• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

That's the correct email address.

I just went back through all of my emails to June 1st and I don't have any that I have not replied to. If you send me yours again I will do my best to reply.

Again - the contract I have states last day to book rooms is 06/21/2016.

As far as I know no more rooms can be booked under our group space. We have had it open for months and been announcing when it will close for a long time - I would hope that everyone who wanted a room would have done so by now.

Hi John - I've resent the messages. I wasn't able to make travel plans months in advance and I did try to get the correct information about when the contract ended, so I could take advantage of the discounted rooms.

UPDATE IN ORIGINAL POST

The schedule has been modified to include location and time for credential distribution and Silent Auction.

This info will also be emailed to all attendees. It may take a few hours for everyone to receive the email based on the size of the distribution list.

If you don't receive the email by tomorrow morning (Friday 6/24/2016) you can email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will resend it.

received the email @ 9:54 am cst. thanks John
I was able to rearrange my fast passes for a later time on the 22nd. everything worked out just fine.

Last edited:
Got mine at 10:53AM. I made all of our plans the moment our windows opened. Better to have all you want, and change them. Rather than waiting, and not getting what you want. Funny enough all of our plans worked out thus far. Can't wait! 28 Days and Counting! Can't get here soon enough :)!

I'm curious to what exactly "room block" means. Will all those who booked through the DIS mega meet deal be placed in the same area of the resort? Or does the "room block" just refer to a certain number of rooms blocked for a specific discount and you could be placed anywhere within the resort?
Just wondering, I always request the 50s section when I stay at the POP.
I know it's a silly question but I don't know so why not ask.

UPDATE IN ORIGINAL POST

The schedule has been modified to include location and time for credential distribution and Silent Auction.

Okay, talk to me like I'm a real simpleton. :rotfl: I see the silent auction ends Sunday at 3 and winners will be announced after. Does that mean that we have to be there Sunday afternoon if we win/plan to win?

Okay, talk to me like I'm a real simpleton. :rotfl: I see the silent auction ends Sunday at 3 and winners will be announced after. Does that mean that we have to be there Sunday afternoon if we win/plan to win?

Ok....so I was wondering the same thing. Also, when we originally signed up, our plans were only to attend the live show on Mon. and take advantage of the amazing rate we got for the CR. :goodvibes Now that the "credentials" aren't being mailed out I'm assuming the only way we can attend the show on Mon. is to "register" at the hours posted over the weekend, correct? While the silent auction sounds interesting, I'm going to have to make some changes to ADR and FP+ plans to find time to make our way over to the Boardwalk.

I'm curious to what exactly "room block" means. Will all those who booked through the DIS mega meet deal be placed in the same area of the resort? Or does the "room block" just refer to a certain number of rooms blocked for a specific discount and you could be placed anywhere within the resort?
Just wondering, I always request the 50s section when I stay at the POP.
I know it's a silly question but I don't know so why not ask

The 'block' refers to the number of rooms we reserved at each hotel - it has nothing to do with location in the resort.

These rooms are considered 'run of house' and can be anywhere - but if you call the number you used to book originally they will add a note as to location preference.

It will be a request and not a guarantee.

Although, you do not need to be present to win, you will need to make arrangements to pay for what you have won. We will be there after 3 for you to pick up your item and pay.

I've asked Teresa to come to this thread and answer this as she and Kathy are in charge of the Silent Auction.

However I can say that based on past silent auctions that some of the more popular items can have some frantic bidding right up until the end, so if you want something badly and you don't want to be outbid being there up until the last second would be to your advantage.

The 'block' refers to the number of rooms we reserved at each hotel - it has nothing to do with location in the resort.

These rooms are considered 'run of house' and can be anywhere - but if you call the number you used to book originally they will add a note as to location preference.

It will be a request and not a guarantee.
thanks

If all goes right I can land in Tampa, get my rental car, pick up my daughter's friend at the Tampa Amtrak station, drive to the Boardwalk Convention Center by 230, but if one small thing does not go as planned I might not make it by 3pm on Sunday. Will somebody still be hanging around after 3 so that I can pick up my credentials and make a donation?
Thanks in advance
Stacey

If all goes right I can land in Tampa, get my rental car, pick up my daughter's friend at the Tampa Amtrak station, drive to the Boardwalk Convention Center by 230, but if one small thing does not go as planned I might not make it by 3pm on Sunday. Will somebody still be hanging around after 3 so that I can pick up my credentials and make a donation?

Bidding on silent auction items will end at 3Pm on Sunday - no bids will be accepted after 3PM.

Teresa and Kathy will be there after 3PM to collect the money for the items won and hand out the items to the winners.

I can't say for sure how long this will take or what exact time they will leave - they will leave when they are done.

I also cannot promise that credentials will be available after 3PM.

Bidding on silent auction items will end at 3Pm on Sunday - no bids will be accepted after 3PM.

Teresa and Kathy will be there after 3PM to collect the money for the items won and hand out the items to the winners.

I can't say for sure how long this will take or what exact time they will leave - they will leave when they are done.

I also cannot promise that credentials will be available after 3PM.
Would there be another way to get my credentials?

I am curious, for those of you that are staying at The Contemporary, what does your My Disney Experience say your room will be? I asked for 1 thing, and it says something else, I realize, the rooms can be anywhere in that resort.... But it bothers me they show the cheapest accommodation in the app.... And I will be flying in Friday and leaving Tuesday, I am glad I can get my credentials on Saturday! And I plan to be in EPCoT Saturday, so that works out :). Oh, and a single meet up sounds interesting ;). I don't know about the monorail hunt, seems like it would be too hot for something like that, but, who knows, maybe my daily use of my Florida Simulator will help me "beat the heat"?

I don't know about the monorail hunt, seems like it would be too hot for something like that
I was figuring it would involve searching for clues at the monorail resorts. I guess some of that might be outdoors but a lot could be indoors. I'm just guessing since I'm not involved in the planning at all but hopefully the team took the local weather into account when designing the hunt.

I am curious, for those of you that are staying at The Contemporary, what does your My Disney Experience say your room will be?

Mine says Garden Wing - Standard View. At the time of the reservation I made no room request. Though, if we are in the garden wing I would prefer the ground floor for the patio area. We will also be there 7/22-7/26.

Mine says Garden Wing - Standard View.

As does mine.

There can't be all that many standard view rooms, however.

CRStandardView12007.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter