DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Yeah, I'll admit, I'm not the most extroverted person and that's the aspect of the party I'm most nervous about. I would love to meet everyone from the podcast and get to talk to them some, but at the same time, I imagine people will be bothering them alot and they just want to have a good time too. Plus there's all the long-time people that they already know and I'm well... nobody. If I get to give them a handshake and a 'keep up the great work' that will be enough, but even if not... the rides that will be open, Illuminations, snacks and the concert will suffice. :)

This is also kind of my tendency... definitely more introverted and don't want to feel like I'm taking up someone's time. I just keep telling myself they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't want to meet us.

This is also kind of my tendency... definitely more introverted and don't want to feel like I'm taking up someone's time.

Definitely how I feel! Now, granted I had the pleasure of meeting most of the Disneyland team for their Southwest DIS meet in February. They were some of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met. Going into that weekend, I was a little unsure about meeting them since I tend to be more introverted around new people. But I had a wonderful time that weekend getting to know the Disneyland team. I have no doubt that the 20th Anniversary events will be just as much fun!

.... We normally come for 3 weeks in August ...

I am sure I will be totally star struck and too shy to speak to anyone but just being there will be incredible.

3 weeks in Florida?! That is most of my vacation time! How many weeks of vacation do you get each year?

You can talk to us regular folks if you are too shy to talk to the "stars" of the show... Just so you're know, they are normal people, ok, maybe not Pete and Ryno, but the rest are ;)

Last edited:
No one is "noboby" here. First time I met Kevin, I introduced myself as "somebody" (because he had repeated something I said on the boards but prefaced it with "somebody, I apologize for not remembering who. . .") But I digress.

You really shouldn't come all the way across the pond without saying something to them all. They are all friendly (even and especially John), interested in meeting listeners, and can't hit ya.
First time I met Kevin was at the New England DIS meet a couple of years ago. We had just checked in. He and John were getting on the elevator and we got in right behind them. I said, "Hi, I'm Steve" and Kevin said, "Are you disneysteve?"

Nobody here is a "nobody". The team is all wonderful, friendly, and involved. They read the boards. They read the emails and listen to the voicemails that people send in. They follow the chat. They want to meet you. As Kevin said, that's why they have these meets. I've said before, if you go to a "meet" and don't actually meet anyone, you're kinda sorta doing it wrong. :p

Yeah, I'll admit, I'm not the most extroverted person and that's the aspect of the party I'm most nervous about. I would love to meet everyone from the podcast and get to talk to them some, but at the same time, I imagine people will be bothering them alot and they just want to have a good time too. Plus there's all the long-time people that they already know and I'm well... nobody. If I get to give them a handshake and a 'keep up the great work' that will be enough, but even if not... the rides that will be open, Illuminations, snacks and the concert will suffice. :)

I want to meet you! I know I am not Pete, John or Kevin... But I will be there and love to talk and meet everyone.

I want to meet you! I know I am not Pete, John or Kevin... But I will be there and love to talk and meet everyone.

Teresa maybe I'll meet you this week. I'm heading to NSB tomorrow for a few days and we're planning on Kennedy Space Center Thursday ...do you know your hours? If I don't catch you, I'm sure I'll run into you at the 20th.

I thought this was really cool but I realized, we have no idea who you are. I googled "newmouse2008" and I was surprised when nothing came up. Also that pic looks strangely familiar yet almost animated. Who are you? And how would we ever know if we actually met you?

Update, I just read the other posts. Cant wait to meet you Teresa!

I thought this was really cool but I realized, we have no idea who you are. I googled "newmouse2008" and I was surprised when nothing came up. Also that pic looks strangely familiar yet almost animated. Who are you? And how would we ever know if we actually met you? I will be ecstatic to meet anyone from the show or other fans. Due to a head injury I sustained, the Dis Boards and the Dis Unplugged show has become a window to the outside world. An inspiration during a difficult time in my life. Im just so happy to have found this little community
As noted in her disboards signature, newmouse2008 is Teresa from the show.

I can't wait to meet the team. I have only seen and said hi to Craig. I saw several members of the team eating dinner once, but I was to nervous to go say hi. I also didn't want to interrupt. I figured this would be the best opportunity to meet the team, and I am excited to do so.

I also can't wait to meet several DISers who I see everyday on here!

I'm also super excited to try and meet people, although I don't steer much out of the Trip Report section of the board!

I'm just hoping we manage to mingle. My wife and I tried to do it in the past, attending events like Dapper Day, and then as we stood in the midst of the crowd, remembered how socially awkward we both are :laughing:

Of course, it was a different kind of crowd, so hopefully we'll push ourselves a bit further out of our comfort zone this time.

Also, I have to say, and I know it's been mentioned before, but I am still flabbergasted by the value of this event. It's really incredible. From the first, when Amber and I were discussing it, we couldn't quite believe it. Honestly, it's what, 10$ more than what people would pay for an IllumiNations dessert party? And we are *technically* getting an IllumiNations dessert party (sans free booze, but that's like, nothing), and then all those other incredible things on top of it.

Honestly, I'm so pumped that things worked out so great for us that this event turned up right in the middle of our first week of vacation :cool1:

Odd question what does Disney define as professional camera equipment?

Deciding which camera to bring that weekend.

Teresa maybe I'll meet you this week. I'm heading to NSB tomorrow for a few days and we're planning on Kennedy Space Center Thursday ...do you know your hours? If I don't catch you, I'm sure I'll run into you at the 20th.
I will be in the office Wed after 10, Thurs, 9 to 3 and Friday 9 to 3

Deciding which camera to bring that weekend.
Pretty much anything commercial like something a movie or TV production would use. Any personal camera and DSLR should be fine.

Disney actually doesn't define it any further than that. Its kind of a catchall for them to use if they think people are taking pictures for commercial purposes.

There are lots of DIS folks like @WebmasterMike and @WebmasterPete @WebmasterCorey who will be walking around with some serious camera equipment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter