DisDads Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the Mouse of Pain (Chris) for winning the Playoff Pick'em.

Congrats to the Duckburg Ducks (Me) for winning the Playoff Survivor.

Congrats to the Mouse of Pain (Chris) for winning the Playoff Pick'em.

Congrats to the Duckburg Ducks (Me) for winning the Playoff Survivor.

Congrats to both. I took the yahoo pick em league. I'll have to take a run at the MFL pick em next year.

I am in the process of setting up our 2012 League...but want to get a few things squared away first.

1] Voting for Keeper is far too close for me and since it was suggested so late in the season...I don't think that for this years transition that we will do the keeper...and I have 4-5 guys I really wanted to KEEP. :mad:

2] I think there was enough interest in making this league a Keeper...SO from here on... We will be a Keeper (3 players...any position...only 1 per position)...based on rules to be posted in the Bylaws (not there yet)

3] IF you currently have a Team...but DO NOT want to participate in 2012...I have a few guys that wanted in but couldn't because we ran out of spots. So let me know by PM.

4] IF you were NOT in our 2011 League but want to Join send me a PM. This league can handle more teams...but I want to fill non-returning teams first...then open up another division if needed (Name Suggestion...Pluto).

5] ACTIVE particiapation is what I want for this league...had a couple of guys "fall asleep" on us last season which really Peanut Buttered me off...as I didn't have rules in place to handle this...which peanut buttered me off at myself...but I never had people do that before. (I will have a rule in place for this.)

6a] I'm going to move our Waiver request process to be on Tuesday Nights instead of Wednesday Night...gives us longer FCFS window for those Thurday Games.

6b] Will also keep FCFS waiver open until player X's game starts...
6c] Starters will not lock until their games start.

(6b& 6c worked wrong last year because of a wrong setting on my part.)

7] Looking into multiple Match-ups for each week...including Intra and Extra Divisional games. (so everyone can play everyone)

8] I will Ban anyone from drafting Peyton Manning #1 overall :lmao:

9] Draft will be random serpintine slow E-mail draft just like last season...Drafts after this will be based on final of previous season...and trades per Keeper Rules.

10] Will have previous starters carry over to the next week.
Comments...input welcome?

I am in the process of setting up our 2012 League...but want to get a few things squared away first.

1] Voting for Keeper is far too close for me and since it was suggested so late in the season...I don't think that for this years transition that we will do the keeper...and I have 4-5 guys I really wanted to KEEP. :mad:

2] I think there was enough interest in making this league a Keeper...SO from here on... We will be a Keeper (3 players...any position...only 1 per position)...based on rules to be posted in the Bylaws (not there yet)

3] IF you currently have a Team...but DO NOT want to participate in 2012...I have a few guys that wanted in but couldn't because we ran out of spots. So let me know by PM.

4] IF you were NOT in our 2011 League but want to Join send me a PM. This league can handle more teams...but I want to fill non-returning teams first...then open up another division if needed (Name Suggestion...Pluto).

5] ACTIVE particiapation is what I want for this league...had a couple of guys "fall asleep" on us last season which really Peanut Buttered me off...as I didn't have rules in place to handle this...which peanut buttered me off at myself...but I never had people do that before. (I will have a rule in place for this.)

6a] I'm going to move our Waiver request process to be on Tuesday Nights instead of Wednesday Night...gives us longer FCFS window for those Thurday Games.

7] Looking into multiple Match-ups for each week...including Intra and Extra Divisional games. (so everyone can play everyone)

9] Draft will be random serpintine slow E-mail draft just like last season...Drafts after this will be based on final of previous season...and trades per Keeper Rules.

Comments...input welcome?

Nate,

Thanks for managing this for us. I really appreciate the efforts that you put into this.

As for Rule #8, I think we should encourge this type of activity, including adding the following players:

Terrell Owens
Brett Farve
Vinny Testaverde (we all know he's coming back again sometime)

:laughing:

I like the Tuesday waiver rules and the keepers as well. I had some I would have liked to kept this year, but understand your position on it.

I think the entry fee should be mandatory. If you still want to pay for it and have dads contribute to GKTW charity (which I thought was really cool - bravo, sir), then that is fine. But, it should be pay to play. With 30 teams, intra-divisional, multiple tournaments ... you ain't getting that on yahoo. Did we play all the teams in our division once last year? If not, I would like to see that.

Should we institute an extra voluntary $5 contribution for payout prizes? Thus, if you win the league and didn't contribute $5, then money just stays put until next season. If there were 30 teams and half contributed for prize consideration, then that would be $75. Maybe $50 for first, $20 for 2nd, and $5 for 3rd, or winner take all, or whatever even rounding % of proceeds. Or, a prize for winning each division and case prize for overall Dole Cup Champion. Let's not make it too complicated - no money for in season transactions or trades - just optional pay in and pay out at end of season.

I am willing to still run a free league over on Yahoo for Dads if we don't have enough for even teams or the entry fee is a barrier.

Thanks for running the league. It was a lot of fun and you did a great job as commish, despite some bumps in the road as we were learning the system. I'm already looking forward to next season.

:headache: :headache: And that's part of the reason I traded to get Newton.

This is a very good change. :thumbsup2

Please don't. I encourage someone to take him #1. In fact, let's make that a triple dog dare. Do it again David!!!!

I like the Tuesday waiver rules and the keepers as well. I had some I would have liked to kept this year, but understand your position on it.

I think the entry fee should be mandatory. If you still want to pay for it and have dads contribute to GKTW charity (which I thought was really cool - bravo, sir), then that is fine. But, it should be pay to play. With 30 teams, intra-divisional, multiple tournaments ... you ain't getting that on yahoo. Did we play all the teams in our division once last year? If not, I would like to see that.

Should we institute an extra voluntary $5 contribution for payout prizes? Thus, if you win the league and didn't contribute $5, then money just stays put until next season. If there were 30 teams and half contributed for prize consideration, then that would be $75. Maybe $50 for first, $20 for 2nd, and $5 for 3rd, or winner take all, or whatever even rounding % of proceeds. Or, a prize for winning each division and case prize for overall Dole Cup Champion. Let's not make it too complicated - no money for in season transactions or trades - just optional pay in and pay out at end of season.

I am willing to still run a free league over on Yahoo for Dads if we don't have enough for even teams or the entry fee is a barrier.

Keepers...
Trust me I REALLY wanted to keep a bunch of my guys. But I think the voting is like 12-8 for it 10 non-votes either because they didn't care...or didn't see it??? The guys on the NO side with some pretty good points...though I think my trade rules would balance out most of it. This is probably the right way to do it...Keeper from the start...might change draft stratagy a little vs. pure redraft.

Costs...
Well the MFL Deluxe leagues (the function that allows same players across multiple divisions) cost $140...last year due to us being new...tranfering from Yahoo...and I emailed the sales department as to what I was planning as far as a donation entry fee...they knocked down the price to $45...this year after some negotiations... it's $60...I'm going to cover it again

Donations...
I would really like to go on the honor system as far as donations to GKTW. We had about 70% particiapation and raised over $300... :thumbsup2
I would LOVE to see 100% participation. Our Champ did donate.

Prize $...
Aside from helping kids...I really hate to get money involved...while I would like to have some form of reward for our champ...but it's not a priority...
I found a neat little Football Goofy ornament a the Disney Store for Joe this year. If enough people want to donate to a prize; I won't object...I would just rather see the money go to helping kids.

Keepers...
Trust me I REALLY wanted to keep a bunch of my guys. But I think the voting is like 12-8 for it 10 non-votes either because they didn't care...or didn't see it??? The guys on the NO side with some pretty good points...though I think my trade rules would balance out most of it. This is probably the right way to do it...Keeper from the start...might change draft stratagy a little vs. pure redraft.

Costs...
Well the MFL Deluxe leagues (the function that allows same players across multiple divisions) cost $140...last year due to us being new...tranfering from Yahoo...and I emailed the sales department as to what I was planning as far as a donation entry fee...they knocked down the price to $45...this year after some negotiations... it's $60...I'm going to cover it again

Donations...
I would really like to go on the honor system as far as donations to GKTW. We had about 70% particiapation and raised over $300... :thumbsup2

Prize $...
Aside from helping kids...I really hate to get money involved...while I would like to have some form of reward for our champ...but it's not a priority...
I found a neat little Football Goofy ornament a the Disney Store for Joe this year. If enough people want to donate to a prize; I won't object...I would just rather see the money go to helping kids.

I agree with everything here.

Chris

Keepers...

Costs...

Donations...

Prize $...

Works for me. I'll still do a yahoo league if there are dads who can't get in here because of # of teams or whatever other reason if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter