Disney+ and Satan

I'd argue this entire topic was steeped in politics since this show was brought up by Bridget Ziegler or some other culture warrior at the Reedy Creek bill signing with a certain head of the state WDW resides in. That's probably why it got on the OP's radar.

Dude, that comment is like 4 days old. No one responded to it and you are bringing it back. You are the one bringing politics into it.
Dude, well I just saw it. I'm willing to bet in your short time you have been on these boards you have responded to a comment that was 4 or more days old.

Dude, well I just saw it. I'm willing to bet in your short time you have been on these boards you have responded to a comment that was 4 or more days old.
:confused3The 4 days are only relevant because of what you were commenting on. Doesn't apply for most things :).

Aaanyways, back to Satan. 😈

I'm in the "if it's not your thing, don't watch it" camp, as long as they're not making it available on a kids' streaming platform.

I *will* say, at the risk of sounding like a pearl-clutching Patty, I don't fully understand some of Disney's decision-making lately. It's like they WANT to give people reasons to get their undies in a bunch.

I'm in the "if it's not your thing, don't watch it" camp, as long as they're not making it available on a kids' streaming platform.

I *will* say, at the risk of sounding like a pearl-clutching Patty, I don't fully understand some of Disney's decision-making lately. It's like they WANT to give people reasons to get their undies in a bunch.
You could argue shows like Gravity Falls and Star vs. the Forces of Evil have been pushing the envelope for years on Disney Channel and Disney+. Those both tread heavily into dark territories and no one raised a stink about either. Yet this show produced in Germany, with German sensibilities is a bridge too far.

I'd argue it's a lot like what's happening with Target right now. Target has sold pride merchandise for 10 years now every June. Why is it just now becoming a big deal? Because outrage merchants are making it that way. I'd love to know which outlet got this on the OP's radar. I have my guesses and it's the typical people who gin up hatred and sow division to get clicks.

Last edited:

Yeah, like @mdmost said, it's not that Disney is giving reasons, it's that people are finding reasons. Outrage is being weaponized.

Last edited:
Just caught up to this thread and it seems like the issue OP and those that agree have is that this show and shows like it shouldn't be on a platform for kids. Firstly, I doubt that this show will be on the kids profiles on Disney+. Secondly, it's the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their kids are watching, not the platform or the show itself. This conversion really reminds me of parents that complain about their kids playing rated M video games. Uh, you bought it for them...?

Just caught up to this thread and it seems like the issue OP and those that agree have is that this show and shows like it shouldn't be on a platform for kids. Firstly, I doubt that this show will be on the kids profiles on Disney+. Secondly, it's the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their kids are watching, not the platform or the show itself. This conversion really reminds me of parents that complain about their kids playing rated M video games. Uh, you bought it for them...?
Pretty sure it's a show that will be on Hulu, not Disney+. But at some point those two will merge into one app. But yes, that's why parental controls exist. I don't want my two teenage kids watching any of the Deadpool movies and we have the content lock enabled so that does not happen.

Pretty sure it's a show that will be on Hulu, not Disney+. But at some point those two will merge into one app. But yes, that's why parental controls exist. I don't want my two teenage kids watching any of the Deadpool movies and we have the content enabled so that does not happen.
Gotcha, I didn't even know that it was on Hulu and not on Disney+. Then OP's complaint makes even less sense. Regardless, yeah parents should make sure what their kids are watching is appropriate for them. It's not the show's fault if your kid watched it. Also like others have said, this is a German show where it's common and normalized to cover topics like this.

Gotcha, I didn't even know that it was on Hulu and not on Disney+. Then OP's complaint makes even less sense. Regardless, yeah parents should make sure what their kids are watching is appropriate for them. It's not the show's fault if you're offended. Also like others have said, this is a German show where it's common and normalized to cover topics like this.
I may be incorrect on this but I think overseas, the Disney+ app contains everything so Hulu + Disney+ are all in the same environment. Here in the US, they're still separate apps so there's less worry about content kids shouldn't be seeing like Fargo. Again, I could be wrong. This could be a Disney+ show that would be on most Disney+ apps.

I may be incorrect on this but I think overseas, the Disney+ app contains everything so Hulu + Disney+ are all in the same environment. Here in the US, they're still separate apps so there's less worry about content kids shouldn't be seeing like Fargo. Again, I could be wrong. This could be a Disney+ show that would be on most Disney+ apps.
You are correct! And I'm sure that show wouldn't even be the "worse" on the platform. The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Horror Story (all seasons and subseasons) as well as hundreds of horror movies and shows are all there for viewers pleasure.

This is were ~parenting~ comes in to make sure that kids aren't watching adult content. Same as any other streaming platform.

Yes - in Canada it is all on one platform not seperate apps. I, for one like that, but our kids have grown and left the nest. If they were still little, I would just lock them out of programming that I didn't think was appropriate for them. If they didn't have more adult shows, I probably wouldn't subscibe to Disney+ but that is what it is all about. You subscribe to what interests you, you watch shows that interest you. If it doesn't - don't watch or don't subscribe.

I had a "kids" profile for my toddler and there were several kids movies that weren't available, like Moana. I had to switch him to a regular profile (with parental controls, so nothing over PG) so he could get those movies. I accidentally tried to watch Mandalorian when I was still logged into his profile and it wouldn't play, so I don't think anyone needs to worry about kids accidentally watching this Pauline show, unless their parents aren't being parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter