• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So, what happens at the start of the event when there are still regular day guests in the park and in line? Do you get to skip the line once the event starts?

I’m sorry I just do not see the appeal in paying $125 pp to be in animal kingdom at night. Hollywood studios is a so-so one for me. I could see us maybe trying that out but I feel like ak is a huge park so lots of back tracking and there isn’t hardly anything to do there imo.

DD & I are attending on 1/28 the 1st day of our trip, and now I'm eyeing DAH-HS on 2/2 our last park day. It would be the perfect way to bookend our trip.

So during the last few DAH events were people let in at 6? I understand the technical time to be let in is 7 but trying to figure out when we should arrive at MK. Don't want to be there at 6 and have to wait an hour to be let in...

So during the last few DAH events were people let in at 6? I understand the technical time to be let in is 7 but trying to figure out when we should arrive at MK. Don't want to be there at 6 and have to wait an hour to be let in...

Yeah, it was 6pm for all but the first few 2018 events. After those first two dates, it seemed to be 6pm consistently from there on out.

Does anyone know how many tickets you can buy with a single AP discount?

This topic comes up from time to time on these threads, and to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever seen an affirmative/reliable answer. If you find out from a reliable source, I’d love to know the answer!

This topic comes up from time to time on these threads, and to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever seen an affirmative/reliable answer. If you find out from a reliable source, I’d love to know the answer!
I’ve seen conflicting info, but will keep looking (and hoping).

I’m sorry I just do not see the appeal in paying $125 pp to be in animal kingdom at night. Hollywood studios is a so-so one for me. I could see us maybe trying that out but I feel like ak is a huge park so lots of back tracking and there isn’t hardly anything to do there imo.

My husband and I were just having this discussion yesterday. We're doing a (mostly) resort-only short trip in February and going to the MK DAH on 2/14. There is an AK DAH on 2/13, so we were tentatively talking about adding that on, but in the end...we concluded that we wouldn't get as much value out of AK. He gets motion sick with too many back-to-back coaster rides or screen rides, so even if we could ride Flight of Passage half a dozen times with low waits, he wouldn't be up for that. And Everest, he's limited to 2-3 times in a row without a significant break. Now...if it was just me, I could probably do nothing but ride FoP over and over again for the entire event, haha!

I really wish that there was an available DAH at Hollywood Studios while we will be there, because we haven't been to HS in 2 or 3 years and I would really enjoy getting to see the new Toy Story Land with low crowds. But maybe that will give us an excuse to plan another short trip! :)

My husband and I were just having this discussion yesterday. We're doing a (mostly) resort-only short trip in February and going to the MK DAH on 2/14. There is an AK DAH on 2/13, so we were tentatively talking about adding that on, but in the end...we concluded that we wouldn't get as much value out of AK. He gets motion sick with too many back-to-back coaster rides or screen rides, so even if we could ride Flight of Passage half a dozen times with low waits, he wouldn't be up for that. And Everest, he's limited to 2-3 times in a row without a significant break. Now...if it was just me, I could probably do nothing but ride FoP over and over again for the entire event, haha!

I really wish that there was an available DAH at Hollywood Studios while we will be there, because we haven't been to HS in 2 or 3 years and I would really enjoy getting to see the new Toy Story Land with low crowds. But maybe that will give us an excuse to plan another short trip! :)
With everyone wanting FoP I am guessing they will need to run the pre-show to manage flow and there would probably be a wait. I'm not sure how this will work out for people but curious to hear.

With everyone wanting FoP I am guessing they will need to run the pre-show to manage flow and there would probably be a wait. I'm not sure how this will work out for people but curious to hear.

Very true! I'm interested to see how many actual attractions are open during AK's DAH events. If there are only a few, FoP waits may not be short although no fast passes should speed things up at least a little bit. I love AK, but it definitely works better as a daytime park. So much of the ambiance is better enjoyed before dark, plus all of the animal encounters.

The OFFICIAL rule is Passholder + 3 guests. Now whether or not that is enforced is another story altogether.
This would certainly work for me! :) I am debating upgrading my 8 day PH to an Annual Pass after we arrive, but I might be taking a gamble on the party still being available at that point. Hmmm....

We'll be there on January 28th! Can't wait, this will be our 3rd year in a row doing a DAH event :)

Apologies in advance for the long post/question:

We (DH, me, DD7) are going in February. First time back to WDW since 2009. Short stay prior to Disney cruise. Tentative agenda:

Tuesday 2/5: arrive, dinner at Ohana
Wednesday, 2/6: MK day, CRT bkfst @ 810, BOG dinner @ 415, After Fireworks Dessert Party
Thursday 2/7: AK day, Tiffins dinner @ 505, possibly head over to MK for MK DAH?
Friday, 2/8: Resort day (staying @ Poly), swim, shop, etc, HDDR dinner @ 615
Saturday, 2/9: leave for cruise

My first thought when I just saw the DAH for 2/7 was "darn, I should switch my MK and AK day around". But, we really want to keep our MK ADR's and the After Fireworks party, as we may not be back to WDW for several years, if at all.

My second thought was "holy cow, we're going to be EXHAUSTED after those two long days!". But - we can sleep in on Friday, the TS dinners should give us a chance to recoup, and darn it, it's only 2 days! :)

So, my questions (having never been to DAH, having been 10 years since being at WDW at all, knowing basically nothing lol):

1. Should I do DAH, having just spent a whole day at MK the day prior? (my gut says yes, makes the day prior less chaotic, makes FP's that I may/may not get less important, etc)
2. Best transportation option from AK after dinner at Tiffins over to MK?
3. Will I get to MK 'in time' to enjoy DAH if my Tiffins dinner ADR is at 505?

One more thing: the cost isn't stopping me at all. It IS expensive, but I've been saving for this trip of a lifetime for a while now, we can swing it. It's more the "is that too much time in MK?" thing that's making me pause.

Thank you all so much - I cannot tell you all how much info I've gotten from these boards!!!!

Dh and I were talking about how ak has all of the shows and the safari so those things wouldn’t be open. There just isn’t much to ride there to make it worth it for us. $125 is a lot pp for only 3-4 rides. If the safari stays open, that would slightly change my mind, but not much.

Hs sounds more appealing each time I think about it. We’ve ridden everything there but I actually really like slinky. I think it will still have a wait but obviously not anything like during the day. Dh and I LOVE rnrc and tot. They have quickly been jumping up our list of favorite rides. I could see us riding rnrc over and over.

Apologies in advance for the long post/question:

We (DH, me, DD7) are going in February. First time back to WDW since 2009. Short stay prior to Disney cruise. Tentative agenda:

Tuesday 2/5: arrive, dinner at Ohana
Wednesday, 2/6: MK day, CRT bkfst @ 810, BOG dinner @ 415, After Fireworks Dessert Party
Thursday 2/7: AK day, Tiffins dinner @ 505, possibly head over to MK for MK DAH?
Friday, 2/8: Resort day (staying @ Poly), swim, shop, etc, HDDR dinner @ 615
Saturday, 2/9: leave for cruise

My first thought when I just saw the DAH for 2/7 was "darn, I should switch my MK and AK day around". But, we really want to keep our MK ADR's and the After Fireworks party, as we may not be back to WDW for several years, if at all.

My second thought was "holy cow, we're going to be EXHAUSTED after those two long days!". But - we can sleep in on Friday, the TS dinners should give us a chance to recoup, and darn it, it's only 2 days! :)

So, my questions (having never been to DAH, having been 10 years since being at WDW at all, knowing basically nothing lol):

1. Should I do DAH, having just spent a whole day at MK the day prior? (my gut says yes, makes the day prior less chaotic, makes FP's that I may/may not get less important, etc)
2. Best transportation option from AK after dinner at Tiffins over to MK?
3. Will I get to MK 'in time' to enjoy DAH if my Tiffins dinner ADR is at 505?

One more thing: the cost isn't stopping me at all. It IS expensive, but I've been saving for this trip of a lifetime for a while now, we can swing it. It's more the "is that too much time in MK?" thing that's making me pause.

Thank you all so much - I cannot tell you all how much info I've gotten from these boards!!!!
I don’t think that would be too much time at mk at all, especially because you have so many other things taking up time at the park and your dd7 should have tons to do there. There are so many rides and character meets that she could enjoy during dah which would help make your other mk day not as stressful.

I will say that having an adr starting at 5:05 that isn’t close to mk might not be a good idea. Maybe see if you can move it earlier or switch to a different adr at one of the mk resorts. If you are determined to keep your adr and cost isn’t an issue I would take a Minnie van to get to the mk after dinner.

This would certainly work for me! :) I am debating upgrading my 8 day PH to an Annual Pass after we arrive, but I might be taking a gamble on the party still being available at that point. Hmmm....

I'm pretty sure I've heard of people calling in their order and receiving the AP discount if they say they are planning to upgrade to an AP upon arrival. You would then need to show a valid AP in order to collect the tickets. I believe that's how it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter