DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

it's going to be a wait and expensive.. I would recommend walking to an epcot resort and bus hopping through Animal kingdom to get to your resort in a timely manor without your own car..

if you didn't know, AK closes about the same time as the party so there will be buses for over an hour after the party via AK to get to your resorts.
May we'll be worth using the new schedule a ride feature on Uber. Not sure how it works exactly but shouldn't be hard to figure out. I'd rather do that vs trying to transfer at AK so near to closing

May we'll be worth using the new schedule a ride feature on Uber. Not sure how it works exactly but shouldn't be hard to figure out. I'd rather do that vs trying to transfer at AK so near to closing
The schedule a ride only guarantees you a car. The rate you pay is whatever the going rate is at the time the ride is at.

OK. How have you guys been explaining where you are going to the muggles out there? I was getting a lot of puzzled looks because my story was too long. I've finally just saying, I'm going Disney fan convention.

I'm going to start using "Disney fan convention". Every time I try to explain it to people, I see this glazed look in their eyes. I'm glad I will get be with other Disney fans!

I'm going to start using "Disney fan convention". Every time I try to explain it to people, I see this glazed look in their eyes. I'm glad I will get be with other Disney fans!

I might need to start using this... I've noticed I also get glazed-over eyes or, occasionally, utter confusion in response. This would make the explanation much simpler.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that feature. I'll have to do a little bit of research.

Is there a DIS meet and greet every year? Or just because it's the 20th? We can't go this year, but would love to plan for it in the future!

Is there a DIS meet and greet every year? Or just because it's the 20th? We can't go this year, but would love to plan for it in the future!
Typically in years past they have an after hours party in December at one of the theme parks at Disney or Universal in odd numbered years called Disapoloza, which is not happening this year because of the big meet in May/June. Usually in even years there is a 7 night cruise around the same time. Nothing has been announced for 2018 yet.

Typically in years past they have an after hours party in December at one of the theme parks at Disney or Universal in odd numbered years called Disapoloza, which is not happening this year because of the big meet in May/June. Usually in even years there is a 7 night cruise around the same time. Nothing has been announced for 2018 yet.

Thank you!

I tell them that I am going to a private party in EPCoT, with a concert by the girl who is the voice of the little mermaid"... People usually get it

Last edited:
Anyone else waiting with baited breath on what the meet ups might be during the week? I haven't finalised tickets and fastpasses etc as I am hoping to make at least 1 meet up. Having never attended a meet up before, does anyone know if they are mostly inside or outside the parks? We are flying back on Sat early so won't be able to make John and Kevin's meet up unfortunately :worried:

Anyone else waiting with baited breath on what the meet ups might be during the week? I haven't finalised tickets and fastpasses etc as I am hoping to make at least 1 meet up. Having never attended a meet up before, does anyone know if they are mostly inside or outside the parks? We are flying back on Sat early so won't be able to make John and Kevin's meet up unfortunately :worried:

Based on the Megameet from last year - which I think these will have a similar structure - they had meet-ups both in and out of the parks

There were a couple in Disney springs - shopping and drinking events I believe - also there was something at the Poly one day

Then some in EPCOT (Vloging with Ryno, etc.) and there was a Connecting with Walt one in Magic Kingdom.

I would think there would be both - only one indicated so far is meeting Kevin and John in Magic Kingdom on the Saturday after the event.

Anyone else waiting with baited breath on what the meet ups might be during the week? I haven't finalised tickets and fastpasses etc as I am hoping to make at least 1 meet up.

Yes! Especially since they've posted Pandora videos. I admit my first reaction to Pandora was not positive. I've been slowly becoming more interested in it. Having seen the new videos, I'm ready to spend as much time as I can there. It looks amazing!

Yeah, I saw all (five?) of those videos go up and was like "crap, I can't watch these. I'll see it with my own eyes in a month!"

The temptation is real, though.
I can't stop watching because I can't believe how stunning everything looks.

I watched the overview videos knowing that it will be wall to wall people when we are there and I won't get to enjoy the little details that they can show us here. As they said in one of their tweets "we won't ever see it this empty again"

Oh, no doubt! I'll definitely watch the videos when my trip is over, or after my first AK day perhaps. But I'm one of those weirdos that still hasn't watched videos of the Shanghai Pirates ride on the outside chance I might get to experience it myself. Someday.

I get by doing OT for my job by watching Disney videos on YouTube. Makes me feel like I'm there until the next trip. I've watched all the Pandora videos which makes me even more excited for the end of this month!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter