Disney After Dark AK or MNsSHP?

sk8jdgca

DIS Veteran
So we are doing a non Disney vacation Aug 20-28. We are doing Discovery Cove on the 26th. My kids are 16 and 20. Our favourite park is AK.
While we are in Orlando, the following are happening
Aug 26th DAD AK $125 ( 7pm to midnight)
Aug 27th MNSSHP $79 (4 pm to midnight)

Anyone know how many tickets are sold to each one? Would the crowds be significantly lower at AK to justify the higher price and less hours?

We don’t care about parades!

Last edited:
So we are doing a non Disney vacation Aug 20-28. We are doing Discovery Cove on the 26th. My kids are 16 and 20. Our favourite park is AK.
While we are in Orlando, the following are happening
Aug 26th DAD AK $125 ( 7pm to midnight)
Aug 27th MNSSHP $79 (4 pm to midnight)

Anyone know how many tickets are sold to each one? Would the crowds be significantly lower at AK to justify the higher price and less hours?

We don’t care about parades!

Historically MNSSHP is known to have attendance upwards of 25K-30K. I suspect that number has crept up even more over the years. I can’t imagine DAD is anything close to that, but don’t really know.

Exact numbers for the Disney After Hours events at any of the parks are not really known with any degree of certainty, although it is materially less of a head count than MNSSHP.

By all accounts, DAK DAH vs MK MNSSHP is going to feel quite different in terms of sheer number of people around you. Both events offer quite different value propositions.

If you're looking for a lower crowd experience, DAK DAH would be your better option. That doesn't mean the park will be empty - you will still encounter waits for rides like FoP (although far less than normal operating hours). Most other rides will be walk-ons.

I personally would do DAH, unless you really want to do trick-or-treat. MNSSHP was pretty crowded when we went last year, and August feels too early for Halloween to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter