Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

Thought it was better than last night, at least there were decent fireworks, and the music was better to me. I learned last night that Disney does not know how live stream well, the constant camera changes really make it hard to get a good idea of the full show. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night from some better live streams!

Also, maybe my brain just works weird, but whenever Angela Bassett spoke I immediately flashed to American Horror Story. Apparently she has been very memorable in those roles! :rotfl:

Imagine being this soft because people can call out lazy effort and poor execution and not shoot off rainbows about everything. This show is garbage and lazy. An absolute mailed in effort that has zero soul.

calling me out because I loved it? I got emotional. Moana and frozen is the soundtrack of my life with my little girl. I don't for one second think this show didn't have soul.

people in this community are so negative about everything lately. To the point that when you love the changes and new things you are called soft...

Imagine being this soft because people can call out lazy effort and poor execution and not shoot off rainbows about everything. This show is garbage and lazy. An absolute mailed in effort that has zero soul.

Those in glass houses.

I loved the show, loved the fireworks and really enjoyed the music. Then again I don't get so worked up over stuff like this and just go with the flow.

Regarding the fireworks at least, yeah. I was pleasantly surprised overall.
PROS:
Lots of fireworks
Some of the music was good

CONS:
The female narrator's voice just didn't do it for me
NO Pirates of the Carribbean
NO Lion King
NO Snow White
NO Mickey Mouse (huh?)
Didn't care for most of the music but some of it was ok
Why did they choose music from Frozen II instead of Frozen (the original movie's soundtrack is MUCH more memorable).
Wasn't thrilled with the projections on Main Street. They really hyped that up and that part was just dull.
Not enough references to Classic Disney. I mean, if you're gonna celebrate 50 years, then you need more than Cinderella from the old days.

Agree with this a lot. Come on, why wouldn’t they end this 50th anniversary Magic Kingdom Nighttime Spectacular with a voice over / projection of Walt talking about WDW? And what about “It was all started by a mouse”?Just my opinion that they dropped the ball with something like that.

calling me out because I loved it? I got emotional. Moana and frozen is the soundtrack of my life with my little girl. I don't for one second think this show didn't have soul.

people in this community are so negative about everything lately. To the point that when you love the changes and new things you are called soft...
No, I think calling you out because of how upset you were that people have a negative reaction. You can like it, we can hate it. Doesn’t mean the world is sad and depressing.

I liked Harmonious better, and I hated Harmonious lol. At least Harmonious was visually spectacular and while I don't consider it in the same league as Illuminations, it did actually improve on its predecessor in some/that way. In this case I can't find a thing about Enchantment that is an improvement from HAE. And in both cases, why is the messaging for these shows so damn depressing? We are the magic? Then why did we just spend all this money to go to WDW? LOL

I liked Harmonious better, and I hated Harmonious lol. At least Harmonious was visually spectacular and while I don't consider it in the same league as Illuminations, it did actually improve on its predecessor in some/that way. In this case I can't find a thing about Enchantment that is an improvement from HAE. And in both cases, why is the messaging for these shows so damn depressing? We are the magic? Then why did we just spend all this money to go to WDW? LOL
Your first line made me spit out my sip of water! 😂

I am pregnant and sappy tv commercials and news stories make me tear up at the drop of a hat. I felt nothing while watching that. I kept waiting for like a climatic moment or a wow and it never came. I was confused, like is this the actual show and at then end, I didn’t realize that it was over. Somehow I missed tinker belle… I did read she was there somewhere. But who I really missed was Mickey Mouse!! It seems like the most obvious thing to include would be Mickey and the fab5? It was Moana and Frozen heavy. So many characters left out and so much left to be desired. I did think the fireworks were pretty.

This felt like the last 50 months not 50 years. No Mickey? No Legacy? This was just one modern IP after another. I mean I love Disney music but for a show that is supposed to celebrate 50 years... It doesn't.

Honestly if this was just a new show, I would be pleased. But again nothing says 'wow look at what has happened in 50 years'.

It's not supposed to be about the 50th. This is the new show that should last as long as Wishes..... until they decide to change after 3 years of use because no reason (cough like HEA to this cough)

Regarding the fireworks at least, yeah. I was pleasantly surprised overall.
PROS:
Lots of fireworks
Some of the music was good

CONS:
The female narrator's voice just didn't do it for me
NO Pirates of the Carribbean
NO Lion King
NO Snow White
NO Mickey Mouse (huh?)
Didn't care for most of the music but some of it was ok
Why did they choose music from Frozen II instead of Frozen (the original movie's soundtrack is MUCH more memorable).
Wasn't thrilled with the projections on Main Street. They really hyped that up and that part was just dull.
Not enough references to Classic Disney. I mean, if you're gonna celebrate 50 years, then you need more than Cinderella from the old days.

Totally agree about Frozen.... and to top it off, thought the vocals on "Into The Unknown" were terrible- But honestly, as much as I love "Moana" (one of our fave Disney movies) and the Frozen movies, they dont make me think of Walt and his legacy. I mean, this is big--- its the 50th !! How about "Mary Poppins", "Cinderella", "Snow White", etc-- More classics.. (Um, and MICKEY!!). instead of the newer movies?

okay i liked this WAY more than harmonious. Felt very Disney, good original music. it isn't as good as HEA. out of ten i'd give HEA an 8, this a 6, harmonious a 2 or 3. enchantment just missing that big crescendo you get form Out There and Go the distance

and how in the world in a show with the theme "you are the magic" did they pick Into the Unknown over Show Yourself? The theme of show yourself is literally ELSA IS THE MAGIC. also the singers in Into the Unknown were REALLY flat.

I'd at least be willing to go see this, and i think it will grow on me as i watch it more. unlike harmonious which i doubt i'll ever set aside park time to see more than once.

I posted this without reading other comments first and some other posters made great points. especially about how this show doesn't actually have anything WDW specific about it. GREAT POINT! And nothing mickey related??? Yeah my 6 was too generous. I'm down to a 4 now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter