Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

Today has been interesting to say the least. First I can't believe I am now the mother of a 12 year old. Then while watching the podcast I get a call from DH that he locked the keys in the truck. I manage to find a set but between the car deciding to quite the second I try to back out of the drive and the fact that I had the steering wheel in my stomach we decided to call Mother in law who came out and got my key to take to him. She of course wanted to know if my folks were home implying that we should have called them. Hmm they would have said for me to just drive the car and when I told them that the steering wheel was hitting my stomach I would get told to go on a diet and loose some weight. Even though I am trying to they are not in the select group allowed to know that fact because they will stress me out with how much have you loss you know you really should have this much of a loss by now are you sure you should be eating that why are you not exercising for 20-30 minutes a day your just making excuses. To add to the fun on one of my trips outside I went out with just the 2 key sets that I thought one of them would be it and then had to come back in to grab my license and lock the house. I managed to slip on the stairs which luckily I caught myself and only slide 2 of them but I banged up my knee and have a nasty bruise.
I did manage to get 16.5 laps done in 12 minutes but may go down to 10 tomorrow depending on how my knee is doing. Oh and I have my first ignore on the boards because someone is a meanie face and that is my nice term ( not saying but will share in love via private wink wink)
We're going out tonight to HuHot which is a mongolian grill type place for dinner instead of our normal celebrate at Golden Coral because it is kids night and 9 year old little sister does not handle a huge crowd well so the birthday girl asked if we could go there on Saturday. DH surprisingly said yes and I am going to push for going at brunch time and staying through the change over to get both though dinner would be fine as well because there is shrimp though it is fried.

I'm less interested in veggies, but since I've made it a goal to go vegetarian this year I'm going to have to get over that.

DH is mostly veg (although he will occasionally eat fish and seafood) and he really hates most vegetables. He makes it work because he is one of those lucky birds that thrive and have no body fat on bread and cheese but it certainly is easier if you eat lots of the veggies. Roasting or putting them in soup is the ticket to his stomach.

Hello everyone - I woke up this morning and realised I totally forgot QOTD for Tuesday - Sorry! don't know what happened - I came on earlier to look at the chatter then made dinner, got the twins school supplies read for their first day today, watched some tv fell asleep on the couch and just totally didn't give it another thought.

Hope you have all a Super and healthy day :D

I'm so impressed that you manage to put up such interesting questions most days. You definitely get lots of passes for couch napping instead of question posting.

What a day. My doctor diagnosed me with bronchitis and cleared me to go back to work st the same appointment. Probably a good thing since the work is piling up and there is only so much I can do at home. But commuting and then spending all of five hours sitting up at my desk has left me completely wiped out. I think I'm going to have to stay home again tomorrow just to have enough energy to get through my class tomorrow night. I real don't want to cancel the first really substantive class of the semester and I haven't been able to find/con anyone into subbing for me. I have not been this sick for this long in years and I've really had enough. I'm also bummed that it hasn't killed my appetite. I deserve at least a few sick pounds lost. :)

Can you believe tomorrow is already Wednesday!? Where has this week gone.

Sounds like everyone is sticking to their goals. Wooohoo!

It's today for me.

The day after training legs in the gym

I feel like this
I+am+le+tired+so+zen+take+a+nap+zen_914499_4856706.gif

But instead of being wheeled around I have to get to work, work, get home, cook dinner, bring my son to football...

I am tired.

5802ad8a75ec2b11a8418ea98e38ce8d.jpg

you get the picture

Good Morning Super Heroes - lets get back on track! It is WOOHOO WEDNESDAY!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Okay a series of woohooey (yep I am making up words now lol) gifs from Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers and Dr Strange as I like them all and want to encourage woohoos and celebrations from everyone ... so hope these get you in the mood!

tumblr_o7jrgzs6qc1slsalco1_400.gif
tumblr_o54cmghO0s1ufo781o1_250.gif

Well here goes with my woohoos

I am easing myself back into work - today was day 3...
All the kids are back at school now ...
Tomorrow (Thursday) is a Holiday for us here - Its Australia Day!! so a day off to break up that hard week back after vacation :woohoo:

Today has been interesting to say the least

You have had an eventful day - hope your leg isn't too bad, stay strong with that family and maybe they will notice changes without you having to say anything at all - but most of all remember its your journey and you are making a Super start this month my Super Hero. Hope you have a wonderful birthday dinner out for your daughter.

I'm so impressed that you manage to put up such interesting questions most days. You definitely get lots of passes for couch napping instead of question posting.

What a day. My doctor diagnosed me with bronchitis and cleared me to go back to work st the same appointment. Probably a good thing since the work is piling up and there is only so much I can do at home. But commuting and then spending all of five hours sitting up at my desk has left me completely wiped out. I think I'm going to have to stay home again tomorrow just to have enough energy to get through my class tomorrow night. I real don't want to cancel the first really substantive class of the semester and I haven't been able to find/con anyone into subbing for me. I have not been this sick for this long in years and I've really had enough. I'm also bummed that it hasn't killed my appetite. I deserve at least a few sick pounds lost. :)

Thank you ;) - I hope you feel better soon - don't push too hard before you are ready :-)

Where has this week gone

Where has the month gone?! after today there is only 6 days left in January!!!

Woohoo's for the week.

1. My coworker that just had a baby came in on Monday and I got to snuggle with a little 9 pound girl. She is really tiny. She is 3 months already and only 9 pounds! I am a bit sad because she has decided to be a stay at home mom and I am going to miss her here. But I got to snuggle a baby. I miss having babies around. When I worked at the daycare I mostly worked in the infant room.

2. I am down 2 pounds for the month. Not what I was expecting with not working out much this month.

3. My headache is finally gone. It only took about 24 hours.

4. I went to a painting class last night. It is a class where you drink wine and someone shows you how to paint something. I did not drink any wine. Thankfully I don't have to worry about those calories because I really do not like wine or alcohol in general. It was still a lot of fun. Here is the picture that I made. It is the Cleveland skyline with Lake Erie in front of it.

Cleveland Skyline.jpg

I have had a totally opposite woohoo of a morning with some sad news about my furry friend at home. A 9 year old Boxer that is going to be put down soon (possibly today). He had degenerative myelopathy which is essentially paralysis that's very common in Boxers. He's been slowly losing his back legs for probably almost a year. He can no longer use them and is now incontinent which we were told is the point that it's no longer humane for him to be alive. So, I'm having to say goodbye to a very good friend.

That said, it is the circle of life and I'm very excited for him to be able to run and jump and play and do all the things that he loves again! Even if it can't be with us here on Earth.

Woohoo Wednesday

1. I've gotten up at 5am 2 out of 3 days this week to work out so I'm feeling very accomplished about that!
2. I've been on my eating game all week long.
3. I finished my second book of the month which puts me on track for my goal of 24 books this year.

Holy cow, Wednesday already? Dang it, another week as passed without me doing something awesome. I missed the beach walk last night because I didn't get out of the office early enough. I really need to get out in to the woods, somehow, someway. Maybe I'll go out to my yarn store Sunday, as it's in the "country" and there's a nice park in the area.

We've rearranged desks at work, to get the teams better aligned: I moved yesterday and like my new spot except that I sit right beside my boss... fortunately he's not around much :).

I heard back yesterday that I didn't get in to the farm retreat... I'm on the wait-list but figuring it is a no-go. That opens up other possibilities for things to do while I'm in the "area", so I'll have to start poking around... I do really like Boston, so that's an option.

This Saturday we'll be having my SIL's Celebration of Life get-together. My SIS is thinking around 60 people will be there, which I hope happens as it is so important to her. She's been working really hard at getting it together, so I hope it turns out as she envisions.

Happy mid-week everyone!

Edited to add: I totally forgot to mention, we've had a baby in the family! My Nephew in Texas is the first of the next generation to generate an off-spring... a lovely little baby girl.

Last edited:
I am still below my starting weight which is one good thing I can say
We had a delightful dinner last night to celebrate my now 12 year old.
9 year old did go back to bed for an hour after getting up at 6:30 this morning so I got a 40 minute power nap
I have gotten my walk at least goal in every day. Well not for today since my leg is hurting ( the one I tried to catch myself with not the one I have the bruise on and I have an arm hurting as well. They feel almost like when you push it just a bit too hard on weights. I am going to wait until we are home from sewing and I have 9 year old in bed to walk so I can just get off my leg if I have to when I am done and I am thinking it will be cut down to 10 minutes to give me the chance to recover a little bit.

Woohoo 12 year old is over 90% done with a fair project. She just needs to find a hand sewing needle and get the closure done.
Woohoo 12 year old agreed with her sewing leader and me to use some material we had donated to us plus a non button hole blouse her leader has on hand to make a top and expand it into a dress since we have enough material. The only thing we will have to buy is maybe a ribbon.
Woohoo 12 year old has her showcase project decided and will start on Saturday.

Woohoo 9 year old has a fair project done though we might add a few more pieces since there are extras and a few spots where the directions have it a bit sparse than I would like to see.

Got my walk in which was 14 laps in 12 minutes. Not bad for hobeling a bit with my leg ( not the one I hit on the stair tread the one I attempted to catch myself with so I didn't slide down the other 9. Dis slide down one more before I was fully upright).

I have had a totally opposite woohoo of a morning with some sad news about my furry friend at home

I am very sorry to hear about your furry loved one .... :hug:

This Saturday we'll be having my SIL's Celebration of Life get-together. My SIS is thinking around 60 people will be there, which I hope happens as it is so important to her. She's been working really hard at getting it together, so I hope it turns out as she envisions.

I hope all goes well and as hoped by your sister :hug:

I totally forgot to mention, we've had a baby in the family! My Nephew in Texas is the first of the next generation to generate an off-spring... a lovely little baby girl.

This is a great woohoo - it is wonderful to see the families continue to grow - I am a great aunty already a couple of times over.

I have had a very lazy day off today - I woke earlyish and was still tired but couldn't get back to sleep - so after midmorning breakfast of choc-chip pancakes I headed back to bed for a couple of hours. I have loved my rest day today :-)

Good morning friends :D

As much as we all love our Super Heroes it is important to remember that like us they also have flaws. As we take our healthy journey some flaws we are working on and some we learn to live with or even be proud of. Even though we know we shouldn't many of us can't help but compare ourselves to others and in the day of social media, selfies and advertisements with their before and after shots (some are so obviously bad! - there is one on tv here are the moment for some cream that is supposed to firm and lift our saggy neck skin and jawline - the before photos the chin position is clearly tucked down to exagerate the double chin and in the after photo they are clearly tilting their head back lol ) it is harder to escape ... I came across this today which was somewhat refreshing... http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/fit...ly-are/ar-AAm58bK?li=AAgfDNO&ocid=mailsignout

QOTD: Are you good at remaining focused on your own journey or do you find yourself comparing yourself to others? What are you proud of your body for achieving?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter