Disney....Down 60 (updated 2/17)

So when I dropped by last, I had just signed up for a 1/2 marathon. I have been running more in the last week than in the past few months.

6/13: C25k Week 1
6/15: C25k Week 1
6/18: C25k Week 1
6/19: 2 miles, 28.22 minutes
6/20: C25k Week 2

Tomorrow is another 30 minutes, about 2 miles. With the excessive heat, I am going to try and get up about 7am and head to the local HS track. Feeling good!

I am embracing the "turtle". I'm not trying to lose weight too fast.

I repeat.

I'm NOT trying to lose weight too fast.

It's sooooo hard sometimes to get excited about a 1/2 pound loss. But I know that this is the best way. Running is certainly helping that cause. I know that I am getting more toned quicker, but the poundage is not coming off as quick due to muscle happenings. I mean, am I excited about that? Sure! But I want that scale to go down!!!

4 miles tomorrow!!!

Thank you to any who are following/reading/commenting. It means a lot to me!

Think about a half a pound of butter and how really big that is. That is an accomplishment! And as I posted elsewhere, you could be in the part of your cycle where you are retaining a bit of water that masks weight loss.

I don't feel like I'm doing so wonderfully in the past week. As I started running, I was comfortable to let my calories slide up to 1600, 1700 because I thought I'd become more accustomed to eating less as time went on. Well, that hasn't happened and I've been too quick to eat! I'm certainly not eating horribly, or eating tons of junk, but just too much of the good stuff! (And the occasional sugar free dessert from the Fourth) I feel good when I run, but not so hot the rest of the time. Exercise and eating are important!!! Plus, I just feel soooooo much lighter when I eat right (even though it's not totally true.....but a girl can dream :) )

Woo hoo! It's so great to feel awesome! And it's even better when 190.8 shows up on the scale ;) Slow and steady! Even better, I've been doing great with the running, even taking on a few hills. Last Saturday I ran 4.7 miles!! Even though the pounds aren't dropping off super fast, I can tell that the inches are. To increase calorie burn, I am adding on some extra work on MWF. 4 years ago when I started the process the first time, I did Pilates workouts as well as C25k. Now that I'm running more miles, I was hesitant to do Pilates as well. Now I'm to the point that it is necessary. Hopefully it jumpstarts the next 10 pounds!

I've hit another goal! I am BELOW 190!!! Yes!!! It may be just below, but it's below!

Well, I'm still going strong with running. I actually had a great moment on Tuesday. I was running and all of the sudden felt that I was, for lack of a better term, gliding. I felt so free, almost weightless. I had finally hit the point that running felt so natural. Unfortunately it didn't last terribly long, only about 45 seconds. But it was an awesome 45 seconds!

And another breakthrough: tonight, Mama and I were deciding what to do with our evening. Watch something Disney of course!!! We decided on Alice and Wonderland since neither of us had seen it in awhile. But. Then I had a brilliant beyond amazing idea. Hey Mama, what if we do a quick 20 minute pilates video? With a little coaxing...and guilting...she said yes. It may not have been easy, but we both did it! She wasn't so sure she did so good, but I did my best to reassure her. I love seeing her succeed!!! She is capable of so much!

I am writing this evening after finishing a long run. How long you may ask???

I thought that I was going for a 7.5 mile run. After coming home and creating the map to log on mapmyrun....it turns out I ran 8 MILES!!!! IN 1 HOUR AND 57 MINUTES!!!! That is about a 14 minute/mile pace!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
pixiedust:

This month has had its ups and downs. Good thing? I am still at my lowest mark of 188.6. Bad news? I'm STILL at 188.6. And, my running has been non-existent the past 2 weeks. I came back from vacation and pretty well stopped. Did I over do it? Am I just lazy? Probably a bit of both.

Good thing is that I start school on Wednesday! I can't wait! It is going to be a whole new adventure being a teacher, but a rather exciting one. My biggest challenge is going to be finding my determination to finish this marathon training. I'm not trying to be the best, but I wan to be able to run across the finish line.

I also need to keep it up so that I can keep focused as I start this new job. I need to continue to focus on me, as my time will be taken up focusing on my students.

Another problem? I've already paid for the hotel and registration for the race! It's out of my bank account. I need to go!

7 weeks until the race. I'm at 8 miles, 2 hours. 5.1 miles to go! Let's go!!!!!

I've been walking....and walking....and walking. And it's been great! Nice conversation, exercise, and I'm definitely feeling it in my legs. I ran Tuesday night, and even ran 30 second sprints up hill. Boy, did I feel that in my legs this morning. They protested the second my feet hit the floor.

I've been feeling pretty good. And I think (?) I'm progressing okay. We'll see :)

We booked the trip though. 333 days! I have a LOOOONNNNNGGG way to go.

Your attention please. Now boarding for a scenic run around the river trail. All aboard!!!!!!!

Today I ran 9.22 miles in 2 hours and 22 minutes! Yes, I meant to go 10, but I'm directionally challenged and turned back .4 miles too soon. Oh well. I still feel GREAT! And even better, I didn't feel like I was totally dying afterwards. A bit winded, sure. Dying, nah!

AND. Great update: Mama and I have been walking like c.r.a.z.y. Seriously, it has been great being so consistent. But with this new regimen comes a few more pounds being lost. I'm down to 186 flat. Go me!!!! I've lost 3lbs in the last 2 weeks....after not losing for 2 months. Here we go!

Today I went and got fitted for some new running shoes. They are excellent and I can't wait to head out on the trail tomorrow. Today, I came back and took a walk with Mama. Not terribly long, but I felt better walking than I have in weeks. No soreness in the feet or feeling like things are getting pounded on the pavement. Nice and supportive :)

I'm also down to 184.6! That is awesome!!!!! I was 186 on the 22nd, so that's almost 1.5 lbs in a week. That is great for me. A decent loss but not too fast. We're doing this right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter