Discussion/support regarding "Next Level" by Simms & Yeager

I am hot most of the time now. Oddly, it seems to be worse when it's cold out and not so bad in the heat.
This is fantastic news, because I've only noticed it this winter and I was beginning to worry what the summer would be like. I hope I follow your pattern and the summer is not so bad.

I’m still cold most of the time thanks to autoimmune disease, but add me to the list for hot flashes feeling so much worse when the temps are lower! They’ve been especially bad the last few nights.

One change I have noticed lately is that I am running hot. Not just hot flashes, but I'm just warmer all the time.
I've definitely noticed this, too. Kind of came up on me gradually the last 6 months or so.
I’m still cold most of the time thanks to autoimmune disease,
And despite what I said above...yes. I assume it's my Raynaud's, too. I'm still colder than "normal" people, but warmer than I used to be. I used to wear a cardigan over my long-sleeve shirt at home (while my husband wears short sleeves) but now sometimes I don't need the cardigan. Small things!

Wow, I have been having a week. It has been very busy at work and a number of problems have developed. I usually handle this ok. But I assume my hormones must also be having a party because I have been all over the place. I feel like I want to throw a chair through a window or break into tears, and it's a toss-up about which way things are going to go at any moment. And all the slow drivers are driving me #^%@@^& crazy, more than usual.

Just thought I'd share.:confused3

Wow, I have been having a week. It has been very busy at work and a number of problems have developed. I usually handle this ok. But I assume my hormones must also be having a party because I have been all over the place. I feel like I want to throw a chair through a window or break into tears, and it's a toss-up about which way things are going to go at any moment. And all the slow drivers are driving me #^%@@^& crazy, more than usual.

Hi @avondale YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! Felt like you need to hear that today. :flower3: Hang in there.

For me, I’ve figured out that every time I’ve tried adding estrogen (via Rx gel or natural cream), it helps my joint pain a treat, but makes me extra-super ragey. Like, on many a day, I cold have written exactly what you just did. So I see you, I hear you, and I truly understand! All I keep reading is that balanced hormones is the answer… but how in heck do you balance your hormones when your body is producing them in varying amounts on the daily?! :confused3

I feel like the appropriate suggestion is something about taking deep breaths, meditate, focus on the positives, blah blah blah, but what actually works best for me is listening to loud, angry music and screaming in my car. :rotfl2:

I felt like this every month for 4-5 days for the last 2 years. And then I got a PMDD diagnosis in May, and take zoloft one week per month. Mine might not be peri, but it might be? Because I wasn't always like this.

Courage to all of us
Yes, we are not alone, thank you for this thread:grouphug:

Now, as a runner who sees cars flying by and not doing their stops… It is ok to feel enraged, I totally get it and feel it, but, please, let stay prudent being the wheel, maybe doubly careful when in a terrible mood or distracted. I would hate to live with a terrible consequence of a bad hormone day.

Courage to all of us
Yes, we are not alone, thank you for this thread:grouphug:

Now, as a runner who sees cars flying by and not doing their stops… It is ok to feel enraged, I totally get it and feel it, but, please, let stay prudent being the wheel, maybe doubly careful when in a terrible mood or distracted. I would hate to live with a terrible consequence of a bad hormone day.
Agreed, and I should clarify: my car is parked, not moving, whilst screaming into the void. Because it’s the only place I can do it.

Thanks, everyone!

screaming in my car
Oh, yes, been there. (To clarify my anger at slow drivers: on the interstate, mostly. There are multiple lanes for a reason!)

Fortunately after 2 - 3 days like that, I seem to be moving past it. But if that recurs, I may have to explore if there are options. I'm really trying to be intentional about not accepting that "it's just the way things are". I have a concierge doctor membership, which at least means they are willing to listen and explore more options for things.

Unfortunately, I got my first shingles vaccination yesterday (Friday), and I seem to be one of the 17% of people (according to the CDC) that have grade-3 side effects: bad headache, nasal congestion, muscle soreness, swelling/pain at the injection site. I woke up today (Saturday) with all of this and thought I'd picked up covid, but the test was negative, and the symptoms match perfectly with the vaccine side-effects. Fun. (To be clear: much better than getting shingles. But still.) My mother is like: strange, I didn't have any side effects. 🙄 Supposed to last only a few days.

Oh boy. I have a short cruise over Easter and once I get back I need to get my shingles vaccine. Thanks for the info on side effects. I hope I don’t get any. Hope you feel better soon.

Ugh, sorry you got hit so hard @avondale Thankfully I just had a sore arm and a bit of fatigue for a day or so after mine. Like you said, definitely better than shingles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter