Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Nice pics LegoMom, Halloween and Christmas are my favorite times. We're heading there in November for the DVC event.

Nice pics LegoMom, Halloween and Christmas are my favorite times. We're heading there in November for the DVC event.

Nice! I'm currently planning to head back the week after Thanksgiving with one or both sons. Also spending the night this time. I'm excited to see it in all its Christmas glory!

Nice! I'm currently planning to head back the week after Thanksgiving with one or both sons. Also spending the night this time. I'm excited to see it in all its Christmas glory!

You'll love the decoration, but the crowds can be pretty bad. I'm not looking forward to that part. We're only going for 2 nights then heading down to San Diego for another 2 nights.

I've been researching Disneyland Paris for the first part of my retirement trip.

You'll love the decoration, but the crowds can be pretty bad. I'm not looking forward to that part. We're only going for 2 nights then heading down to San Diego for another 2 nights.

I've been researching Disneyland Paris for the first part of my retirement trip.

Yeah, according to some other forums I've been on, these fall crowds are a fairly new thing (as in there is no more "off season"). I couldn't believe my Wed. earlier this month. Crazy. The time I've picked to go is pretty much the lowest crowd level I can find (and it's not saying "ghost town"....); Thanksgiving week is nuts and they seem to creep right back up again in early December. I just want to go, see the decorations, do what I can, and call it done until sometime later in January!!

:wave:

Hello Fogies. Hope everyone is well. It's been frantic at my end of the world this year and I can't believe how time has just flown.

DS is sitting year 11 exams soon and then there is only one more year of school to go.
Otherwise, life just goes on here.

...we went to the F&WF las Saturday and last Monday.....Saturday was craziness, but Monday the crowds were more manageable....

Today is a French Lunch at Monsieur Paul, probably followed by a nap and then maybe exploring Disney Springs.
....I cannot get over the changes at DTD....errrr, I mean Disney Springs.....not a fan of a centrally-located bus depot. They should have one at each end....

....I cannot get over the changes at DTD....errrr, I mean Disney Springs.....not a fan of a centrally-located bus depot. They should have one at each end....

There's not much about it that I liked. Hate the bus stop, like you said. It is heck and GONE from the Rainforest Cafe/Earl of Sandwich end!!

Hello Fogies. Hope everyone is well. It's been frantic at my end of the world this year and I can't believe how time has just flown.

Welcome back! Missed you 'round these parts!

...we went to the F&WF las Saturday and last Monday.....Saturday was craziness, but Monday the crowds were more manageable....

That's why we avoid F&W on weekends. We have our own crazy story for Monday at F&W, but that will be for the TR. :rolleyes1

Yeah, not a fan either....I liked the bus depots at both ends, bit if they didn't make you walk through all the pointless high end shops, then they might not get any business. I still go right past them!

WFDT? I have no idea? We just got home last night and it will probably have to come from the freezer.

@franandaj , can't wait for the TR! :thumbsup2

I did notice last year the strategic placement of the froo-froo shops to the buses.... Oy. Other than going to the big Harley place with DH, we spent most of our time in the "old section", around Earl and WoD and the Lego Store. Which is probably why I love the Anaheim DTD so much!!

WFDT? I have no idea? We just got home last night and it will probably have to come from the freezer.

Thus old fogie is losing it! I thought I was posting on the What's For Dinner thread! Although I have figured out what's for dinner since posting this morning !

@franandaj , can't wait for the TR! :thumbsup2

I did notice last year the strategic placement of the froo-froo shops to the buses.... Oy. Other than going to the big Harley place with DH, we spent most of our time in the "old section", around Earl and WoD and the Lego Store. Which is probably why I love the Anaheim DTD so much!!

Yeah we only went there to eat and buy a dress at the dress shop in rhe co-op. I have no use for any of that overpriced trendy crap!

DTD is much more cool with real Disney stuff and fun places to eat.

Lazy Sunday here.

:wave:

DS is sitting year 11 exams soon and then there is only one more year of school to go.
Otherwise, life just goes on here.

Wow time has flown, I can't believe your DS is almost done with school. My oldest niece graduates in May, then off to college.

In case any of the fogies are interested I started my Trip Report yesterday....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-scooter-strikes-back-a-f-w-2017-trip-report.3645423/

Welcome back I hope all was well at home while you were away.

Heading down your way for the Disneyland Moonlight event. In all our planning for the Azores I realized I haven't made any dining reservations for next week's DL trip, that's a first for me. Good thing it's just DH and I so we can just wing it.

Welcome back I hope all was well at home while you were away.

Heading down your way for the Disneyland Moonlight event. In all our planning for the Azores I realized I haven't made any dining reservations for next week's DL trip, that's a first for me. Good thing it's just DH and I so we can just wing it.

You shouldn't have a problem, if you need them, you can always make them the day before, but it's like most places you can just do a walk up, it's not nearly like WDW!

Morning Fogies! I've got a busy week ahead of me (transitioning into another job here at camp) so may not be around too much! (figures....right after I get sucked into a TR! :teeth:)

Hope everyone is well!

I got up this morning and booked our Paris DL stay for August.:woohoo::woohoo: The ultimate retirement trip is coming together nicely.

Hi Fogies! Not much going on here. I caught up on all our eBay sales over the weekend, next up is to catch up on the mail, bills, and banking.

That's why we avoid F&W on weekends. We have our own crazy story for Monday at F&W, but that will be for the TR. :rolleyes1

Yeah, not a fan either....I liked the bus depots at both ends, bit if they didn't make you walk through all the pointless high end shops, then they might not get any business. I still go right past them!...
....TR? What's THAT? :rolleyes1

....I walk right past them too......that area is really pretty, but NOT DISNEY-ish AT ALL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter