Disappointed with Terminal C Plaza "Premium" Lounge

tony67

DIS Veteran
So I have been flying in and out of MCO for years.

I get free lounge access with several of my credit cards - the cards are not cheap but the lounge access is a great benefit.

I have used it in numerous airports all over Europe and the US - the usually have a small selection of alcohols that you can make your own drinks - usually name brand stuff as well as one or two local beers. Food is usually basic meats chesses small sandwiches etc..

I have also been to the Chase lounge in Boston and its over the top - you can order food and drinks from the app and its good quality stuff.

The best thing about these lounges is its a good quiet area and much more conformable than the main terminal

The lounge in the old terminal at MCO has always been really good - good selection of drinks and basic food - nothing special but a good lounge.
Its never been so busy I could not get a table and the staff was always really good.

I was looking forward to the new lounge in Terminal C and boy was I disappointed.
Getting in not an issue - as I understand it they don't even try to limit people
It was busy but I was able to get a table - many were not so lucky. There was lots of room in the family area so whey were able to go there.

The food in the lounge is really bad - I saw one review say it was prison food - yeah its that bad.
When flying bland food is probably the way to go - not rice and some sort of Chinese style chicken dish that looked like there was no chicken in it.

For the drinks they have several choices in each category - but only one of the most off brand of each category was included - all others were an extra fee. Same for the beers and wine.
The staff also has a bad attitude when you order the comp stuff - In same cases folks have already paid $40 to get in - I saw many complains on line about this.
In other cases people have paid 1000s for business or first class on BA or Aer Lingus and now they have to pay for drinks in the "first class" lounge.

Same for the food - there are items you can order - but again all for a fee. It's very reasonable but again we have already paid for access and now you want to charge me more when every lounge in the world does not?

Oh and the showers - that is also a charge when its included everywhere else.

Anyway avoid the terminal C lounge its not worth the fees. Even for free I am not sure Id bother in future - its that bad.

Wondering if other folks have tried and and what they think. I have attached the menus here - but keep in mind you are basically paying $40 per person to get in.

Attachments

• PXL_20231030_172215973.jpg
    PXL_20231030_172215973.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20231030_172226075.jpg
    PXL_20231030_172226075.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20231030_172516052.jpg
    PXL_20231030_172516052.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 54
Do that many guests pay $40? I wonder how much the credit companies pay per visit?

Isn't the lounge run by a third party? What you paid for business airfare is irrelevant. Maybe the airline should pay the lounge a higher fee for business class pax and include premium drinks. Not going to happen.

I wonder if high airport rent is one reason offerings are limited.

Edited to add Thank you for your observations. I don't mean to shoot the messenger

I was in Terminal C a few days ago -- not the lounge. I found the terminal to be clean and uncrowded. I know people have different reasons for wanting to go into a lounge, but if it's just to get away from the crowds which are typical in the other terminals at MCO, I don't think you need the lounge to do that in Terminal C.

(You don't need to tell me all of the other reasons people want to go into a lounge.)

It looks fairly typical for an older US Lounge (sad since it’s new, but Plaza is new to US which has notoriously crappy lounges so that’s their competition they targeted I guess). Reminds me of non-remodeled legacy carrier lounges or The Club although The Club doesn’t try to charge for food (but what they have is barely edible). As for wine Canyon is one I have seen as house wines before elsewhere.

Terminal C is fairly new so perhaps it doesn't yet have enough traffic compared to other locations? One of my credit cards gives me lounge access so have used them in various cities, mostly when on business travel. I think the snob factor is a big reason these places are popular. So you get to sit on some fancier furniture in a semi-private area or eat a few free snacks/beverages.......LOL. I laugh when they put out some new snacks, various people descend on it like vultures eating their last meal.

I would NEVER pay to use those lounges. Seem to recall reading that one of the airlines is making changes to their program since too many people qualify and if the place isn't large enough to hold everyone, they obviously have to change something.

Do that many guests pay $40? I wonder how much the credit companies pay per visit?

Isn't the lounge run by a third party? What you paid for business airfare is irrelevant. Maybe the airline should pay the lounge a higher fee for business class pax and include premium drinks. Not going to happen.

I wonder if high airport rent is one reason offerings are limited.

Edited to add Thank you for your observations. I don't mean to shoot the messenger
NP - I was mostly posting to vent and to warn others as people buy the access passes in advance and then getting a refund is a PITA - but many are doing just that from what I saw on trip advisor. If you are used to going to the Club in the other terminal this is just not as good.

Hopefully they will see all the negative feedback and react, but between all the Airlines that have no other option for their lounge and whatever they get from priority pass I don't think it will change.

I am somewhat surprised people actually pay in, but at many Airports its worth while - especially if you have a few hours between flights.

As others said Terminal C is very nice and was pretty quiet - but that will depend on time of day Id assume it gets very busy in the late afternoon when I think a lot of the international flights go out.

Many folks recommend the brewpub over the lounge - a much better way to spend your $40.
BTW - I saw someone mention they paid $53 each at the club - so $106 - yeah much better off to go to OCB Brewery.

It's really unfortunate that Chase or Amex did not put a lounge in Terminal C seems like a missed opportunity at a new and modern terminal but maybe they did not want to deal with the theme park crowd and families IDK.
After going to the Chase lounge in Boston all others don't compare - but the are $75 in if you don't have access. Its probably worth it if you have 2-3 hours to kill - they let you order food and drinks from your table via the app and everything if made fresh to order. All name brand stuff as well and some very creative drinks - they use volcanic salt for the margarita for example.. Yeah there were minor issues like food could be hotter - probable sat before the staff delivered it - but it was way better than the breakfast I had at the airport restaurant in Boston - wish I had waited for the lounge but I did not know what to expect.

This is the basic Airport breakfast in Boston - it was like $30. Potatoes were bad and I told the waiter and he said yeah they are off...I mean really and you still severed it and you expect a tip?
PXL_20231018_124046236.jpg

This is what you get in the Chase lounge - all small plates and fresh made.
PXL_20231018_131041304.jpg

PXL_20231018_132321513.jpg

PXL_20231018_142022441.jpg

So after that it made the lounge in MCO look even worse. Same Priority Pass access for free but a totally different experience.

I should have got some photos at MCO but could not be bothered

As others said Terminal C is very nice and was pretty quiet - but that will depend on time of day Id assume it gets very busy in the late afternoon when I think a lot of the international flights go out.

There were two different hallways with gates at Terminal C:
Gates C230-238
Gates C240-C245

I didn't pay much attention, but it seemed like 230-238 was JetBlue domestic flights, and 240-245 was international flights.

I was in the 230-238 hallway, which was pretty quiet.

Honestly I don’t mind the idea of al a carte and upgrade charges if that helps reduce wastefulness and keeps overall cost more in line with how much we partake.

At $40 plus al a carte fees for lackluster offerings? Maybe not. If we used our Capital One Venture for complimentary access and paid $20 each for a glass of decent wine, burger or chicken sandwich, with a side… maybe okay compared to ordering a more costly but not necessarily better meal in the terminal amid the hustle and bustle. I’m not sure how much the shower cost. I’d pay $5 if well kept. Sometimes that shower is heaven during travel!

Honestly I don’t mind the idea of al a carte and upgrade charges if that helps reduce wastefulness and keeps overall cost more in line with how much we partake.

At $40 plus al a carte fees for lackluster offerings? Maybe not. If we used our Capital One Venture for complimentary access and paid $20 each for a glass of decent wine, burger or chicken sandwich, with a side… maybe okay compared to ordering a more costly but not necessarily better meal in the terminal amid the hustle and bustle. I’m not sure how much the shower cost. I’d pay $5 if well kept. Sometimes that shower is heaven during travel!
Agreed - its $15 though for the shower BTW.
I would probably never need that at MCO, but Id hate to see them start running more lounges and adding this same model. From what I understand they run several in Europe, but I guess just not the ones I have been to.

The paid Priority Pass is $329 annual membership fee covers 10 free visits to Priority Pass lounges - after that you pay 35 per visit. Not sure how many actually do that but from what I understand they do sell a lot of these to businesses - probably in bulk at a discount.

I also agree on the offerings but id like to see it more of a nominal fee and no tipping expected (In general you don't tip at Airport lounges but I don't mind leaving a few dollars - I just done want to see it expected on the receipt) - its not really complimentary if you are paying hundred of dollars for the card and the CC company is paying some amount to the lounge.
Do need to keep in mind many people are paying the fee to get in and they really cant treat PP different than paid.
If they are only going to have one complimentary item in each category at least make it something drinkable - its 90% off brand stuff I've never heard of and honesty its below well quality.

The food offerings are priced fairly, and did look good, but according to the reviews its awful - one person said maybe they don't even have a kitchen and its microwavable stuff.

Ive heard they get around $20 per person per visit but that seems high to me - Im sure its some sort of flat fee to access the networks lounges. Priority Pass is run by an Insurance Company so I am sure they have it all worked out.

That said they also have deal with some restaurants and you get a $28 credit per person - I hope they add this to MCO. (Note Amex Priority pass does not have access to restaurants) Id assume they are paying the restaurant about $20 for this IDK - but I have heard $24 which seems ridiculously high.

The lounge is also getting reimbursed by the airlines for their first class and business class folks and of course they pay a ridiculous amount for those seats and should expect more.

I did a little more research and it seams that this company had a disagreement with Priority Pass and removed them for a year or two.

They then brought it back as they found they needed the priority pass money, but they then greatly reduced the quality of everything. This may explain how they ended up in terminal C - they used to be much better and by the time the terminal opened it was not the same company.

BTW - I may be a bit more annoyed by this than most as I only got the Chase reserve for better lounge access than the Amex card provides. PP from Amex and Chase (and Capital One) is very different. The Amex one is getting worse and worse unless you have access to an Amex Centurion Lounge so Ill be re-evaluating the Amex cards I have

Last edited:
Is this the lounge in your discussion?
20231104_115018.jpg

Agreed the food is not great. At this point we're just coming for the cleaner bathrooms and a quieter place to read.

Agreed - its $15 though for the shower BTW.
I would probably never need that at MCO, but Id hate to see them start running more lounges and adding this same model. From what I understand they run several in Europe, but I guess just not the ones I have been to.

The paid Priority Pass is $329 annual membership fee covers 10 free visits to Priority Pass lounges - after that you pay 35 per visit. Not sure how many actually do that but from what I understand they do sell a lot of these to businesses - probably in bulk at a discount.
You seem awfully upset for someone that isn't paying to use it. I'll go point by point with you though, although the best advice may just be, don't use if you don't think you're getting your money's worth from it.
I also agree on the offerings but id like to see it more of a nominal fee and no tipping expected (In general you don't tip at Airport lounges but I don't mind leaving a few dollars - I just done want to see it expected on the receipt) - its not really complimentary if you are paying hundred of dollars for the card and the CC company is paying some amount to the lounge.
Do need to keep in mind many people are paying the fee to get in and they really cant treat PP different than paid.
If they are only going to have one complimentary item in each category at least make it something drinkable - its 90% off brand stuff I've never heard of and honesty its below well quality.
It's still a US service industry and tipping will be expected. I've never been to a lounge in any airport anywhere in the country that did not have a tip cup at the bar. Not very many people carry cash on them anymore, probably even fewer when a large portion of the customers are foreign pleasure visitors. What you are paying for the card is irrelevant to the company operating the lounge. You do realize it's the same at United Clubs, SkyClubs and Admirals' Clubs everywhere, you get the well stuff for free and pay for anything higher?
The food offerings are priced fairly, and did look good, but according to the reviews its awful - one person said maybe they don't even have a kitchen and its microwavable stuff.
So you're going to base your entire opinion and review off someone else's review?

Ive heard they get around $20 per person per visit but that seems high to me - Im sure its some sort of flat fee to access the networks lounges. Priority Pass is run by an Insurance Company so I am sure they have it all worked out.
Why would that seem high to you? If they offered it for anyone to come in for a $20 cover and had free beer, well drinks and snacks, it would be insanely popular. That's one of the reasons if you can find a lounge with a daily fee it's $60 or more.
That said they also have deal with some restaurants and you get a $28 credit per person - I hope they add this to MCO. (Note Amex Priority pass does not have access to restaurants) Id assume they are paying the restaurant about $20 for this IDK - but I have heard $24 which seems ridiculously high.
Some priority pass memberships offer food at restaurants in certain airports as well. Timberline at DEN probably being the best of these. Why would paying $24 for a $28 credit seem "ridiculously high?" These are the reasons why it will probably never come to MCO. No reason for a restaurant to offer a 12% discount.
The lounge is also getting reimbursed by the airlines for their first class and business class folks and of course they pay a ridiculous amount for those seats and should expect more.
They should expect more from the airline they're paying for those seats to. Most are probably happy to have any lounge access at all.
I did a little more research and it seams that this company had a disagreement with Priority Pass and removed them for a year or two.

They then brought it back as they found they needed the priority pass money, but they then greatly reduced the quality of everything. This may explain how they ended up in terminal C - they used to be much better and by the time the terminal opened it was not the same company.
They ended up at Terminal C because there were no other options. The Club didn't want to expand, none of the major US airlines fly out of Term C and none of the foreign airlines get enough high value travelers through MCO to make it worthwhile for them.

BTW - I may be a bit more annoyed by this than most as I only got the Chase reserve for better lounge access than the Amex card provides. PP from Amex and Chase (and Capital One) is very different. The Amex one is getting worse and worse unless you have access to an Amex Centurion Lounge so Ill be re-evaluating the Amex cards I have
If you only got the CSR for better lounge access it wasn't a well researched decision. Other than the 20 Priority Pass restaurants, Chase club at BOS and HKG, the AMEX Plat is a better choice. You get all of the PP lounges, DL SkyClubs if flying on SkyTeam and Centurion Lounges.

For the benefit of posters reading this thread...There are several "levels" of airport lounges:

1. Airlines have branded lounges. They are designed for their elite passengers and for passengers flying business class or first class. Liquor and food tend to be pretty good, in some cases "restaurant" quality. Years ago I fly BA Business Class from JFK to LHR. It was worth getting to the airport early and having a relaxing meal at the lounge.
  2. Credit Card Companies operate some branded lounges. Originally American Express. Capital One and Chase have started to operate lounges. Designed for high value credit card customers. Offerings are similar to airlines.
  3. Third party Lounges. Club has 2 locations at MCO. They are operated by the same corporation which owns Priority Pass. Basic liquor and some food offerings. JMO but not worth paying $40-$50. Many of us have priority pass a benefit of our credit card. It's a decent place to sit down, have a soda, Bloody Mary, beer and a snack (or light meal) The lounge wants to offer something of value to their priority pass customers.
  4. Lower end third party lounges. I didn't know they existed until I saw this thread. They appear to offer a minimum level and quality of included amenities. It doesn't sound horrible, if you're club fee is covered by priority pass but a BAD deal if you paid full retail for admission to the lounge.
Sometimes all you need is a place to sit, charge your devices, have use of a clean bathroom and get a drink and some snacks. Well worth it if the benefit is included with your credit card or other perk. Maybe not worth it if you're paying a per visit fee.

You seem awfully upset for someone that isn't paying to use it. I'll go point by point with you though, although the best advice may just be, don't use if you don't think you're getting your money's worth from it.
I agree with all your points.
The OP was venting and warning potential customers. The lounge looks OK, not great, if you're using something like priority pass.

I just went to the website. $69.18 for a 3 hour visit November 15. I think pax paying that are likely to expect a lot more then what appears to being offered (as per OP)

f you only got the CSR for better lounge access it wasn't a well researched decision. Other than the 20 Priority Pass restaurants, Chase club at BOS and HKG, the AMEX Plat is a better choice. You get all of the PP lounges, DL SkyClubs if flying on SkyTeam and Centurion Lounges.
I have Amex Plat but I fly through Boston quite a bit - PP only gets you into the Chase Lounge once per year.
Amex also cut out the restaurant offerings a year or so ago - and that is useful in Boston.

Amex Plat gets you into the Club in Boston which is a basic lounge that is still better than the one in MCO.
There are a couple of others but I don't fly Delta and dont want to head over to Terminal E (The Airlines I fly to Europe on fly out of terminal C ) so not of value and I don't fly though anywhere with a Centurion lounge so also not of value.

Fair enough on some of your other points - but I don't look at it as free since I pay a fair amount for several Amex cards that include PP and had to add Chase Reserve to get into the Chase Sapphire Lounge more than once per year per membership - so yes I did do the research and Amex is making lots of cuts to all its lounge related stuff so I will be getting rid of at least one of the Amex cards.

As for tipping yeah I always leave a tip as I said previously - but tipping in not expected but appreciated at most of the lounges I've been to - and I can tell you many don't tip at all.

As I said the main reason for posting was so people were aware it was nothing like any other lounge I've experienced.

Wanted to post my updated experience for those that might be interested.

I've not been back to the lounge in terminal C for quite a while since it does not open till 7 and my flights are usually 6AM

On this trip I had a 9AM flight so decided to give it another try.

To be clear - I get in "Free", but if you don't it's $50+ per person (52 or 54 I don't recall)
At 7AM there is a line waiting to get in.

They don't open earlier as they only have to open at 7AM to meet the contract - with more airlines moving to Terminal C that might change. I think they Said Delta and United, but both may have their own lounges so it might be more about changing with competition - staff was not clear on that part of it.

The food at breakfast was actually not too bad at all if you get in for "free"

Scrambled eggs with and without cheese - did not seem to be powdered
PXL_20240306_122316874.jpg

Diced ham and potatoes - both were good
PXL_20240306_122319997.jpg

Chicken Sausage and port sausage patties - Id skip the chicken - the pork was a bit bland, but fine
PXL_20240306_122323129.jpg

There was various bread type items - but really no pastry at all - which seems ridiculous IMO

PXL_20240306_122335092.jpg
PXL_20240306_122340387.jpg
PXL_20240306_122350892.jpg

In addition they have a super automatic expresso machine that makes all the various coffees you want - somewhat a standard thing in most lounges

As for the alcohol - not much has changed for the good. They still offer one "brand" per category for free. One change is there is now an upgrade fee if you want a margarita with the complimentary Tequila - so $5 for a bit of pre made bottled margarita mix - its not even fresh lime. I asked how do you explain that to Aer Lingus business class passengers? Well that is what the contract requires - they meet the contract. They just have to offer one brand per category. She also tells them to buy the better tequila as there is no upcharge for the margarita with the "top shelf" tequila. There was also talk of things changing if other airlines come in with their own lounges, but again they were not specific on that - and I am not sure how it might change anything. Maybe Aer Lingus and British Air would switch to the Delta or United lounges or this lounge would need to up its game to compete, IDK.

I did not see any other food for sale at breakfast, probably because what they put out is fine.

I still prefer the lounge in Terminal B even if this lounge has a decent breakfast, but since I only fly Terminal C airlines I am stuck with it.

I can see no way I would ever pay the $54 in and then pay for better drinks and tip on top of that, but for "free" I'd go back in and tip, but I would not get a later flight just to take advantage of the lounge like I might in Boston.

Wanted to post my updated experience for those that might be interested.

I've not been back to the lounge in terminal C for quite a while since it does not open till 7 and my flights are usually 6AM

On this trip I had a 9AM flight so decided to give it another try.

To be clear - I get in "Free", but if you don't it's $50+ per person (52 or 54 I don't recall)
At 7AM there is a line waiting to get in.

They don't open earlier as they only have to open at 7AM to meet the contract - with more airlines moving to Terminal C that might change. I think they Said Delta and United, but both may have their own lounges so it might be more about changing with competition - staff was not clear on that part of it.

The food at breakfast was actually not too bad at all if you get in for "free"

Scrambled eggs with and without cheese - did not seem to be powdered
View attachment 840650

Diced ham and potatoes - both were good
View attachment 840651

Chicken Sausage and port sausage patties - Id skip the chicken - the pork was a bit bland, but fine
View attachment 840652

There was various bread type items - but really no pastry at all - which seems ridiculous IMO

View attachment 840653
View attachment 840654
View attachment 840655

In addition they have a super automatic expresso machine that makes all the various coffees you want - somewhat a standard thing in most lounges

As for the alcohol - not much has changed for the good. They still offer one "brand" per category for free. One change is there is now an upgrade fee if you want a margarita with the complimentary Tequila - so $5 for a bit of pre made bottled margarita mix - its not even fresh lime. I asked how do you explain that to Aer Lingus business class passengers? Well that is what the contract requires - they meet the contract. They just have to offer one brand per category. She also tells them to buy the better tequila as there is no upcharge for the margarita with the "top shelf" tequila. There was also talk of things changing if other airlines come in with their own lounges, but again they were not specific on that - and I am not sure how it might change anything. Maybe Aer Lingus and British Air would switch to the Delta or United lounges or this lounge would need to up its game to compete, IDK.

I did not see any other food for sale at breakfast, probably because what they put out is fine.

I still prefer the lounge in Terminal B even if this lounge has a decent breakfast, but since I only fly Terminal C airlines I am stuck with it.

I can see no way I would ever pay the $54 in and then pay for better drinks and tip on top of that, but for "free" I'd go back in and tip, but I would not get a later flight just to take advantage of the lounge like I might in Boston.
Delta will not put a SkyClub and United will not put a UnitedClub or Polaris Lounge in Terminal C unless they move the majority of their operations there. I could see BA putting a club there, or maybe one of the alliances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter