Disney 12x12 ABC Page Swap/MAW:COMPLETE

NemoMom07

Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!
This swap will consume a lot of your time and will be on the expensive side for the materials and mailing. Please make sure you can handle both.

Due Date : October 8th. This is when I need them at my house.
Check In Dates: after close of sign ups verify letters are correct and send me your info
June 4th
July 31
August 20th
September 27th

Newbies can join this swap. However I would like you to either email me or pm me your prototypes for each letter. I am asking this, because there has not been a page swap for awhile and the requirements for a page swap differ from element swaps. I would like to make sure that the prototype will meet the requirements. I know I was nervous with my first page swap so I emailed the hostess my page, eventhough she did not ask. Last years Disney ABC Completed Page Swap can be found here for ideas/examples of the requirements:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2167843&highlight=disney+abc+page+swap

PM me with your name, address, email address, contact phone number. If you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (sometimes Life just has a way of throwing us off our path), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed. This swap will be hard to find angels, so if for any reason you see that you will not be able to complete it please pm me

The BASICS:

This is a Disney ABC completed page swap, with the addition of making 2 completed albums to donate to my local Make A Wish Foundation. It is a way to honor Disney's GAD and to make 2 special kids with extreme difficulties in life a little brighter.

In the 3rd post I have a compiled ABC ideas for each letter, but if you have something for that letter you have in mind and it is a general Disney theme please pm me first to make sure it will meet to the requirements(nothing to Disney specific) or you can use one of the selected ideas. When you choose your letters let me know your topic so I can add it to the sign up list in the third post.

Each participation is to choose 2 letters. For each letter you will need to make a total of 15 completed pages that meet all the requirements (listed below) for the page. Why 15? Thirteen will be for each swapper to receive and then the other 2 pages will be going into the 2 albums for the MAW foundation.

For the MAW albums only: As a way to give credit to all those who made this possible I thought we each would make only 2 tags; one for each book. Please include your first name only, disname, state you live in, and what letters you did for the book. On the other side you can write a disneyism or some well wishes or such I will leave the size up to you, but make sure it has 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished. And remember it is just 2 per group that you are in.:goodvibes

The REQUIREMENTS:

One 12x12 page layout for a total of 15 pages per letter. A total of 30 completed pages. Each page needs to include:

1. Title: The letter you have chosen should be larger and standout from than the rest of the title. It needs to a minimum of 2 inches (top layer), matted, and embellished. The first letter can be larger than 2 in order to standout. For the remainder of the title the letters can be a topper, letter, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes or stamped (with a flair-embossing, stickling, hand coloring, or shadowed, etc.).

AND

2. Option A: 2 places for 4x6 photos and a place for journaling visible or hidden
3. Option B: 1 place for 4x6 photo and 2 or 3 or more places for smaller photos and place for
journaling visible or hidden
AND
Embellished in some way on the page - elements, Jolee's, layers of paper, ribbon/fiber, chipboard pieces, etc.

3. Option C: Choose one of the sketches that are pictured in post number 2 and make your page based on the sketch. You should use 3 or more different papers, embellish as the sketch demonstrates to do so, and make sure your letter choice stands out, is 2 inches or more, matted and embellished (like the altered letters).

-You are allowed to rotate the sketch/map in any direction you want.
-Please try to stay as true to the sketch/map as possible.
-You are not required to double mat your elements or have to embellish the elements one/two way. -You can add a mat layer to the photo placements if you like. That is the only alteration to the layout that should be done.
-You may use any kind of embellishment you like on these sketches where they are indicated or in place of a “layer” of paper. Ribbon and fiber are good substitutions for paper layers.
-You may use different embellishments on each of your layouts. Please ensure they are of the same quality.

For all three option choices please, no hand lettering on any items. You may use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, die cut letters, etc. Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, 3D stickers (matted stickers are ok, too), clip art, stamped images, glitter/embossed/bling paper, inking, tearing, embossing (dry & heat), or extra layer of any paper. All elements should be double-matted and embellished in some other way unless otherwise noted (the option to do a selected sketch follows slightly different standards listed above). If you don’t know if yours is okay, ask me.

Please use a layer of card stock as your base. You may completely cover it with thinner paper. It is very difficult to sort them when they bend and sometimes the embellishments get caught.

Please use quality paper on your layouts. I will not limit your “name” brands, but please use good judgment. If the patterned paper doesn't have a name printed on it, don't use it.

The ELEMENTS:

Title/Topper: please follow your option choice for guidelines.
Photo Mats: for a 4 x 6 photo without cropping. Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these. Please be sure that your embellishment does not infringe upon the placement of the photo.
Journal Box: at least a 3x3 writing area, triple matted (the writing area is the 3rd layer) and embellished
Tag: double matted and embellished another way in addition to either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole.
Border: 12 inches long double matted and embellished
Embellished squares: largest mat should be no larger than 2" minimum 2 layers and embellished
Slide Mounts: creative here please
Matchbooks: embellished and make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook.
Library Pocket and Tag: embellished, no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag embellished 2 ways that should also have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Shaker Box: be creative please
Paper Piecing: be creative please (not a single layer die cuts)
License Plate: be creative please
Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones
ATC: 1PP be creative please

Packaging and Shipping Info

Place one letter choice in it's own 2-gallon baggie and label the baggie with your real name, DISname, Group A or B, and letter. So you will have 2x 2 gallon bags per group.

Shawn Barker
NemoMom07
Group A
"D"
-Please send enough postage to cover the mailing your package back to you. If you would like delivery confirmation include enough for that as well. Do NOT use the Click-it postage from USPS. I cannot use it. It has to be used the day it was printed. Stamps, check or cash are acceptable.
-If you don't mind the delay in return shipping, you may use non-priority to save some $$. Please use packaging I can reuse and send 3-4 extra stamps from what it cost you to mail it to me. Just in case some pages are heavier than others.
-Please include a completed address label in the box you send to me. This will cut down on mailing mistakes.

Most importantly have fun with this swap. I know there is a lot to follow, but just let your creativity flow and enjoy.

Below are 10 sketches that you can choose to use for Option C. Remember you can rotate them anyway you would like. All of them, except one, came from page maps.

Group A:
A: Autographs- threeiscrazy
B: Balloons (disney balloon theme)-NemoMom07
C: Characters-general-DisneyBarlans
D: Dreams(disney)- NemoMom07
E: Earing My Ears or Ears-LoveMy3Kiddos
F: "The Favorite"- threeiscrazy
G: Good Times- BAMB
H: Hidden Mickey's/Hats-chiefdragon
I: I Love Disney- 123SA
J: Jungle(its a jungle out there)- mycutiepatooties
K: Keys to the Kingdom/ Kickin Back at Disney-AWM
L: (waiting in)Lines/Lovin It/Lands/Let's Go- ArizonaRita
M: Meet and Greets-MickeyTeacher
N: Nutty Bunch- mycutiepatooties
O: Oh Boy- AWM
P: Pressed Pennies-ZeroToHero
Q: Quotable Moments- 123SA
R: Resort- BAMB
S: Snacks- chiefdragon
T: disney Transportation- MickeyTeacher
U: Unlocking The Magic- BAMB
V: Vroom Vroom- ZeroToHero
W: Walt Disney(use w/statue pics)-DisneyBarlans
X: piXie Dust - LoveMy3Kiddos
Y: You're A Star- ArizonaRita
Z: Zip A Dee Doo Deh- BAMB

Group B:

A: All Moused Out-ZeroToHero
B: Believe In Magic- party of 3
C: Celebrate- BAMB
D: Disney Days-123SA
E: Enchanted Journey- DisneyIsTerrific
F: Fastpass- ZeroToHero
G: disney Gardens- PinballFamily
H: disney Hugs- MorgansMom2000
I: It all Started With a Mouse- NemoMom07
J: Jump For Joy- mycutiepatooties
K: Kisses- MorgansMom2000
L: Let's Go- BAMB
M: Meet and Greets - BAMB
N: disney Nights- 123SA
O: Out of This World- threeiscrazy
P: Pin Trading- PinballFamily
Q: Quite A Mouseketeer-NemoMom07
R: Rest Stop/Rollercoaster DisneyIsTerrific
S: Shopping- DisneyBarlans
T: Treats- BAMB
U: Under The Sea-Partyof3
V:Very Happy- mycutiepatooties
W:Wild Bunch-LoveMy3Kiddos
X: X Marks the Spot- DisneyBarlans
Y: Yummy-LoveMy3Kiddos
Z: Zipping Up or Z End- threeiscrazy

The Team Players:
ZeroToHero :thanks:
MickeyTeacher :car:
123SA :thanks:
mycutiepatooties :car:
chiefdragon :car:
DisneyBarlans :car:
LoveMy3Kiddos :car:
Arizona Rita: :thanks:
threeiscrazy :car:
BernardandMissBianca :car:
AlexWyattMommy: :car:
MorgansMom2000: :car:
PinBallFamily :thanks:
DisneyIsTerrific :car:
party of 3 :car:
NemoMom07:car:

Verified Topics and pm info
June 4th Check In
July 31 Check In
August 20 Check In
September 27 Check In

:woohoo: Mailing To Me
:thanks:: Received By Me
:car:: Made it Back Home to You

Group A:
[URL=http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/NemoMom07/Disney%20MAW%20ABC%20Completed%20Page%20Swap/?action=view&current=e2c5285a.pbw][/URL]

Group B:
[URL=http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/NemoMom07/Disney%20MAW%20ABC%2012x12%20Completed%20Page%20Swap-%20Groupn%20B/?action=view&current=fa4ad068.pbw][/URL]

I would like the following letters

Q – Quotable Moments
I – I love Disney

If not available, O, M, L, C, P … or whatever spot is available.

Thanks!

I'll be using sketches. Do you need to know which one?

Good Morning!
Here are mycutiepatooties, DuchessTisha's, & my choices:

mycutiepatooties:
1st choices:
N-Nutty bunch (Chip & Dale theme)
J-Jungle out there

2nd choices:
H-Hidden Mickeys
Q-Quotable moments

3rd choices:
I-I love Disney
K-Kickin' back at Disney

Duchess Tisha:
1st choices:
H-hats or hidden mickeys
P-park maps

2nd choices:
J-jungle out there
S-snacks

DisneyBarlans:
1st choices:
C-Characters
W-Walt Disney

2nd choices:
M-Monorail
P-Pixie Dust

3rd choices:
A-autographs
G-gift shops

Hi!!! Could I have:

1st choice: J - Jungle out there

2nd choice: E - Earning my Ears

3rd choice: S - Snacks

4th choice: X - Pixie Dust

Thanks!!

Erin

Alrighty I have everyone updated to here. Most everyone got there 1st choice. LoveMy3Kiddos I was able to fill in your 2nd and 4th choices. Thanks guys for joining in on this HUGE swap. We only need 5 more and it will be full :cool1:

Alrighty I have everyone updated to here. Most everyone got there 1st choice. LoveMy3Kiddos I was able to fill in your 2nd and 4th choices. Thanks guys for joining in on this HUGE swap. We only need 5 more and it will be full :cool1:

Thanks!!!

Can I please have Q for Quiet time?
I need to think some more so I'll let you have a moment to fill everything in and take a look again. Thanks!

I'd like to do a sub-title for my X - pixie dust..."may all your wishes come true". Do you think this will be ok? I am just brainstorming right now and could end up not doing that afterall. But, I wanted to ask if that was allowed before getting too far into a thought!!!

Thanks!

Can I please have Q for Quiet time?
I need to think some more so I'll let you have a moment to fill everything in and take a look again. Thanks!

Hey Rita I am so :banana: you are playing. Sorry to say Q has been already taken.

I'd like to do a sub-title for my X - pixie dust..."may all your wishes come true". Do you think this will be ok? I am just brainstorming right now and could end up not doing that afterall. But, I wanted to ask if that was allowed before getting too far into a thought!!!

Thanks!

As long as the piXiedust stands out(mainly the X) that will be find to add the subtitle.

Nemomom - threeiscrazy posted at the same time as you. Her request is a few posts up. Saw you missed her and wanted to let you know!! :thumbsup2

I think we were both posting at the same time. :surfweb:

I would like to make

A for Autograph
F for favorite

Thanks!

Nemomom - threeiscrazy posted at the same time as you. Her request is a few posts up. Saw you missed her and wanted to let you know!! :thumbsup2

Thanks you sooo much. I sure did miss her. Need to make a note to myself to double check. Thank you again.

As long as the piXiedust stands out(mainly the X) that will be find to add the subtitle.

Yep...that I already thought of how I wanted to do the title with the X...but thought about the sub-title. I would actually make the sub-title smaller, in a different location, not embellished, etc. You will be able to tell the difference. If I do the sub-title idea, I'll show you something ahead of time before getting too far into production for approval. :thumbsup2

I will show you a picture of both my ideas before making all of the pages...do you want my sketched idea or a finished product?

I think we were both posting at the same time. :surfweb:

I would like to make

A for Autograph
F for favorite

Thanks!

Hi Sheri. Thank you for joining. I am sorry I missed your post, but I have you all added in. This was my first page swap I ever did and I just love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter