DIS Dads - Gaming Thread

Thinking of getting myself a game thing as a post Christmas gift. The question is which one? See myself using it for solo/dual play. Probably not going on line. Games I would be interested are sports' games (football, baseball, etc.) and shoot em ups.

So, what should I buy and what are some good games to look at based om my interests.

Thinking of getting myself a game thing as a post Christmas gift. The question is which one? See myself using it for solo/dual play. Probably not going on line. Games I would be interested are sports' games (football, baseball, etc.) and shoot em ups.

So, what should I buy and what are some good games to look at based om my interests.

I always enjoed the Xbox. I am considering getting one. The Madden and NCAA Football for it are awesome!

I Vote Xbox 360 + Kinects.

Never could get used to the PS2-3 controllers...Left Analog Stick is in the wrong place.

As far a games...I lean toward the Family Style game...Lego primarily...Also have Disney Universe...and Hope to get Disneyland Adventures for the Kinects for Christmas...can't wait to explore DL...not really interested in the "games"...just want to tour the park.

DS11 loves the Madden 'YY NFL games...and NBA 2kYY...he likes MArio Slugger for the Wii for baseball.

Only Shooters we have or allow are Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2...which were for the original Xbox....requires a Hard-drive and software add-on to work with the 360.

I am going to have to disagree with trennr. I think the Playstation is a better format. (imo) It seems to have a better selection of games, graphics seem better (but that can vary with your tv). Of course there are the youtube videos of games you can view to help decide. And there is the "instore reasearch" (at least that is what i call it) where you play the systems at the store. (i do this a lot:rolleyes1) One other thing is, should you ever decide to play online (and i don't know how restricted you are) playstation has a free access online network and then you can upgrade to i don't know what because i am not on it yet, where from what i have heard xbox network you have to pay to play. So this probably didn't help you any and just brought up more things to look into.

It sounds like my step-mom is going to buy my boys a Xbox 360 for christmas so if this is true then A) I am going to be buying a lot of used games because two new systems with new game costing 40-60 each just isn't going to happen, B) I will be able to test both and work on a better review. But i favor PS as of right now.

COD junkie here.....

my XBL tag is dadioIII

see ya'll online!

SO, you playing COD:MW3?

My XBL is BigTex1971

I have a list of gamertags on another thread, but maybe we could/should combine these two threads? I didn't realize we already had this older thread when I started the other one. :eek:

SO, you playing COD:MW3?

My XBL is BigTex1971

I have a list of gamertags on another thread, but maybe we could/should combine these two threads? I didn't realize we already had this older thread when I started the other one. :eek:

I just found the other one. Don't know how i missed it. Looks like more dads are xbox-ers than psn-ers

Whats up guys?

Let's see...
Xbox360
Wii
Kinect (under the Christmas tree...cannot wait)

Speaking of the Kinect...has anyone played Disneyland? I just bought it and that too will be going under the tree. I'm sure my kids (6 1/2, almost 4) will love it. I'm also guessing Santa will be bringing me MW3...can't wait!

Whats up guys?

Let's see...
Xbox360
Wii
Kinect (under the Christmas tree...cannot wait)

Speaking of the Kinect...has anyone played Disneyland? I just bought it and that too will be going under the tree. I'm sure my kids (6 1/2, almost 4) will love it. I'm also guessing Santa will be bringing me MW3...can't wait!

Watched a play thru on "Inside the Magic"...the Host said the game is worth it just to explore the park...as far as the games within the game...he wasn't over impressed with them...

I hope this game is under my tree for me. :thumbsup2

Lego Batman 2 is coming out this summer, and we'll be able to play as other DC characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern!

Hopefully I'll be done playing Batman: Arkham City by that time. But I doubt it.

TL

Lego Batman 2 is coming out this summer, and we'll be able to play as other DC characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern!

Hopefully I'll be done playing Batman: Arkham Asylum by that time. But I doubt it.

TL

Don't you mean Arkham City?

Of course, because that's what I said! I don't know why you would go an change it in your quote, because that's what I had written all along!

TL

Hahaha! Nice. I especially like the reason for your "edit."

I can't tear myself away from MW3 to even play Disneyland Adventures. That game is like crack.

I keep getting my buttocks handed to me on the Spec Ops mission to rescue the presidents daughter. Anyone have a few tips for that op?

Matt

Anyone out there play Batman: Arkham City? I'm having trouble with the "Identity Thief" side mission. It's started, but hasn't gone anywhere. Do the next parts show up on the map like the first one, or do I need to seek them out like the Mystery Watcher?

TL

Anyone out there play Batman: Arkham City? I'm having trouble with the "Identity Thief" side mission. It's started, but hasn't gone anywhere. Do the next parts show up on the map like the first one, or do I need to seek them out like the Mystery Watcher?

TL

I figured it out, you just have to keep searching for the next parts. Got to be real lucky to stumble across them if you don't know where they are....

TL

I just found out the house is all mine this weekend... I think I will play MW3 in my boxers ALL WEEKEND LONG! :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter