DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

As you are creating your packing list, might I suggest some (ahem...) travel toilet paper/tissues and hand sanatizer. Evidently these items aren't always readily available. I inderstand ABD has a bag of items the guides carry, but it might be a good idea to have some necessities with you.
When we travelled to Japan, we were advised to carry our own travel toilet paper, toilet seat covers, hand sanitizer, and carry pocket handkerchiefs to wipe your hands. Even in modern Tokyo, sinks, hand soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels were not provided in many of the public washrooms. I have to think the same is true in some parts of China.

Country Kitchen update: All confirmed for 24 - now at 3 tables! I asked about their noodles and duck since that is what most of the tripadvisor reviews recommend. Below you can see her suggestions. I'd modify this and say at most 1 duck per table. There will be plenty of food. If no one speaks up with interest, I'll just order 1 duck and @Sarabi's Cubs , the 4 of us can sit together and share. It sounds like they can still accommodate more guests, so let me know if I don't have you on the list already.

"Yeah, ours duck and noodles are very famous ,if 24 people now, we can arrange three round tables for you in public area(2 tables-9 people/table,1 table 6 people) and usually 4 people to share one duck, so maybe
you need order 4-5 Peking ducks; The noodles guest usually pick a noodle with a sauce for one person as a main, all the noodles is fresh do for you when after pick up all the dishes, I recommend the pulled noodle
with Braised Pork, Chilli Oil if you like spicy.
That's all my said .
If you need any other assistance, please let us know."

Edit:
I found these videos that could be helpful. Some of it is actually pretty funny.

How to Eat Peking Duck - Stop Eating it Wrong - Episode 47

The Right Way to Order and Eat Dim Sum - Stop Doing it Wrong, Episode 39

Last edited:
Country Kitchen update: All confirmed for 24 - now at 3 tables! I asked about their noodles and duck since that is what most of the tripadvisor reviews recommend. Below you can see her suggestions. I'd modify this and say at most 1 duck per table. There will be plenty of food. If no one speaks up with interest, I'll just order 1 duck and @Sarabi's Cubs , the 4 of us can sit together and share. It sounds like they can still accommodate more guests, so let me know if I don't have you on the list already.

"Yeah, ours duck and noodles are very famous ,if 24 people now, we can arrange three round tables for you in public area(2 tables-9 people/table,1 table 6 people) and usually 4 people to share one duck, so maybe
you need order 4-5 Peking ducks; The noodles guest usually pick a noodle with a sauce for one person as a main, all the noodles is fresh do for you when after pick up all the dishes, I recommend the pulled noodle
with Braised Pork, Chilli Oil if you like spicy.
That's all my said .
If you need any other assistance, please let us know."

Thank you for coordinating this, Kevin. I would definitely like to have duck - so long as it doesn't come to the table with a little sailor hat on its head.

Frank and I got our Visas today. That's a relief! LA Consulate opened at 9am and we were out by 9:30, same amount of time as when we dropped off the applications on Thursday. If you have the ability, I would say to go to a Consulate. They were very efficient and helpful. Also, we just used standard Passport photos (2x2inch) and cut them down to the Chinese requirement. They were accepted, no problem. I'm so happy that's done!

Everyone who has done Visas through CBIT: When Michael spoke with them today, they asked if we were with a tour group, cruise, etc. When he answered we were with ABD, they said "Oh, that's not noted. You get a discount." So call or email and make sure they note that in your file so you get the discount.

Kevin, I'll check with Michael tonight about the duck and let you know. Thank you so much for organizing it all!

Add this to my list of possibly silly questions, but the online Chinese consulate visa application form asks for you to list your education (including start and end dates, to the day). I honestly can't remember when I did my degree. How complete were you all when filling out this section? Did you just list the latest?

One more question...where did you all include Hong Kong in the list of places you've been previous to China? It wasn't in the drop-down list on the visa application website.

Add this to my list of possibly silly questions, but the online Chinese consulate visa application form asks for you to list your education (including start and end dates, to the day). I honestly can't remember when I did my degree. How complete were you all when filling out this section? Did you just list the latest?
Do you mean section 1.16? We didn't put dates on that portion. I just checked "college". I didn't see an area for dates and the consulate accepted without any.

One more question...where did you all include Hong Kong in the list of places you've been previous to China? It wasn't in the drop-down list on the visa application website.

I put Hong Kong down as the first stop in China. I wondered if they'd be okay with that and they were. I filled it out as if Hong Kong were another city in China and matched the information to the ABD itinerary notice. They accepted that.

Do you mean section 1.16? We didn't put dates on that portion. I just checked "college". I didn't see an area for dates and the consulate accepted without any.
My online form has fields for institution name, address, date started, date completed, thing accomplished (degree, certificate, etc), and major. So it sounds like our forms are different.

I put Hong Kong down as the first stop in China. I wondered if they'd be okay with that and they were. I filled it out as if Hong Kong were another city in China and matched the information to the ABD itinerary notice. They accepted that.
That's where I was thinking of adding it. Thanks!

My online form has fields for institution name, address, date started, date completed, thing accomplished (degree, certificate, etc), and major. So it sounds like our forms are different.

I'm not surprised the forms are different. We found some of the websites had ones that were harder to read. Then, we had troubles finding a PDF form and computer that would show all the text when our answers went long (like addresses). Our home desktop and laptop kept cutting off text. Frank finally had to drive to work at night to fill the forms out there. So weird. They don't make it easy, do they? :) :) :)

I wonder if the difference is that it's specifically under the Los Angeles section of the website. Different regions have different requirements? Or they don't think Angelinos will remember our education? LOL

This is what our's looked like. (hope you can see the screenshot). http://losangeles.china-consulate.org/eng/visa/forms/P020130831026095240145.pdf

Education was a check box. Then under was Employer/School. It took me a second to realize that if you're employed it's your employer address. If you are a student it's the school's address. I agree with you, I'd have had NO idea the actual start and end dates of college. .....it was sooooo long ago.

upload_2017-8-22_16-4-29.png

My form only asked for highest level of education, not dates.

I didn't put HK in the list of cities visited, although I did accidentally include the dates in HK for our total time in China. Got my visa's yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter