DIS Dads Brag Wall

My Ds Kory was selected to be the Good Shepard Pediatrics All Star Kid at the IronPigs game on Wednesday night, August 31st. he will get to throw out a ceremonial first pitch and received four tickets an a IronPigs goodie bag. So if there are any DisDads in the Lehigh Valley area(cough cough Zerfs), this might be a chance for a DisDads meet. IronPigs tickets are really cheap and it is a great park if you havent been there yet.

DS got a blue ribbon for his extracted honey entry at state fair and took 4th in the state in his age class for his country ham speech at the fair. First time he has ever even entered. :thumbsup2

I'll add one as well. My oldest dd (9) is now down to 2 activities - dance and basketball. As for dance, she has been asked to be the student leader/assistant in a dance class now for the 3rd time. This is a real honor, as they usually only pick the apprentice company team members which have to be 11 to join. She is paid $7 per class, which throws that whole "earn your chore money" at home right out the window.

My DD (6) recently earned her yellow belt. She is a few months behind her older brother.

The thing that really made me proud was, in the class before she took her test, they were practicing their forms. The teacher watch using this to determine if they were ready to test. When the teacher asked who wants to go next, my DD drew in a nervous breath and threw her hand up. She then got up and did her form. Knowing that she was nervous/scared, yet she still had the courage to do what she needed to do. That makes me proudest.

My Ds Kory was selected to be the Good Shepard Pediatrics All Star Kid at the IronPigs game on Wednesday night, August 31st. he will get to throw out a ceremonial first pitch and received four tickets an a IronPigs goodie bag. So if there are any DisDads in the Lehigh Valley area(cough cough Zerfs), this might be a chance for a DisDads meet. IronPigs tickets are really cheap and it is a great park if you havent been there yet.

That's pretty cool! I love taking my son to minor league games. Its much more intimate than the big ballparks.

Great posts guys! Not sure who is prouder, kids or dads.

That's very cool. One of my kids had the chance to do this once for our AA Birmingham Barons a couple of years ago... that was a great night.

So, a little moment from yesterday to brag about.

DS13 is in eighth grade, and is gearing up for baseball tryouts. He and I were pitching in the back yard last night, when he brought up that they have started doing weights at school (P.E.). He had me guess what he maxed out on at the bench, and since I could tell he was proud, I figured it would be around his bodyweight. Keep in mind, this kid has a wiry build, and has done zero weight training, really... just some squats and such for pitching.

He weighs about 107... his max was 135. His coach was very impressed; needless to say, so was I.

I cautioned him about not working out with weight that heavy, to be doing reps of sets that he could manage and such, and he did let meknow that the coach was preaching that, too. Still, a cool thing.

Gotta brag on my boys. DS8 plays left guard and blocked his man all day. His guy never made a tackle! DS9 had three TD's and a forced fumble. It was a good day at our house!

Just wanted to post a pic of my DS throwing out the first pitch at the LV IronPigs game last night. Perfect one-hopper to the mascot at the plate. HAHA

kory_pitch.jpg

After throwing out the pitch he got to stand at home plate with the umpires while the managers exchanged line-up cards. My son shook the hand of a hall-of-famer last night. Ryne Sandberg is the IronPigs manager.

So it was definitely a cool night.

My son earned his "Life" rank in scouts last night. Could have his Eagle in 6 months. Has 2 merit badges to finish and his Eagle project. Very proud of that kid. I never had Scouts as a kid so Im living it through him. Its a tough thing to get but well worth it!

My son earned his "Life" rank in scouts last night. Could have his Eagle in 6 months. Has 2 merit badges to finish and his Eagle project. Very proud of that kid. I never had Scouts as a kid so Im living it through him. Its a tough thing to get but well worth it!

Congrats Mark! Life rank is where I stopped because I got a little too interested in this thing called "girls". :thumbsup2

Congrats Mark! Life rank is where I stopped because I got a little too interested in this thing called "girls". :thumbsup2

Thats what they say, 75% of "Life"ers stop till they are 17 and almost miss getting thier Eagle becuase of stupid girls!! :rotfl:

Congrats to your son Mark. Enjoy the time and relish every memory! They only happen once!

Good Morning Gents - My DD Kaylee made a very big girl decision last year to donate her hair to Locks of Love. Her hair was just short last September, and she has waited all year. There is a local event that benefits the American Cancer Society. The event happens ever labor Day for the last 13 years. Kaylee volunteered at the event last year and wanted to do something more. She knows she has no money to donate, and thought this was a great way to help.

forum.jpg

She was the first person to ever donate her hair during the event and they are hoping it starts a trend. Each Pigtail was 12" long.

Just another moment that makes me soooo proud.

Good Morning Gents - My DD Kaylee made a very big girl decision last year to donate her hair to Locks of Love. Her hair was just short last September, and she has waited all year. There is a local event that benefits the American Cancer Society. The event happens ever labor Day for the last 13 years. Kaylee volunteered at the event last year and wanted to do something more. She knows she has no money to donate, and thought this was a great way to help.

forum.jpg

She was the first person to ever donate her hair during the event and they are hoping it starts a trend. Each Pigtail was 12" long.

Definitely something to brag about.

forum.jpg

That is so great! My oldest donated her hair to LoL and she was so happy afterwards. It's really an awesome cause to support.

forum.jpg

Awesome and no apology necessary, brag all you want. We should be our kids biggest cheerleaders. Great kid you got there and someone will be blessed by her donation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter