Disney at HOME... Only for the holidays.

Robo, Will you marry me? :lovestruc :lovestruc :worship:

Oh, wait. Never mind. I'm already married. :rolleyes1
shoot. no one in my household could ever hope to see the beauty in that creation of yours!:rolleyes:

Yikes! Robo, my hat goes off to you!! That's a lot of time, work and dedication, to say the least. It looks like you've crafted some wonderful homemade creations, in addition to those purchased from the parks. I especially loved Splash Mountain - was that one of your creations or was it something purchased?

That is just awesome! I would love to do something like that, but I do daycare and the kids would have it apart in a matter of minutes, and boy that looks like a lot of work. I can see why it only goes up once in a while. Thanks for sharing.

Another question for you...

Did you collect the pieces over a period of time, or have you had to purchase off online auction sites as well?

I especially loved Splash Mountain - was that one of your creations or was it something purchased?

I put it together by combining basic "hobby parts" available off-the-shelf.

It's not to scale and it does not look "exactly like" the real thing, but it gives the "suggestion" of Splash Mtn.

The "logs" are cut-open pill bottles (found some with a nice shape) with Popsicle sticks cut and glued-in for seats.

I used fountain pumps to recirculate the water
and propel the "logs" (just like in the real ride.)

I'm flattered that so many Disser's like the set-up!

Robo, that's super cool!!! I really loved Splash. I couldn't believe when I read you made it! I was kind of mad to 'cause I want one! :rotfl2:

That is awesome:goodvibes . I would probably want it up all year long! Get my fix on a daily basis.

It wouldn't "stay up" too long over the year, I'm afraid.

We have an interested 3rd party who would likely see to it that some
of the rides came down. ;)

The Cat That Ate WDW

CatAteWDW-1.jpg

3-CatAteWDW.jpg

WOW!!! You did such an amazing job on it. I absolutely LOVE it!

My cats would be doing the same thing. Too cute!

Robo, Will you marry me? :lovestruc
Oh, wait. Never mind. I'm already married. :rolleyes1
:

Me, too.
And, I know that I am sooooo lucky that my wife has always loved Disney as much as I do!

ADDED:

Another "Christmas Room" (Dining Room this time)
that gets special treatment for the Holidays.

Dining Room CARNIVAL

Robo-both of the videos are so amazing, incredible, outstanding, astonishing, _____ (insert adjective here)!!! WOW!

Did you collect the pieces over a period of time, or have you had to purchase off online auction sites as well?

We bought them right along as they were released for sale.

We started with 2 monorails the very first time I saw they had them.
Then, with the help of my sister and her family who live in San Diego (1 hour south of Disneyland) we bought each additional piece, over time.

At the time we started buying these, we had no idea how short a time they
would produce them.
Nearly everything in the set has become a "collector's item."

Thank you for sharing that. One week ago today, I was there. You took me back. I'm smiling again.

I put it together by combining basic "hobby parts" available off-the-shelf.

It's not to scale and it does not look "exactly like" the real thing, but it gives the "suggestion" of Splash Mtn.

The "logs" are cut-open pill bottles (found some with a nice shape) with Popsicle sticks cut and glued-in for seats.

I used fountain pumps to recirculate the water
and propel the "logs" (just like in the real ride.)

I'm flattered that so many Disser's like the set-up!
Robo, that is amazing! When I saw the video, I was sure you had to have bought Splash Mountain somewhere a long time ago, it looked so professional. Disney ought to hire you for merchandise design! I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Thanks so much for sharing with us; the entire display is great. Love the carnival room too.

It wouldn't "stay up" too long over the year, I'm afraid.

We have an interested 3rd party who would likely see to it that some
of the rides came down. ;)

The Cat That Ate WDW

CatAteWDW-1.jpg

3-CatAteWDW.jpg

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter