**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I have one day at the parks before my cruise, Friday Feb 21 and am hoping beyond hope there will be DAH that night. I was poking around trying to get a handle on my trip and they just released EMM for that period, hoping they will schedule DAH as well - I think they are trying to get a handle on whether they are going to do a similar event at HS - they used to run it on Fridays. I am still hoping they will end up with DAH on friday at MK when I want it though - right now the only Friday DAH occurs after the only Thursday EMM (Jan 16/17) and I'm hoping they continue that trend with Thursday EMM all throughout February.

Also it occurred to me that the end of DAH hours coincides roughly with the start of Festival of the Arts at Epcot about which there is zero information - so I am wondering if they just have not looked globally at that part of the schedule yet - I guess they would figure AK is set but what is going on at HS/MK/Epcot is up in the air it seems.

So I noticed that they are doing Early Morning Magic at MK in February. Anyone else think that this means no AH at MK in February?

So I noticed that they are doing Early Morning Magic at MK in February. Anyone else think that this means no AH at MK in February?

I personally don’t think the two are related.

Unless Disney has deemed offering DAH in Feb not profitable enough to change what they have done the past three years (which doesn’t seem that likely to me), we’ll see DAH in Feb again. Probably just the usual triangulating of the calendars to whatever suits Disney’s needs and such.

Are you hoping for a Monday or Thursday MK DAH in spring? LOL
I’m hoping for Monday. I have both Monday and Thursday open just in case, although I’m not sure they would do MK DAH on the same night as AK DAH. But who knows :confused3 LOL. I will basically adjust my days to be able to do MK DAH. And will be checking often :laughing:

I’m hoping for Monday. I have both Monday and Thursday open just in case, although I’m not sure they would do MK DAH on the same night as AK DAH. But who knows :confused3 LOL. I will basically adjust my days to be able to do MK DAH. And will be checking often :laughing:

I need either a Thursday or Sunday night for it to work in our plans. Fingers Crossed

I need either a Thursday or Sunday night for it to work in our plans. Fingers Crossed
Any day but Sunday, pretty much :rotfl: Monday would be great; I doubt it would be Thursday because of the AK DAH (for our week).
Ahh. Good point about AK. I was thinking back to last spring when it was on Thursday. I guess only time will tell. Wednesday would not work for my plans, but that is typically EMH so hopefully it works out!

I'm still hoping for Friday even though that hasn't been the trend.. there is one right before MLK day and I'm going during president's week.

I'm still hoping for Friday even though that hasn't been the trend.. there is one right before MLK day and I'm going during president's week.
Hoping for the same, Friday before which is also Valentine’s Day. It was an MK DAH last year. Last year it was just a Thursday that fit the typical schedule though. 🤞 they offer it this Valentine’s day.

Hoping for the same, Friday before which is also Valentine’s Day. It was an MK DAH last year. Last year it was just a Thursday that fit the typical schedule though. 🤞 they offer it this Valentine’s day.
that one Friday before MLK day (and after a thursday morning EMM when the rest of the month doesn't have any thursday morning EMM - and all of February does) is giving me hope. I just have ONE day at the parks before my cruise, that would really rock it!

Reactions: CJN
Any chance they will add Monday, January 27th if/when they release next block of dates?
always a chance but no one knows.

I'm kind of hoping that they will figure out this timing when they release info on festival of the arts, because the DAH hours stop right about when Festival of the arts opens. Last year they released the broadway concert info around November 8th so hoping in a month (hoping for less even)

Do folks with APs feel this is worth the extra $? I generally feel that having the AP means I can go back and experience the ride on another day if it's too crowded on one trip.

Do folks with APs feel this is worth the extra $? I generally feel that having the AP means I can go back and experience the ride on another day if it's too crowded on one trip.

I'm an AP, and yes, I find it worth it. But obviously it very much depends on your circumstances/what you want out of a park visit.

We're out of state and while we have been doing several trips per year, most of them are short 2-4 nighter type trips. So, I look for ways maximize park time, and sometimes DAH fits the plan.

Plus for us, DAH isn't necessarily all about rides (although that's a huge part of it) - there is appeal in the park ambiance, the lower'ish crowds as you move around the park, the time to take unique photos, the opportunity to actually hear the ambient sounds of the different lands, etc. That part has a lot of value for us.

I'm an AP, and yes, I find it worth it. But obviously it very much depends on your circumstances/what you want out of a park visit.

We're out of state and while we have been doing several trips per year, most of them are short 2-4 nighter type trips. So, I look for ways maximize park time, and sometimes DAH fits the plan.

Plus for us, DAH isn't necessarily all about rides (although that's a huge part of it) - there is appeal in the park ambiance, the lower'ish crowds as you move around the park, the time to take unique photos, the opportunity to actually hear the ambient sounds of the different lands, etc. That part has a lot of value for us.

Yep, what he said.

Part of our group usually has APs when we go, and when the parks are really busy, we definitely think it's worth the money. We can't make ourselves do rope-drop, so if we are going to enjoy anything during Spring Break, we need the after hours. Now, if Disney would just go ahead and make up their minds about DAH in 2020, I'd really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter