Disney After Dark Sweethearts night

bethsg

Mouseketeer
The tickets go on sale on the 14th. Where do I find out what time they start selling? Thanks

The parks blog says no earlier than 9 am Pacific time. That’s probably as specific as it will get.

This is the first I have experienced - there is a ticket queue to buy the tickets... My wait time currently is more than an hour which does not give me confidence that I will get a ticket for the night we want to go.

This is the first I have experienced - there is a ticket queue to buy the tickets... My wait time currently is more than an hour which does not give me confidence that I will get a ticket for the night we want to go.
Same, I have been in the queue since 9 am.... still says more than 1 hour at 10:16.

I bought my tickets around 953 PST and everything was still available if that helps.

I just got my tickets and checked out. Took ~3 hours lol Jan dates were still available for Sweethearts night

Ugh. I missed my window so back in the queue I go.
I also almost missed my window. Timer was around 40min left so I went to make coffee, then ended up chatting with my wife for a bit. That 40min ended up being closer to 30, and when I went back to my computer I saw the screen had changed and said "F@#$". Turns out it was on ticket selection..

I didn't check all dates, but it looked like there was still plenty of availability.

So question, when you arrive at Disneyland at 6 pm, what can you do before the party starts? Also, if my guests don't already have an acct set up with the APP, do they need one? And are the attractions which are open for this event posted somewhere? Thanks (east coast girl here)

So question, when you arrive at Disneyland at 6 pm, what can you do before the party starts? Also, if my guests don't already have an acct set up with the APP, do they need one? And are the attractions which are open for this event posted somewhere? Thanks (east coast girl here)
When you arrive at 6pm, you can do everything you would normally do during regular park hours. Party guests mix in with day guests until 9pm. I would expect all or most attractions to remain open except Rise of the Resistance. I was a park day guest last year when a party was occurring that night, and I remember Rise closing before 9pm.

I also almost missed my window. Timer was around 40min left so I went to make coffee, then ended up chatting with my wife for a bit. That 40min ended up being closer to 30, and when I went back to my computer I saw the screen had changed and said "F@#$". Turns out it was on ticket selection..

I didn't check all dates, but it looked like there was still plenty of availability.
I managed to get back in several hours later and purchase tickets. Definitely much easier than Oogie Boogie tickets.

You'll be able to do regular park things at 6, then more things will be available once the party officially starts at 9 and the non- party guests leave. You can usually find some event merchandise and food at 6.

Your friends don't need the app if you'll be scanning their tickets at the gate and booking rides (If you have Genie+).

I'm sure as the event gets closer they will give more of an idea of the schedule. When I went for Star Wars nite every ride that was normally open was open for the event.

Have fun!

You'll be able to do regular park things at 6, then more things will be available once the party officially starts at 9 and the non- party guests leave. You can usually find some event merchandise and food at 6.

Your friends don't need the app if you'll be scanning their tickets at the gate and booking rides (If you have Genie+).

I'm sure as the event gets closer they will give more of an idea of the schedule. When I went for Star Wars nite every ride that was normally open was open for the event.

Have fun!
We won't have genie plus if are just have the DIsney After Dark tickets? Or can we buy Genie plus for the 6-9 time frame? So confused. Also for the photo pass, does everyone need the app? Last question, the last magic band I had was for WDW, and was the old style. Are they obsolete, or can a WDW basic magic band be used in Disneyland?

We won't have genie plus if are just have the DIsney After Dark tickets? Or can we buy Genie plus for the 6-9 time frame? So confused. Also for the photo pass, does everyone need the app? Last question, the last magic band I had was for WDW, and was the old style. Are they obsolete, or can a WDW basic magic band be used in Disneyland?
You could buy Genie plus if you wanted to, but it would still cost the same as a full day of Genie+. You won't need it for the event, I only mentioned in case you were spending the day in the park before going to Sweethearts nite.

Only one person needs to have photo pass. You can later share the pictures with your friends. I'd suggest getting Genie+ at least for you if you want to have photopass, since it's included.

I'm not sure about the Magic band because I've never tried using a WDW at Disneyland.

Are they obsolete, or can a WDW basic magic band be used in Disneyland?

Only the Magic Band + can be used at Disneyland. So if by "old style", you mean the first two generations of Magic Band (original and 2), then no, it won't do anything at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter