Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

I also remember how HEA was brutally torn to shreds on here when it premiered (I remember being one of the few who seemed to enjoy it right away), then all of a sudden everyone fell in love with it.
Not to let a good story get in the way of the truth - but ... https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ont-be-a-good-replacement-for-wishes.3602494/ most of those posts are positive.

ETA: https://www.disboards.com/threads/finally-sold-on-happily-ever-after.3602454/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/happily-ever-after-sneak-peek.3596996/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/happily-ever-after-6-minutes-longer-than-wishes.3594050/
I do appreciate that this sentiment is still the same: "There are hundreds of videos of Wishes on the internet. Some of which I would argue are better than Disney's live streams."

Not to let a good story get in the way of the truth - but ... https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ont-be-a-good-replacement-for-wishes.3602494/ most of those posts are positive.

The preview of Enchantment had the opposite of the above for me. The song sounded too bland / not a 'Spectacular' mood that matches fireworks. And turned out that was accurate. Song just plays to fireworks, like any 4th of July show at local cities. It's a good song, but just not the place for it.

Last edited:
Thank you. I watched it this morning and got exactly the nostalgic feeling I have been missing from WDW lately. (To be clear, I have never seen this show before. I never saw it in person, so it's not just that I'm nostalgic for the show itself.) The projections fit the castle well - especially the Tie Fighters coming out of the doorway! And Tigger! There were highs and lows for the music, it included a fun mix of current and former attractions... It gave me a similar feeling to the first 3/4 of EPCOT Forever, which I enjoyed quite a bit. Or the Disneyland commercial for the return of MSEP a couple years ago.

Seriously, though: if they could do this 16 years ago, why did we get such junk for both shows now? It's like they decided that nostalgia is a bad thing and ran as hard away from it as they could.
I remember being there the summer of the 50th at DL, our first DL trip with the kids. I teared up at points, my husband was just in awe and the kids actually were willing to go back and watch it again the next night. We ended up going to DL 3 times that 18 months and I really think it was that show. When we heard there was going to be a celebration for the 60th, we booked a trip right away. DL is harder to get to from the midwest than WDW but we wanted to see the 60th FW show. The 60th wasn't as jaw dropping good as the 50th but still better than this.:sad2: I just don't get how after doing such a great job for DL's 50th this is what WDW gets?:rolleyes1

I remember being there the summer of the 50th at DL, our first DL trip with the kids. I teared up at points, my husband was just in awe and the kids actually were willing to go back and watch it again the next night. We ended up going to DL 3 times that 18 months and I really think it was that show. When we heard there was going to be a celebration for the 60th, we booked a trip right away. DL is harder to get to from the midwest than WDW but we wanted to see the 60th FW show. The 60th wasn't as jaw dropping good as the 50th but still better than this.:sad2: I just don't get how after doing such a great job for DL's 50th this is what WDW gets?:rolleyes1
Not having watched the video before (for the 50th @ DL), it struck me that - while I hate to admit it - this could've really just been the template they used. Like, they wouldn't have had to create something brand new (clearly, I would've preferred that they did and I trust that the creative minds at work would've, too) - but like, the formula existed and I'm not sure many people would've complained (especially if we think about the energy-vacuum that the past two years have been). Even if they updated it, changed the framework of the railroad, etc - it was right there - almost paint by numbers!

Not having watched the video before (for the 50th @ DL), it struck me that - while I hate to admit it - this could've really just been the template they used. Like, they wouldn't have had to create something brand new (clearly, I would've preferred that they did and I trust that the creative minds at work would've, too) - but like, the formula existed and I'm not sure many people would've complained (especially if we think about the energy-vacuum that the past two years have been). Even if they updated it, changed the framework of the railroad, etc - it was right there - almost paint by numbers!

Exactly. Adapt it to the attractions/style of WDW but keep similar beats, and it would still be a hit. Besides, it would hardly be the first time something was copied from one park to the other...including like half of MK ;)

ETA: https://www.disboards.com/threads/finally-sold-on-happily-ever-after.3602454/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/happily-ever-after-6-minutes-longer-than-wishes.3594050/
I do appreciate that this sentiment is still the same: "There are hundreds of videos of Wishes on the internet. Some of which I would argue are better than Disney's live streams."
Lol....
Not sure how to respond to that. But if you're saying what I said isn't true, feel free to believe that, but you would be incorrect.

I LOVED Wishes. My daughter and I made a special weekend trip from Canada to see it one last time as we were so sad to see it go. I didn't want HEA. BUT, when I saw it for the first time, I breathed a sigh of relief and LOVED it too. It had us dancing, it had us smiling, it had us crying. It had entertainment, great projections, fun fireworks, great music choices and most of all heart and emotion.
This new show, I was excited to watch because they didn't disappoint with the Wishes to HEA transition. My whole family was silent in a bad way when it was over. We were stunned at how unemotional, and meh it was. If you have never been to WDW you would see that and think it's pretty good, but if you know what Disney can really do, this isn't it.

I LOVED Wishes. My daughter and I made a special weekend trip from Canada to see it one last time as we were so sad to see it go. I didn't want HEA. BUT, when I saw it for the first time, I breathed a sigh of relief and LOVED it too. It had us dancing, it had us smiling, it had us crying. It had entertainment, great projections, fun fireworks, great music choices and most of all heart and emotion.
This new show, I was excited to watch because they didn't disappoint with the Wishes to HEA transition. My whole family was silent in a bad way when it was over. We were stunned at how unemotional, and meh it was. If you have never been to WDW you would see that and think it's pretty good, but if you know what Disney can really do, this isn't it.
Idk, I thought it had lots of emotion. I along with everyone else around me last night definitely teared up several times.

After finally watching the videos of it, I truly do not think you can judge this show at all until you see it in person. Though I feel that way with most things. It was incredible in person.

Enchantment is horrible. And that's being kind. Disney should seriously consider firing the imagineers responsible. The original song was painfully awful and the Disney music was produced by someone who must be tone deaf. And did this set of imagineers miss the memo on syncing fireworks with music? Because the fireworks most definitely weren't synced. As for Tinkerbell, she was clearly an afterthought. As i said at the outset, Enchantment is HORRIBLE. What a disappointment.

It still says something about the quality of the show if you have to see it in person to enjoy it. HEA is amazing in every youtube vid I've seen. And Illuminations music has been going thru my head since I watched the video days ago. I can't remember anything about You Are The Magic except for the sour taste it left in my mouth.

It still says something about the quality of the show if you have to see it in person to enjoy it. HEA is amazing in every youtube vid I've seen. And Illuminations music has been going thru my head since I watched the video days ago. I can't remember anything about You Are The Magic except for the sour taste it left in my mouth.
I don't think it has anything to do with the quality. That is top notch. It's hard to describe until you've seen it. It is a lot to take in, and being there in person makes it much easier.
I wouldn't expect a company to create a show to be viewed optimally on video vs in person.

I don't think it has anything to do with the quality. That is top notch. It's hard to describe until you've seen it. It is a lot to take in, and being there in person makes it much easier.
I wouldn't expect a company to create a show to be viewed optimally on video vs in person.

Yeah, I did hear that there are other things simultaneously going on that you're not going to experience by watching on video.

I saw enough from the video to know I'm not especially interested to see more of it. I mean, I like fireworks in any capacity so of course I'd watch it if at Disney... but I look forward to whatever will replace Enchantment. And I'd bet good money that day will come sooner rather than later. In any case, once the 3rd gate at Universal opens, Disney is going to be forced to step up its game or simply concede defeat. Nintendo World will be a gamechanger. But now I'm going wayyyy off topic :earboy2:

I’m purposely not watching, because I want to see it in person first. Projections and sound can be completely warped through streaming, so I will make my opinion based on seeing it live.

Wishes was my favorite fireworks show and HEA took a few viewings to grow on me. I still wasn’t in love by the end, so not sad to see it go. I don’t think anything will give me the same emotions as Wishes did.

I do wonder if some of the hate for this show comes from all of the other negative feelings people had. I almost wonder if people couldn’t wait to not like it.
I've admittedly been pretty negative about most of Disney's decisions lately but I was actually optimistic about this show. The concept art was really beautiful and they didn't kill my all-time favorite nighttime show and the World Showcase Lagoon views for it. So my standards were a little lower than for Harmonious. I actually expected it to be a great show. I thought I'd really like it at least. Oh well.

I loved Wishes but we didn't watch every trip (unlike Illuminations). HEA never did it for me so we've just skipped MK fireworks entirely our last few visits. I guess that'll just continue for the foreseeable future.

Enchantment is horrible. And that's being kind. Disney should seriously consider firing the imagineers responsible. The original song was painfully awful and the Disney music was produced by someone who must be tone deaf. And did this set of imagineers miss the memo on syncing fireworks with music? Because the fireworks most definitely weren't synced. As for Tinkerbell, she was clearly an afterthought. As i said at the outset, Enchantment is HORRIBLE. What a disappointment.

the imagineers that probably could have made a great show were likely canned with the rest of the talent when Chapek used the pandemic as his opportunity accelerate his plans to gut the company. So we are left with a terrible clip show that was probably put together by a college intern trying to earn a degree in editing and a bunch of cover-songs since no one could think of anything to do other than hire some singers so if they used all the same songs, at least they would sound different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter