Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW dine gives you a direct link via text. It's immediate. Scout just gives you the info, and then you have to go to WDW MDE and grab the ADR yourself. Don't know about Buddy. Hope this helps.

I get direct links from Buddy and Scout through my text alerts. If you click on the link and it doesn't take directly to the reservation, that means it's already gone. I've had that happen a few times, too.

I have.

And CRT.
And 'Ohana.
And Cali Grill.

In fact, we have every single reservation we want, within 30 minutes of our ideal timing (most AT our ideal time).

Well, everything except Wishes Dessert Party. (Which we were hoping for for my son's birthday.)

Last night, while driving to Orlando, Wishes Dessert Party came through.

First on Scout, then moments later on Buddy.

Well worth the $20 total I spent on these services.

apps like this could be virus ridden
They're not apps, they're websites. You have to go to their website to sign up. I've never heard of nor had any issues with them. I'm not worried at all. I've scored numerous ADRs using them!! They're awesome!! I'm sure if they were dangerous we would have heard something by now...if you're concerned, don't use them.

Yep, got one with WDW tools for a MVMCP night! Very happy, then tried scout and got Minnie's H&V dinner for F! date and time I wanted. Also got a BOG early am brkfst (pre park opening) with WDW tools. None of these ADRs were available at my 180 days out! I had 2 searches going by the different companies, BOG came up quicker on tools, and Minnie came up quicker with scout. Not sure why, but so glad I got them. Will absolutely use them again!

What specific WDW tools? TIA

What specific WDW tools? TIA
WDW tools is the actual name of the service that monitors ADRs for you for a fee. There are 3 that I am aware of, Dining Scout, Disney Dining Buddy, and the aforementioned WDW Dine. There may be more, these are just the ones I am aware of. None of them guarantee the ADR, they all use computer software to monitor the ADRs you want and then text you when one becomes available. In my experience you have about 30 minutes (no more) to log on and grab the ADR.

My scout has quit sending me text alerts! I had 5 email alerts but the text option was turned off in my settings and it won't let me turn it back on!! Anyone else have this happen? I'm hoping to tweak one ADR time and these alerts were for the perfect time but I missed it because I didn't get any texts!! :sad2:

My scout has quit sending me text alerts! I had 5 email alerts but the text option was turned off in my settings and it won't let me turn it back on!! Anyone else have this happen? I'm hoping to tweak one ADR time and these alerts were for the perfect time but I missed it because I didn't get any texts!! :sad2:
I think (not positive) that you can only get one or the other with scout. So try turning off email notifications and see if you are then able to turn on text. Hope this works!

Also@22Tink there is a contact email address on scout. If you are not able to fix it, or if you feel you deserve more time because of the error, contact them. I'm sure they will try to make it right for you! After all they want happy customers so we post good things on the forums! Lol!

I think (not positive) that you can only get one or the other with scout. So try turning off email notifications and see if you are then able to turn on text. Hope this works!
I was getting both text and email but all of a sudden the texts just quit!

Also@22Tink there is a contact email address on scout. If you are not able to fix it, or if you feel you deserve more time because of the error, contact them. I'm sure they will try to make it right for you! After all they want happy customers so we post good things on the forums! Lol!
Thanks I just emailed them!!

I was skeptical. This sounded too good to be true, and I figured there HAD to be a catch.

But…after desperately trying to score a last-minute BOG meal for Hubby and I for our upcoming November Wine & Dine Half-Marathon vacation, with no success at all, I figured I would give it a chance. What did I have to lose??!!

I signed up for it at 6:30 pm…and just now, at 8:45 p.m. CDT, I got the alert that a BOG lunch was available.

I immediately got into my MDE app and scored the reservation. I'm a believer. :)

Now back to your regular scheduled broadcasting. ;)

Adding my experience! I signed up for a free search on Scout and got nothing for several weeks. So near the end of July I signed up for a paid search. I think that got me four searches. I put in two for the one I really needed (different two hour blocks) and waited.

And waited.

After about two weeks I got bored and suspicious, so I put in a third search, to try to "perfect" the time of an existing ADR that I have. Got some hits on that right away (of course never when I could get promptly online and reserve it. But this has been more of a test anyway and I have time to go still) Still nothing on the one I was really seeking.

Finally, after about 4-5 weeks, I got my notice, and it was about 7:30 pm, and I was immediately able to log on through MDE on my phone and snag it. YAY! Within two days I had gotten another alert, for a time about 20 minutes earlier than what I already had.

Summary: the paid version does seem to work, eventually. I'm torn about these services, because I do feel it contributes to problems using the system and I have heard rumors of other services that apparently book reservations and release them to paying clients. Which is a bit unethical in my opinion. But we wouldn't be using them if Disney would review and fix the flaws in their methods for ADRs.

I've had a little luck with Scout and was able to get into Coral Reef when I wanted, but now I haven't heard anything else. Maybe because I'm looking for the more in demand restaurants? CM, BOG and Tusker House? Based on other peoples reviews, I'm wondering if I shouldn't give Dining Buddy a shot too.

I signed up for Scout on August 31, got a hit for sci-fi on September 2 (albeit not at a time that's ideal, still waiting for a better time on that one) and a notification today for California Grill on a party night just before Hallowishes. $3.99 well spent in my opinion for that reservation alone and I've still got a couple left. (I'm sure they will be used within that six months!). Another endorsement for Scout and patience! :hourglass

I have not ever tried those sites. I think I might now thought, with my Disney trip being only 2 weeks away.

I do have one critique of Dining Scout. If you are looking for a specific time you are going to get false positives from the hour on each side of the search criteria. Eg I was looking for a 4:30 BD but kept getting alerted for 3:40 BDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter