

Hmm soft serve ice cream hair sounds even worse haha.

I know I want to go back SO bad!

I know right?! They need to come out with purple soon I have almost every other color :rotfl2:

Ugh I know I was so bummed, hopefully next year!

Bummer about the running shoes. I don't know why they just dont make enough to meet demand?

I don't know either, they were super popular Marathon weekend so I don't know why they didn't amp up production! Or let people pre-order so they would know exactly how many to make!

I love the LM queue almost as much as I love the ride. The waterfall, castle, Scuttle, etc are all so detailed! Definitely entertaining to walk through!

I guess we can't say we're total trip twins... after all, you bought your Alex and Ani on Main Street and mine came from WoD, hahaha!!

Love that Baloo pin- what a good trade!

All your expo pictures make it look so fun (and crowded!) Haha, I love that picture runDisney sent to you! :thumbsup2

I can't wear the runDisney shoes myself, but considering how popular they are I was glad to hear they tried to fix the system. I'm bummed that the 'fix' still didn't work for you and you couldn't get a pair!

I agree! Maybe even more haha. It's so beautiful, especially at night!

Haha you are right, that right there makes our trip SO different.

Me too! I actually got it from the guy who rang me up for my bracelet!

Definitely crowded but a lot of fun!

I was so bummed, even though I don't think I would have been able to run in them, I just wanted them to wear around the parks.

I agree with you about the animatronics in Ariel's ride (full name is too long to type) - both about how great the Ursula one is and also how that one Ariel one is a little creepy (I think it is because her tail doesn't move so it seems like she is like stuck in a shell or something)

Your Mickey head snack looks really good! Speaking of Mickey heads - I like the Mickey head pin you traded for!

Bummer about the people next to you - like you said, at least it was only for one night

"so you have to sign up via virtual queue just to get a chance to purchase them" ... that sounds like way too much work for the honor of giving someone money :rotfl:

Not sure if this is a silly question or not, but I see on your bip that it says "Repunzel" ... were there different princesses on different bips or for different races you could run?

that's crazy about most of the shoes being gone ... and definitely would have been nice of them to tell you earlier that they were out of most sizes

Is their a corral that is the equivalent to the 19th hole in golf (i.e., the bar)? :lmao:

Agreed the animatronics are great even the creepy ones haha. And I think you're right, it's totally the non tail movement that makes her weird.

Those rice krispee treats are my weakness! And thanks I was pumped to find that one!

Yes thank goodness, they were so loud haha.

I know it was a bit ridiculous and then they didn't even have what we wanted. But if that was the biggest issue we had all weekend I guess we can't really complain.

You got to pick out the princess you wanted on your bib when you registered. You could pretty much pick anyone but Anna, Elsa, Mulan and Pocohantas. I really liked that it gave the bibs that extra personalized touch!

Maybe I should make that suggestion for next year :rotfl2: They could just call it the beer lovers corral.

Mmm that treat looks delicious!!

The expo looks HUGE!

Cute pic of you and Prince Charming ;)

Princess Minnie is adorable! So cool that you got a pic with her and Snow White!

Oh no, how annoying that they sold out of shoes before you got there :(

Good idea bringing that duffle bag with you!

It was so good, those rice krispee treats are so delicious!

It was a little overwhelming but I loved it!

Haha thanks, the ladies taking the pictures got quite a kick out of it.

I loved Princess Minnie, I wish she was out all the time!

So annoying! I wanted a pair so bad but hopefully next year I'll have better luck!

Life saver bringing that extra bag, it's always refreshing to have an idea turn out perfect haha.

Could this trip get any better?!

When I left off we had grabbed a bus from the expo to the Boardwalk to go check in to our room for the next 4 nights!

We stopped at the Yacht and Beach club and then the Swan and Dolphin. I’m pretty sure we got off at the Swan and just walked over to the Boardwalk.

We check in just after 12:15 and our room was ready! I was SO pumped, I didn’t think it would be ready until 4.

Our room was 3 doors down from the elevators, it was SO convenient and I was so excited that we were close to the lobby and the bus stops for my early morning wake ups!

The we looked out the window and saw our view!

IMG_1386_zps215d9e98.jpg

Now this may not seem like much but we were so excited! I was going to be running literally right by the next day! My Mom was so close she could just walk down and easily see me plus she got to enjoy the other runners going by from our balcony!

IMG_1387_zps40735985.jpg

IMG_1388_zps25a82c22.jpg

I don’t really know what I was thinking but I didn’t take any pictures of the room

IMG_1389_zps3a7727b1.jpg

Overall though we loved the room. It worked out perfectly for us, and I’m so glad I splurged a bit on the studio for this trip. The fridge with freezer compartment was so wonderful. Plus having a coffee maker and microwave in the room, along with plates and cups and the extra “kitchen” storage space was fabulous.

We found plenty of space to unpack everything and put stuff away once our luggage finally came.

First I took an inventory of all my expo loot.

IMG_1390_zps69608f01.jpg

The 3 shirts on the bottom were the race shirts included with registration. I know a lot of people weren’t liking the color but I actually really liked them. Every race shirt I’ve gotten in the past year is an obnoxious color so the low key colors were great for me! Plus I love to wear light weight tech shirts in the summer at the beach or on the boat when I start to burn and these will be perfect!

I also picked up 2 more shirts, a handheld water bottle, collar light for Baxter, headband, and race pins!

Our luggage wasn’t here yet and we were starving so we made our way over for a little Epcot fun and lunch!

Walking over to the international gateway was FABULOUS! We loved it.
When we got into Epcot we saw that some of the Flower and Garden toparies were up!

IMG_1391_zps98632f04.jpg

IMG_1392_zps2626e31c.jpg

So adorable

We stopped into the Land for some lunch. I apparently didn’t take any pictures sorry. We both just had kids meals since we were going to dinner in a couple hours.

Then we headed over to the Seas!

IMG_1394_zps53435cd6.jpg

It was surprisingly not crowded, look at this shot with no one else’s kids in it!

IMG_1395_zps46e1209c.jpg

We walked straight onto the Finding Nemo ride and thoroughly enjoyed our trip under the sea. We decided to check out Turtle Talk next. We had only done this once before so I was excited to try it again!

IMG_1401_zpsf5318fbb.jpg

We still had a few minutes before the show so we checked out some of the tanks in the waiting area. Those were some massive lobsters and we are from Maine.

IMG_1402_zpsc0c7334a.jpg

We both thought this guy was extremely creepy

Soon enough we headed in for the show!

The show was great, it was so cute and funny and I’d recommend it to anyone.

Crush asked one kid where he was from and he said Buffalo. Crush looked at him all confused and said but you’re a human?! It was super cute, I don’t think the kid got it at all.

After Turtle Talk we headed over and rode Soarin : ) And I finally got to be reunited with my beloved Patrick

IMG_1409_zpsd713e2e5.jpg

The ride was fabulous per usual but sadly the only time we got to ride it this trip : (

After Soarin we headed over and browsed through MouseGears before heading for a ride on Spaceship Earth.

This ride was so relaxing I swear I could have fallen asleep haha.

IMG_1404_zps3654c845.jpg

IMG_1405_zpsc0e75bf5.jpg

I’m a total history nerd so I love this ride.

Especially since they’ve added the future game at the end

IMG_1408_zps9d29fb80.jpg

And my Mom only looked a little creepy this time ; )

We grabbed a couple photopass pictures in front of Spaceship Earth

wdw201405247421965_zps18518f36.jpeg

wdw201405247421966_zps4d1e0999.jpeg

Before heading over to Test Track!

IMG_1412_zps66a95d88.jpg

Since it was Princess Weekend we obviously made our car pink

IMG_1413_zps26d685ca.jpg

Here’s our oh so lovely ride photo

wdw201405247459893_zpsa0e67a03.jpeg

I like this ride SO much better than my first go on the new version in December. Two thumbs up it was a lot of fun!

We had finished everything we wanted to do in Future World, so next on the agenda was exploring World Showcase!

Around the World!

We decided to start our world tour in Mexico since we were having dinner in France.

IMG_1415_zps3f16a13b.jpg

We didn’t get very far however before this little beauty caught our eye. Strawberry lime Margarita! Or maybe it was Pomegranate, I don’t remember.

We sat in the outdoor seating in front of Mexico and enjoyed this delicious frozen beverage. Alcoholic drinks and relaxing at Epcot is something we never do with my Dad but it was awesome to just sit there and enjoy the afternoon!

Next we headed out for a quick tour of all the countries!

Norway was a mess with the Anna and Elsa line so we quickly moved on to Germany

IMG_1417_zps3743fb00.jpg

IMG_1418_zpsd6e3584e.jpg

IMG_1419_zps8bc63e39.jpg

Love this 7 Dwarves topiary

IMG_1420_zpsbefe750e.jpg

I don’t really have many notes from our tour around the world but I think we looked in a few shops, but mostly checked out the topiaries that were out.

Next up was Lady and the Tramp in Italy

IMG_1421_zpsd693377f.jpg

We wandered up towards America and were a little bummed to see this sign

IMG_1423_zpsc67062a1.jpg

We were just missing everything haha.

IMG_1424_zps9961de2a.jpg

We had to stop and take some pictures with Woody

IMG_1425_zpsd9d9d33d.jpg

Finally we made it all the way around to France and found Aurora

And

IMG_1427_zps02fddbcf.jpg

Cinderella!

We could hear the British Revolution playing in England so we decided to head over there next.

IMG_1436_zpsec2673e4.jpg

IMG_1437_zps7b8239cd.jpg

If you haven’t stopped to watch these guys do it! They are so entertaining and fun. They also really try hard to get the audience involved and into it.
We hadn’t stopped to watch these guys in YEARS but we definitely will be doing so more often now they were great!

We checked out the rest of the pavilion after they were done playing

IMG_1438_zpsee802d45.jpg

Pooh gang at dusk!

IMG_1429_zpsd3cc84ae.jpg

I was so bummed Peter Pan wasn’t on the roof yet but Captain Hook was fabulous

IMG_1430_zps51e9d621.jpg

So was the crocodile oh my goodness he’s too cute

IMG_1432_zpsb9057763.jpg

IMG_1434_zps7fbb7368.jpg

After our little photoshoot it was time to check in for dinner!

IMG_1439_zpse67d3c6d.jpg

We were dining at Les Chefs!

IMG_1440_zps4a42acfb.jpg

I had never been in here before, we had dubbed it the fishbowl restaurant since it sits right on the walkway with floor to ceiling windows but it was quite nice inside.

We had Stephen for our waiter and he was fabulous. He was upbeat, personable and efficient.

IMG_1441_zpsf7e87f6f.jpg

We both opted for the Mac and Cheese, it was good but so filling but we took the rest home since we had a microwave in our room!

This was the first night my Mom uttered the phrase that came to be the title of this trip report. My Mom can't see anything without her glasses so I always took care of the dinner bill on our magicbands. Every night she'd ask how much it was, I'd tell her, and she'd be like "well don't tell your Dad!"

Our dinner reservation was at 6:30 and we were down before 7:30 they were extremely efficient which we appreciated.

We still had to grab our luggage and unpack so we headed out after dinner.
We grabbed our bags at Luggage services and unpacked.

Now since I was running two races I knew I needed water, lots of it. I didn’t want to pay the pricey delivery fee so we packed a small dolly in our checked luggage and went on a water adventure when we got back to the room.

We had to get to the Hess station across the road. Tip for anyone else trying to do this, follow the walkway down by the bus stops and the convention center, it leads to a sidewalk along the main road. We went out by the guard shack and had to run through the bushes to cross the road haha.
We picked up two packs of water, some wine and milk and strapped it all up to the dolly. Both customers and workers at the station alike were amazed haha.

Water mission completed it was 9pm and sadly time for bed. I was planning on getting up at 3am the next day!

Jess, I think the view is wonderful!!! Looking out onto the Boardwalk and being so close too.

Ahhh being so close to Epcot and, even though I've never stayed at any of these resorts, I love going through the Gateway. It feels more personal and private.

Hey, one ride on Soarin is better than none.

Ha, you're TT ride photo almost looks like my Everest ride photo. Everybody pretty chill, except for one in the back, lol.

And see, the new TT does grow on ya, doesn't it.

I so love Flower and Garden, but seriously, what's up with no Pan????

Mickey rice krispee heads are sooooo good....one of my favorite snacks!

Love those pictures of POP at night....that might be my favorite value I always feel so nostalgic about the time I stayed there:love:

Great expo pictures too....I wish I had a little more time there so I got to take advantage of some of the character meet and greets. That prince charming picture is priceless! Haha

I'm actually drooling a little over the picture of that margarita...pretty sure Mexico is the best world showcase country just for those...

I've been to Chefs de France once before, but I've never had the mac and cheese...was it as good as it looks/sounds? If so I may need to return...

Can't wait to hear about your race experiences!

Loving the TR so far! You've come so far in your first year of running! That's really inspiring. And that's so great that your mom came along to support you!

Pop looks like such a cute resort, and BW is just beautiful!

Sorry to hear the shoes were all sold out. That's such a bummer! I saw what people posted pictures, and I would take up running just for a chance to get those shoes! :rotfl:

Ahhh how awesome to start your trip with Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. And you got in a lot of good rides, too!

That Rice Krispie covered in Reese's...I'm drooling.

Your pics are making me so excited to stay at Pop! I was worried it would be hard to go back to a Value after staying at POR but I'm really looking forward to Pop.

Yesss you got the GSC wine glass! I was admiring all the merch I saw online and that was one I would have gotten if I were there haha.

I LOVE that picture of Prince Charming crowning you. And PRINCESS MINNIE!!! I got to meet her out in Disneyland and it was wonderful.

Sorry you didn't get shoes or a Dooney :( there's always next year though!

I'M HERE I'M HERE!!

First off.... that race outfit >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Props to you for making CTM and Wishes with a perfect viewing spot on arrival day :worship:

YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY EXPO TIME!!!! *money flying away*
ummmm....YOUR TANK TOP!!!!! :lovestruc

I don't think the race you submit your Proof of time has to be chipped. The second (faster) one I submitted wasn't with a chip time. BUT TOTES agree with submitting a time. Or else you will be in corral N, O, P and take an hour before you even cross the start. No danks.

I JUST GET CHILLS LOOKING AT EXPO PICS

I can not handle the bib. "Princess Jessica" OMG STOP IT DISNEY

Oh man that is a good idea, I should have bought a duffle with me for my swag :rotfl:
Couple of merch questions. They had the water bottle with the straw? If so, was the design on it cute? Also, did they have PHM logo-ed track jackets?

Enjoying your trip report so far!

Thank you! pixiedust:

Jess, I think the view is wonderful!!! Looking out onto the Boardwalk and being so close too.

Ahhh being so close to Epcot and, even though I've never stayed at any of these resorts, I love going through the Gateway. It feels more personal and private.

Hey, one ride on Soarin is better than none.

Ha, you're TT ride photo almost looks like my Everest ride photo. Everybody pretty chill, except for one in the back, lol.

And see, the new TT does grow on ya, doesn't it.

I so love Flower and Garden, but seriously, what's up with no Pan????

I was so in love with our view, it was so perfect!

I totally agree, I hate using the front gates with the peasant folk :rotfl2:

True story but two rides is always better!

I miss when they used to take the photo when you were just about to go through the doors to the outside, we got some good photos when the camera was there!

And yes, it did, you guys were right.

I think I've seen pictures of him up now but I was bummed he wasn't up when I was there!

Mickey rice krispee heads are sooooo good....one of my favorite snacks!

Love those pictures of POP at night....that might be my favorite value I always feel so nostalgic about the time I stayed there:love:

Great expo pictures too....I wish I had a little more time there so I got to take advantage of some of the character meet and greets. That prince charming picture is priceless! Haha

I'm actually drooling a little over the picture of that margarita...pretty sure Mexico is the best world showcase country just for those...

I've been to Chefs de France once before, but I've never had the mac and cheese...was it as good as it looks/sounds? If so I may need to return...

Can't wait to hear about your race experiences!

Seriously I'm like obsessed, I think I got one almost everyday of the trip... oops.

It's my favorite value too, I love POP!

I'm almost glad we were waiting on our sneaker appointment or I don't think we would have stayed that long but i really enjoyed taking our time!

Such a good margarita.

It was pretty delicious but it was really rich, we should have split one and gotten a salad to split or something.

They are coming up soon!

Loving the TR so far! You've come so far in your first year of running! That's really inspiring. And that's so great that your mom came along to support you!

Pop looks like such a cute resort, and BW is just beautiful!

Sorry to hear the shoes were all sold out. That's such a bummer! I saw what people posted pictures, and I would take up running just for a chance to get those shoes! :rotfl:

Aww thank you so much! And I was so happy and thankful she was able to come along!

I love POP and I was so excited to stay at the beautiful Boardwalk too.

Haha I know right, such cute shoes! I was bummed but my wallet was happy haha.

Ahhh how awesome to start your trip with Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. And you got in a lot of good rides, too!

That Rice Krispie covered in Reese's...I'm drooling.

Your pics are making me so excited to stay at Pop! I was worried it would be hard to go back to a Value after staying at POR but I'm really looking forward to Pop.

Yesss you got the GSC wine glass! I was admiring all the merch I saw online and that was one I would have gotten if I were there haha.

I LOVE that picture of Prince Charming crowning you. And PRINCESS MINNIE!!! I got to meet her out in Disneyland and it was wonderful.

Sorry you didn't get shoes or a Dooney :( there's always next year though!

It was seriously the best, hands down best arrival day ever!

I want one so bad right now. I don't know why I don't just bring like 20 of them home with me :rotfl2:

POP has a special place in my heart, I think you'll like it. We used to always stay deluxe before POP opened but we still love POP!

Haha I love it. I haven't gotten to use it yet since I kept it all wrapped up nice since I'm moving soon but its so pretty.

Thanks, it did come out pretty ridiculous in a good way! And I loved Minnie, so jealous you met her in Disneyland!

That's pretty much my excuse to go back next year. I didn't get to spend enough money this year so I have to go again, good logic right? :rotfl2:

I'M HERE I'M HERE!!

First off.... that race outfit >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Props to you for making CTM and Wishes with a perfect viewing spot on arrival day :worship:

YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY EXPO TIME!!!! *money flying away*
ummmm....YOUR TANK TOP!!!!! :lovestruc

I don't think the race you submit your Proof of time has to be chipped. The second (faster) one I submitted wasn't with a chip time. BUT TOTES agree with submitting a time. Or else you will be in corral N, O, P and take an hour before you even cross the start. No danks.

I JUST GET CHILLS LOOKING AT EXPO PICS

I can not handle the bib. "Princess Jessica" OMG STOP IT DISNEY

Oh man that is a good idea, I should have bought a duffle with me for my swag :rotfl:
Couple of merch questions. They had the water bottle with the straw? If so, was the design on it cute? Also, did they have PHM logo-ed track jackets?

Yay! Welcome! pixiedust:

Thank you! I'm so happy how it turned out I loved it!

Haha it was so unreal that I made it and nailed the perfect spot, while enjoying some Casey's.

So had to control that money, it was just flying out of my pockets I don't even know what happened :rotfl:
Its from Raw Threads I love their stuff!

That's good to know for next year, a lot of my smaller local races list results but there's not race chip.

I want to go back to the expo so bad, I loved it.

I know right?! So freaking cute. It's def framed and sitting in my office right now.

Duffle bag was such a life saver I'll never do an expo without one. Carrying around stuff in those gearcheck bags didn't look fun.

I think they had them but their weren't any when I got there. I think those and the tumblers were the only things out by Friday morning. They did have the track jackets I looked at them but I wasn't a huge fan of the colors this year. They were blue with hot pink zippers and I just wasn't feeling them. Those were totally on my list of wants too.

Enchanted 10k!!-Part 1

Finally we’ve come to the first race report of the trip! I can’t wait to share this with you guys, I seriously LOVED this race. I broke this into 3 updates, excessive I know but I took a lot of pictures. Hopefully this doesn't drag on too much for you guys!

My alarm went off at 3am I got up immediately and started getting ready. I had everything laid out in the bathroom/kitchen area and tried hard not to be too loud so my Mom could keep sleeping.

I put my costume on and did my hair quickly.

IMG_1442_zpsb2e7209c.jpg

IMG_1444_zps78ce8e36.jpg

I always have homemade granola before races so I brought my own from home down to have before both races, I didn’t want to try anything new. I poured some granola with milk into one of the plastic bowls provided in the studio and headed down to the busses around 3:30am. I also had a bottle of water with me to hydrate before the race.

I headed down to the bus stop, which for the Boardwalk is in front of the convention center and there was already a small line formed. There was a volunteer with a radio at the front of the line and said a bus was on it’s way over.

I only waited about 5mins before jumping on around 3:35am or 3:45am I think. Our bus headed straight to Epcot we hit no traffic and arrived super early, before 4am.

Busses for the 10k were stated as running from 3:30am -4am for runners, if I could do this again I’d hop on a later bus. I did hear the next bus at the Boardwalk didn’t come until 4:15am but I still would have had plenty of time I think.

The busses dropped us off and you could already hear the music and feel the excitement in the air.

IMG_1445_zps787c9154.jpg

You can see the corrals all set up, this was the view from right near the bus drop off.

RunDisney is run like an well oiled machine, we were directed through the staging area in a very efficient manner, I was so impressed.

We hit bag check first, I didn’t have a bag so I was directed around a lead into the staging area.

There was even a guy standing in front of this area managing where everyone was obviously trying to get a picture of the start.

IMG_1447_zps20ca4073.jpg

Taking this picture I was technically standing on the course

IMG_1449_zps850bcc78.jpg

A very nice fellow runner offered to take my picture after a selfie fail

As you can see in this picture I wore a “throw” away top before the race. It was pretty warm but I was a little chilled in my Jasmin costume so I wore the shirt. They have boxes in the starting corrals to leave clothing you’d like to donate right before the race.

Anyways, after passing over the course we continued to walk along. I grabbed a coffee from a vendor and bypassed bag check and headed over to the staging area.

The 10k is super convenient because the DJ, porta potties and corrals are all together in the same area.

IMG_1450_zpsaad53aee.jpg

I walked around for a bit, you could see the finish on the other side of the starting area.

IMG_1451_zpsac7f2149.jpg

Staging area DJ. He had so much energy and was really getting the crowd up and moving!

IMG_1455_zpsf090cf53.jpg

Start line from the other side

IMG_1458_zpsc60ae5e2.jpg

The best part of the 10k was the shear number of porta potties, I didn’t wait at all

IMG_1459_zpsd14dbdb5.jpg

I used the restroom, listened to the DJ for a bit and filled up my water bottle at the complementary water they had out. I was still a little sleepy so I decided to headed over and sit in my corral and relax a bit before the race started.

IMG_1461_zps6583027b.jpg

I was in A! The corrals were marked by these big “balloons” They did check bibs on your way into the corrals.

I sat down near the front of the corrals and waited

IMG_1463_zps62068053.jpg

IMG_1464_zps7aa04000.jpg

This guy really went for it costume wise

I was in the corral for a while but even 5mins before they moved us towards the start there was still room to move around a bit.

For me personally the only flaw in the morning was the time spent waiting around. Similar to any other large race I’ve run in you have to get there early but then you just sit around waiting to start.

15 mins prior to race start they started leading us up towards the start line. It was cool, Corral A was at the end farthest from the Start line so we walked by the other Corrals on our way to the start line and the energy and excitement coming from everyone was incredible!

IMG_1465_zps0ae14f56.jpg

Moving up towards the start! We stopped here for a bit and let stragglers continue to cross the course and get to the corrals on the other side for as long as possible.

IMG_1467_zps96be15b3.jpg

The lovely balloon ladies. These are Disney’s unofficial pacers, you must maintain a 16min/mile at RunDisney events so these lovely ladies start last and run 16min/miles, if you fall behind them you could be swept!

IMG_1470_zpsfcf2cdb1.jpg

Eventually they lead us right up to the start line!

Jeff Galloway came out to speak after the National Anthem and hopped in the Corral right after.

IMG_1471_zpsd69e3223.jpg

He’s the one dressed as Mickey!

The announcers were great dressed up as Elsa and Olaf.

IMG_1474_zps7dfbb77f.jpg

Here’s a little better picture

IMG_1475_zps838f836e.jpg

I’m not that fast so I probably shouldn’t have been so far up on the line but it was awesome to see these guys this close and I wasn’t in anyone’s way when we started so it was all good!

Finally the Fairy Godmother came out to Wish us Off!

IMG_1477_zpsdba8fb65.jpg

After a Bibbity Boppity Boo and a few Fireworks we were off!!

Enchanted 10k!!-Part 2

The first few steps of this race were surreal and magical. I couldn’t believe the time was finally here!

I went out way too fast but I just felt amazing, it was warm and my legs felt great!

1926863_724278772891_166515624_n_zpsa2499b32.jpg

Very soon into the race we were greeted by this amazing sight…

Elsa!

It was snowing and everything!

IMG_1478_zpsdeed6f27.jpg

It was seriously the coolest thing, I think I had chills

We headed out the Epcot gates right after Elsa and before I knew it I hit mile 1.

IMG_1479_zps8349b061.jpg

Yeah an 8:40 first mile was a little fast… oops

767769-1001-0009s-Copy_zpsfebd2fe9.jpg

I stopped for the first character stop of the race, the White Rabbit! There were only 2 people in line ahead of me!

Meeko was greeting just down the course from the White Rabbit but I didn’t stop. I wish I had now but I thought he’d be out the next day, plus I’m pretty sure Pocohantas was out too I just didn’t see her!

All well.

I stopped at a bank of porta porties sometime around mile 2. I should have gone again before the race but I was being lazy sitting in my corral. It was inconvenient but they did have a volunteer directing runners to the open ones, good job Disney!

IMG_1481_zpsdb65e803.jpg

Mile 2!

Next up for entertainment was a big video screen playing Mickey cartoons, I loved it!

A lot of people dislike this course because you run on roads for the first 3 miles and it can be boring but I loved it. I felt like I really got into my groove and I was loving watching the other runners!

IMG_1482_zps3044b1a8.jpg

We hit mile 3 and I knew we were finally going into Epcot soon!

IMG_1483_zps34f8d54b.jpg

Toy Soldiers were out in the Epcot backstage area but I didn’t stop for them. Their line was only 4 people deep but I was so excited to get to World Showcase so I kept going.

Finally I made it!

IMG_1486_zpsae949331.jpg

Running through World Showcase was the most magical/best thing ever. They had the background music cranked and all the torches were lit. It was AWESOME!

IMG_1487_zps9bdeadb4.jpg

I took this for my Mom

761305-1001-0035s_zps399fe143.jpg

Jimmy Cricket was meeting in Italy. I almost missed him, he had no line and he’s so short over there! Luckily I saw the marathonfoto photographer dressed in yellow so I stopped.

Mile 4 was right before the American Pavilion

IMG_1489_zpsc4980592.jpg

Still under 10 min miles with all the stops

767767-1002-0005s_zps20c0180c.jpg

Tiana, Naveen and Louis were out in America. I love this picture I think it really captures how much fun I was having. I think there were like 5 people ahead of me for this one.

The character attendants are fabulous taking pictures with your camera, at the popular spots they had two of them switching off to speed up the process, it was extremely well done!

IMG_1491_zps09f6e62f.jpg

I couldn’t help it but I ran so fast through WS, I felt like I was running on air or something, it was so much fun.

767765-1002-0001s-Copy_zpsc46aaa67.jpg

Marie was out in France with no line

IMG_1494_zpsee474112.jpg

Everything was so pretty!

I ran out the International gateway and headed towards the Boardwalk!

761308-1011-0013s_zpsb4f7ca0a.jpg

I think this photo was taken just outside of Epcot, it’s hard to tell its so dark
I was sad to be leaving Epcot but I love the Boardwalk area and my Mom was out there waiting for me!

I passed someone right before the Boardwalk blasting some not so PG music with no head phones, this was literally the only annoying runner I ran into the whole race. Like we are running through the most magical place on earth, let clean it up a bit! Or put headphones on geez.

761306-1003-0014s_zps8b7e6ac4.jpg

I found Sports Goofy right after that and I felt much more magical!

I also stopped for a sweaty hug from Mom right out in front of our room! I had to yell at her because of course she was looking the wrong way when I was running by, oh Mom she always misses me at races

I ran by a water stop near Jellyrolls and then we started looping around by the Swan and Dolphin and made our way towards the Yacht and Beach Club.

IMG_1498_zpsc7c52c1b.jpg

Soon I was already past mile 5. This was the first race I’ve run in that the mile markers were sad, it meant the race was closer to being over. Most of the time I can’t wait to finish.

IMG_1499_zpsf2d2ebc2.jpg

Boardwalk Selfie!

761309-1008-0038s_zpsb4af838d.jpg

The Princess Wave haha

IMG_1500_zps5842f4ac.jpg

Right before we turned back into Epcot they had these guys out. I was bummed Aladdin and Jasmine weren’t out in Morocco so I was happy to at least get a shot with Genie!

We headed back stage at Epcot again and came out by the Imagination Pavilion, the park was so quiet and beautiful!

761304-1002-0004s_zpsccd072e3.jpg

I stopped for Donald near Innoventions and then got ready to push it to the finish!

Enchanted 10k-Part 3!

757112-1025-0027s_zps95dc76e4.jpg

I honestly don’t even remember where we ran in Epcot. After emerging by Innoventions I’m pretty sure we ran by the fountain and by Spaceship earth

761325-1070-0027s-Copy_zps99d04d7d.jpg

Check out this gem

I wanted to finish strong but I was so sad it was almost over!

761314-1020-0031s_zpsb2fe0aae.jpg

761314-1020-0032s_zps7ab0f9ac.jpg

I can’t believe I’m sharing some of these pictures I look silly but seriously I was that happy!

761322-1018-0010s_zpsf8e4e7e0.jpg

761322-1018-0009s_zpsdbd9dd6c.jpg

761316-1009-0011s_zps690ddf4a.jpg

IMG_1503_zpsbd56fb96.jpg

Here’s another picture from Marathonfoto, I can’t tell where they were taken, anyone know?

757115-1010-0022s_zpsdffca104.jpg

Mile 6!

761323-1020-0022s_zpsc780b15a.jpg

I finished strong and crossed that fabulous finish line!

761323-1020-0023s_zps9f179061.jpg

757118-1012-0049s_zpsf04c9b30.jpg

Once you finished you are funneled down through the longest and most
organized finishers shoot ever.

We got our medals and water/powerade. I grabbed one of each.

757124-1004-0006s_zps5e8d50b3.jpg

I got my Glass Slipper Challenge wristband and posed for a finisher’s photo.

757121-1001-0027s_zps22bfef19.jpg

I continued funneling throw and picked up a banana and a snack box before walking through the bag check tent and out to the reunion area.

I took a minute to rehydrate and process the amazing race I’d just had before looking around the reunion area.

They had the Glass Slipper challenge board out that was missing at the expo.

IMG_1505_zpsc7089f24.jpg

IMG_1504_zpsc36b0ee1.jpg

They had 4 princesses at the finish line. Ariel and Belle were switching out and Rapunzel and Cinderella.

I jumped in the Ariel/Belle line because I knew I’d want to see Rapunzel the next day.

761302-1003-0042s_zpsee886e6e.jpg

I met Belle! I don’t remember much about her but she was lovely, I loved the dress!

The DJ was still playing and I would have stayed longer and gone back around to meet Ariel but I was honestly getting a little cold so I jumped on a waiting Boardwalk bus and headed back to the hotel.

IMG_1509_zps864e1d61.jpg

I had my Mom take a couple pictures back in the room and watched some more runners go by before jumping in the shower.

Overall I loved this race. I’m a 10k girl so I loved the distance. It was pretty flat and I thought it had plenty of entertainment. The character’s didn’t have long lines at all (but I was near the front of the pack) and the race ran like a well oiled machine.

Plenty of bathrooms, water/powerade at the finish and a well organized staging and reunion area.

Other than the kinda long wait after getting dropped off via bus everything went very smoothly for me. From the busses to race everything was very magical and exceeded my expectations.

If I do this race again next year I’ll take the 4am bus but other than that everything worked out great.

I ended up finishing in 1:02:44, not too shabby for 6 character stops!

Wow, that’s so cool that Jeff Galloway was there! And I love that he dressed up as Mickey. Your costume is adorable! :thumbsup2

I’m not sure I’ve seen that many portapotties all added together in my whole life, much less at once. :rotfl:

That Elsa setup is incredible.

I’ve only recently gotten started in running, but I would just love to run a Disney race someday, if only for the experience. The energy and atmosphere must be amazing.

I love the picture with Tiana, Naveen and Louis! I’ve never seen Louis before, or Sports Goofy. How cute! You look so happy in all the pictures. Great update!!!

Your Jasmine outfit looks AWESOME! Right down to the accessories and hair, you nailed it.

LOVE the Elsa and Olaf announcers!

So awesome that you got to meet Jiminy!

It's awesome how happy you look in all the race photos. You can tell you're having the time of your life!

WINTER SWEATER ON BELLE. WINTER. SWEATER. ON. BELLE. AHHHHHHH!!! I want to meet her! Unfortunately I usually go in the summer so that seems unlikely.

Your snow pics look like ours. I am so ready for spring.
That is bizarre someone dented your car with their body.
That is nice security lines.
I would be scared hearing “Is there a doctor onboard” but I would be more scared if I heard” is there a mechanic onboard”. LOL.
I would have taken the deal. I never get asked for something like that. I would definitely jump on it.
I thought all Disney resorts had lots of kids. LOl.
Great location for the room. Love that area.
Wishes in a building. LOl.
Nice rides you rode. Wishing I was there right now.
Love the pic of the entrance to NFL.
Sounds like a great night.
Oh the 50’s pool. The laundry room cracks me up when I see it. Don’t do laundry late at night is all I will say.
I might be doing the race next year. We shall see.
Nice pic you had taken for Instagram.
Too bad you didn’t get the shoes.
Nice loot you got from the expo.
I love on Spaceship Earth the burning smell. There was a fire today I think in Staten island but the wind was blowing the smoke and smell this way and it just reminded me of SE.
The margarita looked good.
I do not think I have ever seen them perform.
YUM! Chefs de France one of my faves. Love the mac n cheese and the escargot.
Funny how you got to the Hess station.
Nice outfit.
What a fun and fantastic time you had during the race. Congrats!!!!!

What a fun afternoon & evening at Epcot! Love all your pictures of the topiaries! Bummer that you only got to ride Soarin once this trip. Such a smart idea bringing the dolly to load up on necessities!

Yay race day! Your costume looks fabulous :thumbsup2

Elsa! How cool!

Love your picture with the White Rabbit, the cards in the background are such a nice touch.

Running through World Showcase really must've been magical!

You got pictures with so many wonderful characters, I love them all!

And I love that picture with Lumiere & Genie, that looks so cool.

You don't look silly at all, you look so happy, which you should've been! Such a wonderful accomplishment :goodvibes CONGRATS!

Glad your room location worked out - super great how close your mom would be able to be!

Fun evening at EPCOT - relaxing in World Showcase with an adult beverage has to be a top 4 thing in the world to do!

That has to be a really interested feeling to arrive before 4am and see everything set up and music going, etc. I could see a mixture of interest and excitement, but perhaps with a bit of creepiness thrown in :rotfl:

Love that Disney knows people will want pictures of certain things and have it organized.

That is also cool they have the "donation" box for unwanted clothes - makes total sense and turns an issue of "where do I put my stuff" into a positive.

Holy Porta Potty inventory Batman! That is a lot of movable johns!

Gotta love it - what other races are kicked off by the Fairy Godmother and have Elsa and snow!

That's awesome they had the torches lit. BTW - I assume the 16 min/mile you have to maintain includes time waiting to meet characters - so if you plan to do a bit of character meeting you really need to be faster than that, right?

That's bizarre with that running blasting non-PG music with no headphones. Even if it was PG - no one wants to hear your music ... put some headphones in!

well to be fair to you mom, it's not like you were dressed in a specific outfit that would stand out or anything ;)

BTW - how did the "Marathon photo" work? Did you have to keep track of where you were at what time or did they match it to a chip in your shoes?

Glad you enjoyed the race ... you certainly look happy in all the running photos!

(oh, and sorry about all the questions, just find it all very interesting and if there is ever anything that would get me running it is the prospect of running a race in Disney World :rotfl: )

Wonderful race report! Great costume!! That smile on your face (the whole time) amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter