Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

Good Morning Super Heroes!! Hope you all had wonderful weekends.

Here we are at the start of another week... So I must admit I have been struggling a bit with the Guardians of the Galaxy characters and linking them to our healthy journey - probably because I am not as familiar with them. So this may be a bit of a reach lol.

Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Groot_movie_poster.jpg

Groot is a tree like character, he has mind powers that enable him to influence other plant life to help defend himself. So lets talk about our plant based foods of fruit and vegetables as we all know they contain nutrients that help us with our general health but also can help to defend us from diseases and illnesses. I know some of you have been trying vegetarian meals quite a bit lately.

QOTD: What are you favourite fruits and vegetables or favourite fruit/vegetable recipe? Are there any that you are eating for a specific purpose?

It's DHs birthday tomorrow and we are having a small party at our house

Hope your DH had a great birthday and that you enjoyed the celebrations too :D

Happy Birthday! I am sorry for missing to say it on the day, I hope you had a wonderful day and amazing year to follow!

Thank you :D

But, unlike last weekend, I am not negative. So I'm feeling much better about myself compared to last weekend. Yesterday, I went on a crazy decluttering spree around my apartment.

Glad to hear you had a better weekend this weekend. I totally get the decluttering - I have been doing this also - I have had things around the house that were also from my last relationship - some of it was just out of plain necessity by not having the $$ to replace it with something else. But I can tell you that I feel so much more positive now as many of these things leave my life and I can replace them with things that represent my present and future. The next thing that must go is my bedroom furniture!!!

Can today be a Woohoo Sunday? I ran (well, walked/ran) the Hot Chocolate 5K in Atlanta today. My last 5K, I ran in over an hour, so my "easy" goal today was under 55 minutes, and my "hard" goal was under 50 minutes. The result? I finished in 48:22! For those keeping score at home, that's a 15:34 min/mile pace, which blows my January 16 min/mile goal out of the water. Here's a goofy picture of me crossing the finish line:

That definitely deserves a Woohoo Sunday :woohoo: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Great effort and I love that pic!

QOTD:

I actually am not a huge fan of most vegetables. I wish I would like them more as sometimes I get very bored with the ones I like. My favourite one is asparagus. Here in Germany it is mainly white asparagus that is being sold and it has a very specific season: mid May to end of June. Traditionally it is being served with boiled potatoes, sliced ham and/or prosciuto and sauce hollandaise or butter. The last bit is not so diet friendly, but there are some low fat sauce hollandaise products available or if you just have a little butter, it actually is a very nice and healthy meal. I am already looking forward to the asparagus season!

ETA: Oh - and I just reread the question: I am not eating the asparagus for the specific effect that asparagus supposedly can have...

Here we are at the start of another week... So I must admit I have been struggling a bit with the Guardians of the Galaxy characters and linking them to our healthy journey - probably because I am not as familiar with them. So this may be a bit of a reach lol.

Groot is a tree like character, he has mind powers that enable him to influence other plant life to help defend himself. So lets talk about our plant based foods of fruit and vegetables as we all know they contain nutrients that help us with our general health but also can help to defend us from diseases and illnesses. I know some of you have been trying vegetarian meals quite a bit lately.

QOTD: What are you favourite fruits and vegetables or favourite fruit/vegetable recipe? Are there any that you are eating for a specific purpose?

I am not a huge fan of fruits and veggies. I do like strawberries, watermelon and cantelope. I will eat an apple but that is rare. I am not a fan. for veggies I eat broccoli, green beans, carrots and corn. My new favorite is asparagus. I just started to eat them about 2 years ago. My sister, who is pickier then me was eating them. As a kids she ate turkey lunch meat on saltine crackers most nights because she refused to eat what we had. If my sister is eating asparagus then I has to at least try it. I did and love them. I roast them in the oven with just some olive oil and kosher salt. Easy to make.

I also eat tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, lettuce and celery.

I just eat them because I like them. I know they are good for you but I don't know what they actually do for you.

++++++++++

This weekend was good. Saturday my son finally got to play in his basketball game. They needed him back. He is all over the place on the court and was able to disrupt the others teams game play. He is really good on defense. Offense not so much.

We had a pretty warm weekend. We were in the 60's both days. I forgot how much I like to walk outside. My husband and I took a walk Saturday afternoon and yesterday went for one on my own. A big bummer is my ankle started to hurt again but this time it is different. Before it has always been the out side of my ankle this time it is on the inside and hurts to touch it. I am hoping it is not bad and goes away soon.

Today we are getting some crummy weather. Lots of rain and the temps are dropping. We are supposed to have by the end of the week. Yuck. I hate the snow.

DH and I have finally decided on vacations. We are not going to take one this year. Summer of 2018 we are going to go on a Disney Cruise. In 2020 we will take the trip to Cali for Disneyland. We decided to do the cruise first because the kids are quickly getting to old for the fund kids clubs. They will be almost DS will be 12 and DD will be almost 11. Last night we were searching for how the dining works on the cruise and not finding much if any one has in site on this let me know. The dates for that summer have not come out yet so we have a little before we really start planning if there is really any planning that can happen.

DH and I have finally decided on vacations. We are not going to take one this year. Summer of 2018 we are going to go on a Disney Cruise. In 2020 we will take the trip to Cali for Disneyland. We decided to do the cruise first because the kids are quickly getting to old for the fund kids clubs. They will be almost DS will be 12 and DD will be almost 11. Last night we were searching for how the dining works on the cruise and not finding much if any one has in site on this let me know. The dates for that summer have not come out yet so we have a little before we really start planning if there is really any planning that can happen.

If you are limited to summer vacations, be prepared for very high prices for Disney cruises. I only cruise on DCL in the off season and find the cruise prices already difficult...

As to how dining works: You will be assigned a dining time (usually either 5:45pm for main dining or 8:15pm for second dining). When you book early, you should have the option to choose between the two. Main dining usually sells out quicker, so it might be full if you book later. Then the ship has three different dining rooms (same concept on all the ships, but names differ). You will be assigned a dining rotation that means a schedule which day you will eat dinner in which specific room. The dining rotation is printed on your Key to the World Card (your room key) and you also get a ticket in your stateroom when you check in. The rotation only applies for dinner. For breakfast and lunch you can eat wherever you want. There are fast food type places on the pool deck, there is a buffet called Cabanas and then usually one dining room offers a table servide meal option as well. Cabanas is also open for dinner except the first and last day of the cruise, but offers a table service meal for dinner, not a buffet. Your servers for dinner will follow you to the different dining rooms for dinner, so you will always have the same team every evening. Does this help?

For the 2018 summer cruises, the itineraries and prices will come out most likely around late March or early April this year. With DCL prices it usually is best to book as early as possible as prices usually only go up, nearly never down. The deposit is 20% of the cruise fare and is fully refundable until the Pay In Full Date (usually 90 days before the cruise).

If you are new to cruising, I would really recommend using a travel agent! I have a wonderful travel agent. She is a friend that I met through the DIS before she became a travel agent. In my opinion she does a great job and I am sure she would be very helpful for you with all the questions a first time cruiser has! Also, if you contact her now that you are interested in booking something for summer 2018, she will get in touch once the new itineraries are being released, so you won't have to keep checking yourself. Her name is Brook Wozniak from www.mouseworldtravel.com. Her contact details are on the website. Tell her that I sent you (she knows my screen name, but you can also tell her that Magdalene from Germany recommended you, she will know whom you are talking about). Of course you could also try Dreams Unlimited Travel, they are the owner and sponsor of the DISboards.

Most Disney travel agents that book cruises will give you the additional benefit of onboard credit. Depending on the cruise fare you will get a certain amount credited towards your onboard account. The money can then be used to cover your gratuities (12 $ per person per night on top of the cruise fare), your port excursions or any other onboard expenses like souvenirs or drinks.

(and yes, in case anyone is wondering, you can recommend other travel agencies as long as you use the URL. Some agencies are blocked because of previous behaviour, so if you type the URL and it comes up ok, you know that they are fine to recommend.)

Oh and finally, a great website to find info about DCL is www.disneycruiselineblog.com

Have fun planning and I am always happy to help with questions!! The DCL forum here on the DIS is a great place, too!

Can today be a Woohoo Sunday? I ran (well, walked/ran) the Hot Chocolate 5K in Atlanta today. My last 5K, I ran in over an hour, so my "easy" goal today was under 55 minutes, and my "hard" goal was under 50 minutes. The result? I finished in 48:22! For those keeping score at home, that's a 15:34 min/mile pace, which blows my January 16 min/mile goal out of the water.

Congrats on your time! I love those major breakthrough moments!

Can't believe it but I am down 20 pounds since Jan 1 :D

That's awesome!!

My favorite fruits are bananas, apples, and strawberries. My go-to veggies are baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus. I also like sauteed bell peppers and onions. I'm pretty much willing to try all veggies and fruits because I know that they make me full. That's the only purpose I use them for. In terms of actual recipes? Anything that uses spaghetti squash. Zucchini noodles are okay, I'm just not a huge zucchini fan so whatever they're used in needs to mask the taste of it pretty well.

Glad to hear you had a better weekend this weekend. I totally get the decluttering - I have been doing this also - I have had things around the house that were also from my last relationship - some of it was just out of plain necessity by not having the $$ to replace it with something else. But I can tell you that I feel so much more positive now as many of these things leave my life and I can replace them with things that represent my present and future. The next thing that must go is my bedroom furniture!!!

That's where I am too! I had one thing in my house that I call the World's Fugliest Dresser because it was HIDEOUS. It was his dresser to begin with and then he decided he wanted to DIY redo it but lost steam 1/3 of the way through the project. So it was missing handles and stuff. But I needed it because I had clothes to store. I'm happy to say that is in pieces in some dump somewhere now! And I don't really even have the need to replace it with everything that I got rid of. So hooray!

----

I got up early this morning and got a workout in which I'm super pleased about. I actually got up, turned my alarm off, got back in bed and thought "eh, I can try again tomorrow" and then thought "that's silly. I'm up, I'll be happy to be done." So I got up and got moving! I'm having to adjust a little to having less time at the gym. I'm not getting up any earlier than 5am and that gives me about 45 minutes to get in a solid workout. But progress!

QOTD: What are you favorite fruits and vegetables or favourite fruit/vegetable recipe? Are there any that you are eating for a specific purpose?

Fruit - watermelon and cherries but I eat regularly all berries, apples, bananas, pears, melon and mandarin. I love all but those I have very often. I love organges mangoes, peaches, apricots, grapes... all fruit

Veggies favourites tomatoes and cucumbers, asparagus and green pointy peppers (Italian peppers as they call them sometimes) but I also like peas, corn, babycorn, mangetout, green beans, spinach, broccoli, aubergine, courgettes
I don't like, but I tolerate small quantities of onion, cauliflower, carrots, bell peppers (I love all pointy thought)
I don't like and I don't

Recipe just eat fresh fruit with some natural yogurt or steam veggies or salads. No specific recipe

I couldn't choose one, I love them too much!

Checking in from the Land of Sick. I still have not managed to kick this crud to the curb. DH has a lingering cough but is otherwise mostly better. I'm still coughing and blowing and am as weak as a kitten. I did call the doctor and she does not want me to come in unless I'm still sick next week or I get a really high fever. It's apparently just going around and some unlucky souls are suffering for 10-14 days.

The Amazon guy did bring me a special present yesterday, courtesy of my husband - the makings of Dole Whip floats! And they were delicious!!
IMG_1612.JPG

QOTD: While I don't eat nearly enough of them (for which I blame laziness and sloth), I do really like most so fruits and vegetables. I'm particularly fond of pineapple, Granny Smith apples, fresh peaches and tomatoes in the summer, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes. I'm allergic to melon and have to be careful with stone fruits (they sometimes trigger my pollen allergies), but otherwise I don't eat/not eat certain fruits and vegetables for any specific reason.

I make a pretty standard vegetable bean soup all winter long, usually with a jar of salsa or a can of enchilada sauce thrown in for extra spice. Brussels sprouts get pan roasted with garlic, red child flakes, lemon, and a sprinkling of Parmesan. I bake sweet potatoes until they are almost black on the outside and then just scoop out the resulting near pudding like insides and eat with a bit of cinnamon. Roasted vegetables of any sort make me happy.

Finally, I have a particular salad I start to crave when I'm dehydrated or really lacking in nutrients - romaine lettuce, baby spinach, cucumber, hearts of palm, grape tomatoes, tuna or chicken. Dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, and oregano. For any fellow Bachelor fans, when Corinne started talking about her Nanny's lemon salad, I immediately thought of this. I too need a nanny to make me lemon salad just the way I like it, cucumber snack, and cheesy pasta!

okay many apologies - super late I know but here are the percentage updates I could find from this week - if I have missed you please let me know.

pjilla 100%
seetpeama 100%

5disneykids 98%
MinnieLovesTigger 16%
50sjayne 10%

I have really lost track so I am giving myself 0% for the month. Well done to everyone for making a SUPER start to the new year :cool1:

I'm giving myself 25% so far for the month.

Can today be a Woohoo Sunday? I ran (well, walked/ran) the Hot Chocolate 5K in Atlanta today. My last 5K, I ran in over an hour, so my "easy" goal today was under 55 minutes, and my "hard" goal was under 50 minutes. The result? I finished in 48:22! For those keeping score at home, that's a 15:34 min/mile pace, which blows my January 16 min/mile goal out of the water. Here's a goofy picture of me crossing the finish line:

06b924ef-602b-4376-8a2a-1f8160176462_zpsirbw32og.jpg

AND, as for my weight loss goal of 10 pounds for the month of January, I'm now down 8.8 pounds since Jan 1st (and 14 pounds overall, as you can see from the ticker in my signature!)--that puts me at 88%!

What an awesome picture - you look so happy! And equally awesome results!

QOTD: I like fruit, well, because of the sugar. I'm less interested in veggies, but since I've made it a goal to go vegetarian this year I'm going to have to get over that. Currently in an average day, I don't get enough of either, although I have been trying to focus on both... I actually bought blueberries and raspberries at the grocery store yesterday and also have delacata squash on hand. Just have to actually eat it :).

Got 10,000+ steps in Saturday for the first time in forever, due to participating in the Women's March... what an amazing, empowering, enlightening experience. Unfortunately I somehow managed to only drink one glass of water Saturday and ran out of thyroid meds, so Sunday I was almost comatose and got barely anything accomplished. Oh well, the to-do list is still there waiting for me. Hopefully weather will not interfere in the beach walk tomorrow, so I can finally meet some of the gals in my women's hiking FB group and get out for a good long walk.

Happy Monday everyone.. here's to a healthful week!

If you are limited to summer vacations, be prepared for very high prices for Disney cruises. I only cruise on DCL in the off season and find the cruise prices already difficult...

As to how dining works: You will be assigned a dining time (usually either 5:45pm for main dining or 8:15pm for second dining). When you book early, you should have the option to choose between the two. Main dining usually sells out quicker, so it might be full if you book later. Then the ship has three different dining rooms (same concept on all the ships, but names differ). You will be assigned a dining rotation that means a schedule which day you will eat dinner in which specific room. The dining rotation is printed on your Key to the World Card (your room key) and you also get a ticket in your stateroom when you check in. The rotation only applies for dinner. For breakfast and lunch you can eat wherever you want. There are fast food type places on the pool deck, there is a buffet called Cabanas and then usually one dining room offers a table servide meal option as well. Cabanas is also open for dinner except the first and last day of the cruise, but offers a table service meal for dinner, not a buffet. Your servers for dinner will follow you to the different dining rooms for dinner, so you will always have the same team every evening. Does this help?

For the 2018 summer cruises, the itineraries and prices will come out most likely around late March or early April this year. With DCL prices it usually is best to book as early as possible as prices usually only go up, nearly never down. The deposit is 20% of the cruise fare and is fully refundable until the Pay In Full Date (usually 90 days before the cruise).

If you are new to cruising, I would really recommend using a travel agent! I have a wonderful travel agent. She is a friend that I met through the DIS before she became a travel agent. In my opinion she does a great job and I am sure she would be very helpful for you with all the questions a first time cruiser has! Also, if you contact her now that you are interested in booking something for summer 2018, she will get in touch once the new itineraries are being released, so you won't have to keep checking yourself. Her name is Brook Wozniak from www.mouseworldtravel.com. Her contact details are on the website. Tell her that I sent you (she knows my screen name, but you can also tell her that Magdalene from Germany recommended you, she will know whom you are talking about). Of course you could also try Dreams Unlimited Travel, they are the owner and sponsor of the DISboards.

Most Disney travel agents that book cruises will give you the additional benefit of onboard credit. Depending on the cruise fare you will get a certain amount credited towards your onboard account. The money can then be used to cover your gratuities (12 $ per person per night on top of the cruise fare), your port excursions or any other onboard expenses like souvenirs or drinks.

(and yes, in case anyone is wondering, you can recommend other travel agencies as long as you use the URL. Some agencies are blocked because of previous behaviour, so if you type the URL and it comes up ok, you know that they are fine to recommend.)

Oh and finally, a great website to find info about DCL is www.disneycruiselineblog.com

Have fun planning and I am always happy to help with questions!! The DCL forum here on the DIS is a great place, too!

We have cruised twice before. Once on Carnival and once on Norwegian. We like Norwegian the most so far. We loved the free style dining. Since then my husband only want to do the free style dining. I have talked him into doing at least 1 Disney cruise.

Unfortunately we do have to go during peak times. I kids are getting to old to take them out of school. I had a friend that took her kids out for 3 days to go to Disney in December. Her son in the the same classes as my son. The teachers did not accept the work so he got zero's. Also they are getting more work so it takes longer to catch up.

I do have a travel agent. She is a friend from high school. Thank you!

One question my husband has do the fast food/buffet stay open late? Also, for me, If I don't like anything on the menu can we have them make something else?

We have cruised twice before. Once on Carnival and once on Norwegian. We like Norwegian the most so far. We loved the free style dining. Since then my husband only want to do the free style dining. I have talked him into doing at least 1 Disney cruise.

Unfortunately we do have to go during peak times. I kids are getting to old to take them out of school. I had a friend that took her kids out for 3 days to go to Disney in December. Her son in the the same classes as my son. The teachers did not accept the work so he got zero's. Also they are getting more work so it takes longer to catch up.

I do have a travel agent. She is a friend from high school. Thank you!

One question my husband has do the fast food/buffet stay open late? Also, for me, If I don't like anything on the menu can we have them make something else?

No free style on Disney. But there is plenty of other things that should make Disney special and fun! And I think you are right, if you want to do DCL, 11 and 12 are good ages to still experience the magic and fun before they become teenagers...

I totally understand that school has priority! Here in Germany taking kids out of school is total no-go. You can get fined as a parent. I was just thinking maybe you have a fall break or spring break that is not around Easter that would make prices a bit lower. A good place to check prices for itineraries you could be interested in is
https://touringplans.com/disney-cruise-line/tools/fare-tracker there you can also see how pricing changes over time.

Sounds like you already are in good hands with your friend as a travel agent. It is always great to have someone you can trust.

If you go to Www.disneycruiselineblog.com they have old "Personal Navigators" which list all the activities and the opening hours of restaurants and such. You can also find menus there. Your success in getting something made that is not on the menu could vary, I would not count on it. They are very eager to please and will do alterations, but there is a limit. You can also always order from the kids menu as an adult (and kids can order from the adult menu). The fast food is open for dinner time and the pizza window is open late. Also room service is free 24h.

Hey guys, these past two weeks have been crazy! The kids went back to school and then had award ceremonies and DS10 made it into the geography bee. So I have been hyper kid focused and not had any me time. Today that is all changing. Tonight will be my first training run in 2 weeks. It was great to take a break but I missed it and cannot wait to get back out there. I am sitting at a big fat 0% for the month :( I know I can do better and if I want to hit new PRs in running this year I really need to get rid of these lbs that are holding me back.

Today's Question: My favorite fruits are Strawberries and Apples. Vegetables, I would have to go with sweet potatoes (I had to look up if this was consider a veggie and it looks like it is) and carrots. I don't eat any for any particular reason.

Congrats on a great race @princessbee! How did you like the Hot Chocolate race? They look like a lot of fun and I was hoping to do one this year.

You're never going to want to go back after a DCL cruise :) We cruised on many different lines before finally deciding to see what the fuss was about and I would never cruise any other way now.

I don't think the buffet is open late. They do have a late night buffet on pirate night that is pirate themed (Turkey legs, tacos etc.). There are other fast food options that are like a counter service, on the Dream they were on the pool deck. You can also do room service, it is free except for a tip. My kids got the biggest kick out of that and they have things like uncrustables and Mickey bars that aren't on the room service menu if you ask. In the main restaurants they always have a couple dishes that are healthier and simpler like chicken breast with veggies. You can even order dishes from other restaurants onboard. Here is a link to my TR from our cruise last year if your interested
http://www.disboards.com/threads/not-cold-but-refreshing-4-nights-on-the-dream.3478401/

No free style on Disney. But there is plenty of other things that should make Disney special and fun! And I think you are right, if you want to do DCL, 11 and 12 are good ages to still experience the magic and fun before they become teenagers...

I totally understand that school has priority! Here in Germany taking kids out of school is total no-go. You can get fined as a parent. I was just thinking maybe you have a fall break or spring break that is not around Easter that would make prices a bit lower. A good place to check prices for itineraries you could be interested in is
https://touringplans.com/disney-cruise-line/tools/fare-tracker there you can also see how pricing changes over time.

Sounds like you already are in good hands with your friend as a travel agent. It is always great to have someone you can trust.

If you go to Www.disneycruiselineblog.com they have old "Personal Navigators" which list all the activities and the opening hours of restaurants and such. You can also find menus there. Your success in getting something made that is not on the menu could vary, I would not count on it. They are very eager to please and will do alterations, but there is a limit. You can also always order from the kids menu as an adult (and kids can order from the adult menu). The fast food is open for dinner time and the pizza window is open late. Also room service is free 24h.

Hey guys, these past two weeks have been crazy! The kids went back to school and then had award ceremonies and DS10 made it into the geography bee. So I have been hyper kid focused and not had any me time. Today that is all changing. Tonight will be my first training run in 2 weeks. It was great to take a break but I missed it and cannot wait to get back out there. I am sitting at a big fat 0% for the month :( I know I can do better and if I want to hit new PRs in running this year I really need to get rid of these lbs that are holding me back.

Today's Question: My favorite fruits are Strawberries and Apples. Vegetables, I would have to go with sweet potatoes (I had to look up if this was consider a veggie and it looks like it is) and carrots. I don't eat any for any particular reason.

Congrats on a great race @princessbee! How did you like the Hot Chocolate race? They look like a lot of fun and I was hoping to do one this year.

You're never going to want to go back after a DCL cruise :) We cruised on many different lines before finally deciding to see what the fuss was about and I would never cruise any other way now.

I don't think the buffet is open late. They do have a late night buffet on pirate night that is pirate themed (Turkey legs, tacos etc.). There are other fast food options that are like a counter service, on the Dream they were on the pool deck. You can also do room service, it is free except for a tip. My kids got the biggest kick out of that and they have things like uncrustables and Mickey bars that aren't on the room service menu if you ask. In the main restaurants they always have a couple dishes that are healthier and simpler like chicken breast with veggies. You can even order dishes from other restaurants onboard. Here is a link to my TR from our cruise last year if your interested
http://www.disboards.com/threads/not-cold-but-refreshing-4-nights-on-the-dream.3478401/

Thanks! This info is great. Time to start reading!

Got 18 laps done in 12 minutes today

QOTD True Vegetables ( the plant itself goes to seed) asparagus, snap beans (green), broccoli, cabbage (green and red), cauliflower, celery, carrots, chard (swiss), corn (especially fresh cut and in the pot in less than 30 minutes), lettuce (romaine and bib especially), onions (green, red, scallons, sweet, white, yellow), peas (sugar snap, edible pod), pepper (sweet-green, orange, red, yellow bell), potatoes (red, russet, white, yellow, yukon gold), radish, rutabeggos ( they are related to a turnip and I love it when my father in law brings one in when we are visiting and my Mother in law cuts it into really thin strips for us to munch on) spinach, sweet potatoes and yams. I do not like beets and have not really tried much on Jiccima, and Turnips
Vegetables that technically are fruits ( the plant does not go to seed) cucumbers, summer squash, squash (acorn, buttercup, butternut), pumpkin, and zuchenni. Tomatoes used to be on this list until I discovered I am allergic to them and I decided I would rather breath. I have not tried eggplant
Fruits: just about all of them except limes, lemons, and I don't care for granny smith or red delicious apples as much since I find granny smith to be too tart unless in a pie and red delicious tend to go brown when exposed to air so the first bite is nice and juicy and then the rest have that apple cider look to them which turns me off. My go to varieties for apples are cameo, fuji, jonagold, and honey crisp. Banana are fine if they are at the perfect stage of ripeness which since I have a certain 9 year old who will eat them still slightly green does not happen that often because I will purchase thinking I will have in a day or two and they are either gone or DH puts them up so high and I forget about them and when I remember they are too ripe and time to wait till they are at use it baking stage.
I like the taste of them with some I like raw others steamed some I like only fresh and others frozen or rarely canned is acceptable. I need to get my square gardening boxes built and stop waiting for DH to get things done so I don't have to have just what my dad puts in the larger garden ( they plant way too much and every year it's do you want or we have a bunch of come and get it except he doesn't plant asparagus and since the ownership of the land along the ditch we used to go on is no longer close friends and the neighbors behind us can't seem to cut it off at or slightly below ground level we are lucky enough to get a small amount for a meal for my parents. Their house is closer to the road and it would be easy for someone to come in and just help themselves like they did with the patch his mom had when he was growing up. My house is clear in the back corner of the property and while a couple of gates were installed between the family property and the subdivision next to use the two families over there who know how to operate the gates which include an electric wire part ( only on when the horses are here. I hope we get the Belgians again this year or the nicer riding horses and not the ones who have what I call rattlesnake personality disorder-those 3 were mean especially 2 of them to the 3rd who was skittish as all get out-didn't even come for bites of apple or carrots) that if you don't know what you are doing your going to get a shock that will land you on your hind end right quick. Guaranteed if I plant using seedlings this year and next year we have a crop if my dad catches people coming in to help themselves that fence will be on when the asparagus is ripe and ready for picking horses here or not. To drive into my house you have to get past my dad's shop area and my brother's house and good luck sneaking past my sister's place as there is a ditch, 2 fences and a bunch of trees to get past). Oh and I like to share with the bunnies which the results so far have been ( chocolate netherland dwarf passed away before old enough to let try anything, ( tri colored holland lop would eat carrots but loved celery didn't try anything else), broken black mini rex ( passed before old enough to let try anything), ( tort dutch carrots only has been offered celery and apples but will push them out of the cage).

Good Morning! I did finally weigh myself and I am down another pound. I am now at 40% of my goal. I did not get my steps in last night and I don't think I will tonight. I left work yesterday with a headache so I went home. After dinner I laid on the couch with my daughter and dosed on and off until bed time. After the kids went bed I feel asleep for 2 hours on the couch. My husband woke me up and we watched Lucifer (We love this show). After the show I went to bed and fell right to sleep. I slept all night and I am still tired. I did wake up not feeling great and I still have the headache. Everyone at work is getting the stomach bug so I hope I am not getting it. The nauseous feeling could be from the headache too.

Tonight I am going to one of those painting groups where you drink wine and paint something on a canvas. I don't drink wine but thought it would still be fun with a group of friends. Hopefully I start to feel better or it is going to be a long afternoon.

I had a meeting with one of my son's teachers this morning. She gave me some good tricks to help him. I did ask her if she thought he had ADHD and she could say for sure. He doesn't have all of the characteristics of it. His behavior is really good but he does have a tenancy to talk a lot and does get over excited when participating in class. She said if he does have it that it is a mild case. She also said that some of his issue could be age and just learning to be organized. We have put some good things in place to help in and she gave me a few more. I hoping this all works.

Hello everyone - I woke up this morning and realised I totally forgot QOTD for Tuesday - Sorry! don't know what happened - I came on earlier to look at the chatter then made dinner, got the twins school supplies read for their first day today, watched some tv fell asleep on the couch and just totally didn't give it another thought.

Hope you have all a Super and healthy day :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter