Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

Another quick question, I don’t remember Wishes or HEA having a sponsor, but Enchanted is sponsored by Pandora jewelry.

Am I just blanking on this or Is this the first MK nighttime show to have a sponsor?
I thought i saw last week that HEA was also sponsored by Pandora but maybe I saw the ad for Enchantment and mixed it all up.

Also, I'm wondering where the idea came up that this show was ***ABOUT*** the 50th, nothing about the parks were ever mentioned about being inclifed in the show.

In all of the press releases it was stated this would debut alongside the 50th. Never that it was the 50th show.

It clearly laid out everything we were getting story wise. I've learned to never expect more than we're told.

I am not the biggest fireworks fan, like I can take them or leave them, but honestly I thought these were pretty meh 😕 I would watch if I happened to be close by but I won’t make an effort to view it.

I understand that they want to appeal to younger fans but I found the lack of classic Disney music sad and I just didn’t care one way or the other.

I liked Harmonious better, and Tim Tracker filmed a bit with the designer of that show ( who was very clear that he did not do Enchanted) and after he walked through the intent of Harmonious , I lIke it even more.

I’m sure Enchanted will have fans, but it’s not my vibe.

Also, I'm wondering where the idea came up that this show was ***ABOUT*** the 50th, nothing about the parks were ever mentioned about being inclifed in the show.

In all of the press releases it was stated this would debut alongside the 50th. Never that it was the 50th show.

It clearly laid out everything we were getting story wise. I've learned to never expect more than we're told.
I don't recall anyone saying they were told that the show would be about the 50th; I have seen people say that given the anniversary and precedent, that would have made more sense. Disneyland's 50th anniversary fireworks show was not about Disney movies at large. Seems reasonable to think that a new show debuting specifically for the 50th (and so soon after a show was premiered) would, perhaps, tie into the 50th (which this show seemed to studiously avoid).

I’ve seen better fireworks in my town on 4th of July. This new show is horrible. HEA was much better. Enchanted looked like they just threw it together last night. What a disgrace. But I’m not surprised since Disney is headed in a new direction, which is downhill.

I love the overall theme of Enchantment.

But it seems to be lacking the emotional... punch?... that Happily Ever After had. When Tinkerbell appears in HEA, there was an emotional and musical buildup to it. In Enchantment, she sorta just.. appears.

It's also obvious that there are far less fireworks in Enchantment. I'm assuming for budgetary reasons. It's OK. I just won't camp out for a decent spot like I did numerous times for HEA.

Just my 2 cents! :earsboy: :confused3

I love the overall theme of Enchantment.

But it seems to be lacking the emotional... punch?... that Happily Ever After had. When Tinkerbell appears in HEA, there was an emotional and musical buildup to it. In Enchantment, she sorta just.. appears.

It's also obvious that there are far less fireworks in Enchantment. I'm assuming for budgetary reasons. It's OK. I just won't camp out for a decent spot like I did numerous times for HEA.

Just my 2 cents! :earsboy: :confused3
To be fair, a lot of folks have pointed out that the Tinkerbell thing seemed off in the Disney Parks livestream vs. The Dis (and that it was a timing issue not an overall issue with her part of the show). It seemed that way to me, having watched both.

I watched another video which included the Main Street projections and the fireworks look way better than the preview. Tinker bell flying made sense with the song and at the end of the rainbow.

Looks like the dessert party viewers wouldn’t get the full experience.

Last edited:
Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!!! That was the anniversary show I was looking for! Enchantment is underwhelming plus it is in no way an anniversary show. I am erasing Enchantment from my brain and this will be the anniversary show in my heart and mind. I feel so much better. Enchantment is now just a terrible replacement for HEA without the added disappointment of it being the anniversary show.

I was just lurking here to gauge other people's reaction after feeling so underwhelmed. I watched the Disney preview yesterday and then watched another stream tonight for comparison... I just can't believe it is the same company behind that celebration in Disneyland and whatever we got and they called Disney Enchantment... Sorry, no enchantment herel. I know the expectation was really high, but how could it come out so... flat, so heartless?
I watched live the 25th HS special fireworks and it was pretty simple and at the same time unforgettable. Sounds and noises from our beloved attractions... yes, we go to the parks to have fun in the attractions! Did they forget about that? I love Disney movies, but the 50th was Disney World / Magic Kingdom's 50th and I was hoping they would be celebrating that. So disappointed...
For those cancelling dessert parties, I'll be there only next year and was anxiously waiting to book one. Not anymore. So sad...

EDITED to thank you DLRExpert for posting this video. That was the emotional show I was expecting to watch tonight. I'l just try to rewrite my memories... and remember dreams come true! Maybe the next show will be as good as Wishes or HEA.

Last edited:
Just watched it online and it was OK. Fireworks looked really cool but I'll hold my final judgement for when we go and see it live. Hard to get the real impact online. HEA though seemed to have more emotion to it, especially the finale.

Just watched it online and it was OK. Fireworks looked really cool but I'll hold my final judgement for when we go and see it live. Hard to get the real impact online. HEA though seemed to have more emotion to it, especially the finale.
It was absolutely wonderful in person. Everyone around me loved it.

I also remember how HEA was brutally torn to shreds on here when it premiered (I remember being one of the few who seemed to enjoy it right away), then all of a sudden everyone fell in love with it.

HEA was sponsored by Pandora, also. I remember wondering if people got that confused with Pandora, the land in AK. Apparently not, but what a weird coincidence.
Thanks - I wasn't totally sure and knowing it was one of the last shows, I thought I might've gotten it wrong. But I love the idea that it could've gotten mixed up with Pandora (the land) - I think more parts of WDW should support other parts!

I definitely feel sort of weird about the nighttime special being sponsored by a company (I get it, I get Disney sponsorships, etc). It feels like there must be a better/more graceful way to make that connection (if I recall correctly, didn't Siemens sponsor Illuminations? For whatever reason that makes sense and feels relatively organic to me in a way that the jewelry company - which I already have feelings about - feels ... off-putting). GM and Test Track works for me. Exxon/ExxonMobil sponsoring the Universe of Energy creeped me out. But I realize that at this point, I may just be griping for the sake of griping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter