Disney Career Start Program

Hi everyone! I have a lot of questions, so if you all could help me out that'd be great! Okay, so I will be starting my senior year of hs this fall and will graduate in June. My best friend and I wanted to do the CS program but we still want to go to college. Is it possible to do the CS program just for the summer? like for 3 months? If not, how does the CP work then? Would I just do one semester of college, then do the CP, then go back to college? My goal is to get a job running one of the parks at WDW someday or something to do with a more business type job at WDW. Would doing one of these programs be a good start if I want something like that? If not, is there some other program that would be a good foot in the door so I could eventually get a higher up job at WDW? Answers to any of these questions will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Hi everyone! I have a lot of questions, so if you all could help me out that'd be great! Okay, so I will be starting my senior year of hs this fall and will graduate in June. My best friend and I wanted to do the CS program but we still want to go to college. Is it possible to do the CS program just for the summer? like for 3 months? If not, how does the CP work then? Would I just do one semester of college, then do the CP, then go back to college? My goal is to get a job running one of the parks at WDW someday or something to do with a more business type job at WDW. Would doing one of these programs be a good start if I want something like that? If not, is there some other program that would be a good foot in the door so I could eventually get a higher up job at WDW? Answers to any of these questions will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Well first off congrats on finally being a senior. :) I dont believe its possible for summer CS. its either fall or spring. I think in order for the CP you must at least have a semester done. You can apply your first semester for your second. I would think doing either CS or CP would be a great start to further your career with Disney. A lot of the people in the programs, get full time or part time jobs with Disney. But there are professional intership programs you can apply for. It just takes a little research. If you are interested in the CP or internships check out the other posts, they would have a ton more information on those programs there. :))

I hope that helped some

hey everybody! i just have some questions, if anybody could help me out. sorry if they've already been asked, i didn't have time to look through all these pages though, haha. so i have a friend who's doing the college program right now (fall advantage), so she'll be done in january. she isn't planning on going back to college, so she wants to apply for the career start program next fall and go down with me. is this even possible to do after you've already done a college program? any details would be lovely. :)

thanks a bunch!

Well first off congrats on finally being a senior. :) I dont believe its possible for summer CS. its either fall or spring. I think in order for the CP you must at least have a semester done. You can apply your first semester for your second. I would think doing either CS or CP would be a great start to further your career with Disney. A lot of the people in the programs, get full time or part time jobs with Disney. But there are professional intership programs you can apply for. It just takes a little research. If you are interested in the CP or internships check out the other posts, they would have a ton more information on those programs there. :))

I hope that helped some

Thank you so much! It did help! :goodvibes

hey everybody! i just have some questions, if anybody could help me out. sorry if they've already been asked, i didn't have time to look through all these pages though, haha. so i have a friend who's doing the college program right now (fall advantage), so she'll be done in january. she isn't planning on going back to college, so she wants to apply for the career start program next fall and go down with me. is this even possible to do after you've already done a college program? any details would be lovely. :)

thanks a bunch!

She can do another College Program by then, I don't know about CareerStart. As far as I know, you can do as many College Programs, and CareerStart(as long you're still in the radius of 4 years after graduating high school). So everything should be fine. You two may not be able to room together, but you two will be able to share the memories. :)

Hey im new and a senior. i am a huge disney freak and when i saw this program i was sooo excited to know i could go work at disney
Wow there is just soo much info on here. but yet i still have questions...
1) what type of housing is there for Disneyland in Cali?
2)Would i be considered a college student?
3)Do i get benefits?
4)Could i get scholarships for the program?
5)does it cost to start the program?

Hey im new and a senior. i am a huge disney freak and when i saw this program i was sooo excited to know i could go work at disney
Not for the CareerStart Program :sad2:
They say that when you arrive there, you are treated as if you are on the college progrm. But you are not considered a student
3)Do i get benefits?
There are many discounts offered to Cast Members, and you get into the parks whenever yo want for free! lol
No, not for this
There is a 100 dollar confermation fee. But after that, you pay for your own groceries and stuff. And if you are at WDW, your housing rent is taken right our of your paycheck

lol I did my best. hope I helped

3)Do i get benefits?

i would personally like to say. HELLO! you interested in doing the spring 2011 program?

The next 30 day will go quick unless they do what they did to me. 2weeks before my feb11 arrive date they called and told me that they canelled the program. I could go may 20th summer or FA, or aug... I did may 20 2009 to Feb 2010.
CS don't get any love. You will most likely be living in vista way with other CS people. It worked out that there where 3 cs apt on the same floor of building 20. 2005 (the only nonwellness cs apt), 2006 and 2008 where all cs apt... pm me if you got any question Done 2 CS program maybe doing a CP in next year or two. Sorry for all mispelling and grammer

So it is possible to do back to back Career Start Programs.....

So it is possible to do back to back Career Start Programs.....
Back to back.... my program where space out over a yr and half. I had to wait 6months to let my record card reset. I had to many call in. You maybe able to do it back to back but it not likely. You have 4 yrs after hs to do the cs program. You can extend your program up to one year if you keep you record card clean and what not.

Back to back.... my program where space out over a yr and half. I had to wait 6months to let my record card reset. I had to many call in. You maybe able to do it back to back but it not likely. You have 4 yrs after hs to do the cs program. You can extend your program up to one year if you keep you record card clean and what not.

Do they request the extension with their immediate supervisor or would they contact CS personal to request the extension?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter