Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dining Buddy has definitely done a better job for me; however, I have snagged a few ADR's using Dining Scout. For $4 it's worth giving a try. $8 per reservation gets to be expensive.

I have both scout and buddy. I got buddy first because I didn't know about scout. They've both pulled through for me in getting the ADRs I want. In hindsight, I'd only use scout because it's easier in the wallet.

I'll admit I was skeptical and generally opposed to paying for something I can do for free, but decided to give dining scout a try. It has come through twice for me in the last two weeks (actually 3 times, but one of them was gone by the time I got the text.) Consider me a convert.

I am also a convert to scout, I decided to give it a try this year for our trip in a couple of weeks. I ended up modifying some of my plans and had to get some hard to get reservations past the 180 + 10 and scout came through with everything. A week to go until my trip and I have everything I wanted. It took a little while for them to all come through but I certainly didn't have the time to troll MDE looking for reservations at all hours of the day and night (except when I was on the hunt for my Minnie reservation for November:)

I have had luck with Buddy and gotten an alert from scout but didn't get to it quick enough. I haven't had much activity for either over the last few weeks:/

So I have given Disney Dining Scout a whirl for the past month and wanted to let everyone know about it that is looking for a more seamless way of finding ADRs past their 180+10. It's a website (and Android app that I haven't tried) and there is a free version and a paid version. The difference is the site will e-mail or text you when an ADR becomes available vs. the free version you're looking at the page yourself (and refreshing). What makes it useful is if you're looking at multiple days and multiple restaurants it puts them in list form and will show you the times available.

12361_800.jpg

So far it has helped me get several ADRs and showed me all of the times that became available within a couple of hours of the reservation time I wanted. At one point I had a list of about 8 different dates/restaurants and whenever one became available there would be a smiley face next to it with the time. I just keep the page open and refresh now and then throughout the day.

Hopefully some of you will find this site as useful as I did! https://app.disneydining.io/
I just want to encourage people to contact them if you have a problem. They are very helpful.

I have both Buddy and Scout for a couple days now and still have gotten any notifications. I am trying to get BOG lunch and Minnie dinner for first week of Nov. Hopefully I will get something soon

People have mentioned being logged onto the Disney site, so they can jump on an ADR when they get a notification. Which should I be logged onto; Walt Disney World official site or MDE?

Thanks, Lisa

I have both Buddy and Scout for a couple days now and still have gotten any notifications. I am trying to get BOG lunch and Minnie dinner for first week of Nov. Hopefully I will get something soon

Not sure what exact dates you have in mind but DDA has 2 Hollywood & Vine (the non fantasmic minnie party) for Nov 8th. One for a party of 2 and one for a party of 4.

I just got Dining Scout, but when I try to add a search, there aren't any options where it says "Pick a restaurant/dinner package." The drop down bar is grayed out and doesn't let me select or type anything.. any tips?

I just got Dining Scout, but when I try to add a search, there aren't any options where it says "Pick a restaurant/dinner package." The drop down bar is grayed out and doesn't let me select or type anything.. any tips?
Type in the name of the restaurant and the options will come up. I had that problem too.

I used the paid version ($4 - worth it) and was able to snag Minnie's dinner at HS for the exact time and day I wanted. I didn't even try the free one. And actually I didn't see the message immediately, it was about 15 minutes later when I grabbed ate ADR. Worth it for me!

I have been having great luck with Scout. Has anyone had luck securing a DINNER reservation at BOG?
Yep, got one with WDW tools for a MVMCP night! Very happy, then tried scout and got Minnie's H&V dinner for F! date and time I wanted. Also got a BOG early am brkfst (pre park opening) with WDW tools. None of these ADRs were available at my 180 days out! I had 2 searches going by the different companies, BOG came up quicker on tools, and Minnie came up quicker with scout. Not sure why, but so glad I got them. Will absolutely use them again!

People have mentioned being logged onto the Disney site, so they can jump on an ADR when they get a notification. Which should I be logged onto; Walt Disney World official site or MDE?

Thanks, Lisa

Being logged in to MDE has worked for me every time.

I sign up for the 3.99 they charged me but won't let me access why?

Are you using the app or the website? I had trouble using the app, it seems glitchy but the website sometimes is too. If you are using the website trying shutting it down and reopening, if that doesn't work try contacting them I guess.

So odd question. We are 10 days our from booking our ADRs and I am curious how the app works. When you get the text alert does it give you a direct link to get there to book it or do you need to go into a browser, search for that time and then book it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter