Disney Dining Plan 2014 prices

I like the no worry/no skimping/feeling like a cheapo while on vacation! if it's all the same, $58 out pocket or $58 with the plan, I'll take the plan for $58, please

The last time we were there, it was $38 per adult I think. Now I'm starting to wonder if its worth it. Like someone above stated, when we buy it, we have to make it worth the money like doing Character meals. It really makes for a busy schedule..
At the current price point, figuring out what you want ahead of time is very important. (Both in terms of food items, food quantity, and what you're getting out of the plan).

If you're looking to dine mostly at the higher end places, higher end menu items, and sticking to the offered entitlements, it can work out. (Note: it doesn't have to be the "most expensive items at the most expensive places" as is touted a lot, but you do have to stick to the upper half to upper third.)

If you think you're going to stray, or want too much non-included stuff but not much of the included stuff, it's typically best to pass.

Part of the calculations is also how much the prepaid and credit-based system influence your dining. Some people prefer the prepaid/credits as they'd be concerned about how much they're spending at dining time. Some prefer OOP because they'd be concerned with making sure that they're getting their money's worth. Neither is right or wrong and it's all in how you apply it to your trip.

Myself, I'm one of the former. I'm pretty bad about saving money, so socking it away into a plan works better for me. Of course, being picky, I typically look to steak or other beef-based menu items, which naturally drives my costs up anyway.

Just got back from the World and we ate OOP this trip.
The DDP would have cost our family $2413.08 for 12 nights.

We ate OOP and spent $1681.01
This number includes some beer and wine. It also includes the gratuity. When you use a TIW card it automatically adds a 18% gratuity.

Difference of $732.07

We are a family of 5 with 3 "adults" and 2 children.

One thing we found was that we weren't eating as much. We rarely had a dessert with QS meals. We bought bottles of water because it was so hot the whole time we were there. My husband lost 5 lbs in the 12 days we were there. Not as much eating and not as much sweet stuff.

We did breakfasts at Chef Mickeys, Tusker House, Swan's Grand Garden and Boma.
Lunch at Tonys
Suppers at Sci Fi, Rainforest Cafe, and The Land (Chip 'n' Dale).

We ate one meal at a restaurant out of the parks.

We did not hold back on what we ate and drank. We purchased way more water as it was hot and we wanted cold bottles. We bought slushies a lot more than we normally would due to the heat.

I am happy we ate OOP. I found that with the DDP I was always conscious of what we ate and how many credits we had left. I felt like we HAD to eat our worth and not go home with unused credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter