DIS Dads - Gaming Thread

I think I'm getting robbed. I got 4 e-mails from Microsoft today telling me about the 8000 microsoft points I purchased today. That totals $125. Those points aren't in my account, nor are the 1600 that were already in there. Fraudulent charges. I just cancelled the credit card and now I have to deal with Microsoft next.

I think I'm getting robbed. I got 4 e-mails from Microsoft today telling me about the 8000 microsoft points I purchased today. That totals $125. Those points aren't in my account, nor are the 1600 that were already in there. Fraudulent charges. I just cancelled the credit card and now I have to deal with Microsoft next.

Ugh! You may also want to change the password on your Live account, just in case.

TL

Ugh! You may also want to change the password on your Live account, just in case.

TL

They've "frozen" my XBL account. If I want to play, I need to create a new XBL account (now I have to think up a new gamertag). They'll send me a code to redeem that will allow me to play for a month while they do their investigation. What a drag...

They've "frozen" my XBL account. If I want to play, I need to create a new XBL account (now I have to think up a new gamertag). They'll send me a code to redeem that will allow me to play for a month while they do their investigation. What a drag...

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, they find out what happened and get it resolved in a timely manner.

Ugh. You know, you can just create an offline account for the interim. Save the code for when you get your old account back....

TL

Well that was fast. I got an e-mail this morning saying that the investigation is complete. I think that means I can use my old GT, but I'll call microsoft to confirm. I've already changed my Windows Live password so I think that should take care of it. The best news is that it appears my XBOX account was hacked and not my credit card account. I know the CC is linked to the XBOX account, but it feels better knowing that this knucklehead could only buy microsoft points. Plus the fine folks at Chase aren't going to hold those charges against me. Long story short- a new password and new CC# and I should be ok. Oh- and I got my 1600 points back. They also gave me several codes to redeem for my trouble. I think I'll wind up getting two free months out of this.

Well that was fast. I got an e-mail this morning saying that the investigation is complete. I think that means I can use my old GT, but I'll call microsoft to confirm. I've already changed my Windows Live password so I think that should take care of it. The best news is that it appears my XBOX account was hacked and not my credit card account. I know the CC is linked to the XBOX account, but it feels better knowing that this knucklehead could only buy microsoft points. Plus the fine folks at Chase aren't going to hold those charges against me. Long story short- a new password and new CC# and I should be ok. Oh- and I got my 1600 points back. They also gave me several codes to redeem for my trouble. I think I'll wind up getting two free months out of this.

Glad to hear that it was resolved so quickly and with little to no real damage was done! :goodvibes

TL

Ok guys, we just had Christmas with my dad (i know that was two months ago), and as we thought they bought the boys a Xbox 360. Now I know nothing about the Xbox or xbox live. I have been a PS guy. So how does the whole online thing work and what do you guys all do? :confused3 Would love to be able to join you all in Black ops or MW3 soon. Looks like there is a fee involved and not sure if the wife will let me open that door yet.

Ok guys, we just had Christmas with my dad (i know that was two months ago), and as we thought they bought the boys a Xbox 360. Now I know nothing about the Xbox or xbox live. I have been a PS guy. So how does the whole online thing work and what do you guys all do? :confused3 Would love to be able to join you all in Black ops or MW3 soon. Looks like there is a fee involved and not sure if the wife will let me open that door yet.

Quite a few games come with a free trial of Xbox Live Gold, some for a couple days, some for a month. You could also subscribe for a month or a year. Also, sometimes there are special deals where a month or year subscription will be discounted.

I just found out the house is all mine this weekend... I think I will play MW3 in my boxers ALL WEEKEND LONG! :3dglasses

thats my kind of weekend!

For us:

Xbox 360 w/ Kinect
Wii w/ Board
Nintendo 64
DS x4

I am an RPg fan myself. Currently involved in Epic mickey, Zelda Twilight Princess, and Fable 3. I enjoy first person shooters but I am not that good at them.

Well got all excited about hooking up the xbox. Had it all hooked up. connected to the internet and my computer. Then it wanted to update. so I let it do that. Then it locked up, and then.......................................

RED CIRCLE OF DEATH:scared1:
red-ring-of-death-04.jpg

Talked to my brother last night. He was the one that purchased it from Gamestop. He said it might be able to go back. He would call them and check this morning. So we will see if we have a paperweight or not.

Well got all excited about hooking up the xbox. Had it all hooked up. connected to the internet and my computer. Then it wanted to update. so I let it do that. Then it locked up, and then.......................................

RED CIRCLE OF DEATH:scared1:
red-ring-of-death-04.jpg

Talked to my brother last night. He was the one that purchased it from Gamestop. He said it might be able to go back. He would call them and check this morning. So we will see if we have a paperweight or not.

Did anything show up on your screen when that happened? Did it say "E68"? If so, I can talk you through how to fix it.

nothing. Just locked up. Now nothing comes up on the screen at all.
Stupid updates.:mad:

Did anything show up on your screen when that happened? Did it say "E68"? If so, I can talk you through how to fix it.

Being it did it during an update, is it possible that the update half installed and now needs to be reset again some how. :confused3

Being it did it during an update, is it possible that the update half installed and now needs to be reset again some how. :confused3

Not sure about that. But if you just got it from Gamestop, I imagine they'll have to take care of you (although I know nothing of their return policies). In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to try this:
Turn off xbox
remove the hard drive.
blow in to the hard drive to remove dust.
gently tap the hard drive on something. gently.
put hard drive back on to the unit.
Turn machine back on.

That's pretty much how you fix the E68 error. Sounds ridiculously simple, but it's worked for me. There are youtube videos that show you how to troubleshoot different RROD problems. I've had to do that twice. It's a whole lot easier than negotiating a repair with Microsoft.

Not sure about that. But if you just got it from Gamestop, I imagine they'll have to take care of you (although I know nothing of their return policies). In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to try this:
Turn off xbox
remove the hard drive.
blow in to the hard drive to remove dust.
gently tap the hard drive on something. gently.
put hard drive back on to the unit.
Turn machine back on.

That's pretty much how you fix the E68 error. Sounds ridiculously simple, but it's worked for me. There are youtube videos that show you how to troubleshoot different RROD problems. I've had to do that twice. It's a whole lot easier than negotiating a repair with Microsoft.

No dice. Did the sync thing to get the code and get a 0020 code. when you shake it it sounds like something is loose. So sounds to me like the common solder ring of death deal.:headache:

Well I have to say my wife is the best. She exchanged the xbox today. the manager was awesome and said she was supposed too have a Microsoft controller not a gamestop one. So we now have a wireless control. Plus she bought a second control.

Now I would have been happy with that but then she shocked me. She bought the kinect and that came with two games. She bought the Disneyland game and put a hold on the kinect Starwars game that comes out in April.

AWESOME:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well I have to say my wife is the best. She exchanged the xbox today. the manager was awesome and said she was supposed too have a Microsoft controller not a gamestop one. So we now have a wireless control. Plus she bought a second control.

Now I would have been happy with that but then she shocked me. She bought the kinect and that came with two games. She bought the Disneyland game and put a hold on the kinect Starwars game that comes out in April.

AWESOME:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wow! Is it your birthday? I'm almost afraid to ask, but does it work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter