Disney Genie announcement

I really hope we can get some first hand accounts of people using genie today and some screen shots. This will help us with the strategizing that I do think we all want to do. I personally would like to see some data being generated on when the LLs ”ran out” or return times as of X o’clock, G+ or ILL$. It would help build some planning. Even though the crowd levels are no where near where they will be for my thanksgiving trip it would be helpful to know if SDD is running out of G+ by a particular time For expanse, one poster explained that they had a 11:20 g+ for SDD and therefore it was hard to get more than a few more in the day. I would like to know when the poster booked SDD that it was already 11ish.

I would also love this info on some of the other rides, like RnRc, smugglers run, etc. this is particularly important for HS with their current ride situation.

i can’t help it, I really just want to see some data!

another thing I would like confirmed is whether you can book morning G+ LL for a park which you do not have a reservation or do you have to go through the process of changing your reservation first?
I think that the best source of data points this early on is going to be Touring Plans. They have multiple testers in the parks trying various scenarios and reporting their results. TP is continuing to monitor posted standby waits vs actual waits.

I do know from yesterday's vlog that TP reported that if you try to book a G+ or IA$ for a park where you do not have a reservation, you will only see availability for after 2:00 PM. You can still book the G+ or IA$ but the return times will not be before 2 PM.

At 11:52 AM, I'm seeing a G+ return time of 4:25 PM at TT. All others are almost immediate G+ reservations. On refresh, TT return time changed to 2:30. Return times just seem to randomly populate.
Genie will try to disperse crowds so keep refreshing and not book it until you have an acceptable time

Genie must be trying to grant Disney's three wishes of more money for parks, more money for executives, and more money for shareholders
You are assuming any of that money will put back into the parks. You know what happens when you assume! :rolleyes1

My lazy Google search said Disney full capacity is 90,000ish.

Just for numbers sake lets say they were at 50% capacity. So 45,000ish people. Don't know if that's accurate.

And for number sake again lets say half of those bought just G+ so no individual rides. 22,500. again, no idea if that's accurate.

So 45,000 / 2 = 22,500
x $15 = $337,000 in terrible math that's likely wrong.

Now do all the gates and stretch it across the year! :genie:

Okay, after reading 40+ pages of replies I think this is true, but if someone could confirm:

If I stay onsite, at 7 am I could buy 2 ILL$ plus a regular G+ LL at the same time. Let's say I did MK and booked Jungle cruise for 9:45 AM. As soon as I'm off that ride at let's say 10 am, I could book another G+ LL, even though it hasn't been 120 minutes after park opening? In which case, I could potentially stack at least the ILL$ and a G+?

Okay, after reading 40+ pages of replies I think this is true, but if someone could confirm:

If I stay onsite, at 7 am I could buy 2 ILL$ plus a regular G+ LL at the same time. Let's say I did MK and booked Jungle cruise for 9:45 AM. As soon as I'm off that ride at let's say 10 am, I could book another G+ LL, even though it hasn't been 120 minutes after park opening?

Hou can book another LL as soon as you check into JC.

I apologize if this was covered somewhere else and I missed it.

Suppose you are going to only 1 park for the day. Assume that at 10am you look for a LL entry (unpaid) for an attraction and the next available entry is 5 or 6pm. Does that mean that if you select that attraction, you are unable to select any other LL entries for your entire day until you do that attraction? I have not been down since pre-pandemic but I recall you could get a second attraction when the first was done or after 2 hours. Has that been eliminated?

Thanks.

If I stay onsite, at 7 am I could buy 2 ILL$ plus a regular G+ LL at the same time. Let's say I did MK and booked Jungle cruise for 9:45 AM. As soon as I'm off that ride at let's say 10 am, I could book another G+ LL, even though it hasn't been 120 minutes after park opening? In which case, I could potentially stack at least the ILL$ and a G+?

Yes. The 120 minute GP+ rule applies if your first ride is after 2 hours post opening. So if you booked a ride for 11:30 on a day when the park opens at 9;00, you can't book another ride until 11:00.

You can book another after you scanned at the second turnstile (usually closer to ride boarding area)

Sorry, I suspect this has been asked and answered;
if I have a Return time of 9:30 - 10:30 for Attraction A, I Tap in at 9:40, can I now make a LL selection for Attraction B?
Is it possible Attraction B Return Time could be less than 120 Minutes from my 9:40 Tap In? i.e. next available for Attraction B is 10:10 - 11:10?
I guess I'm not clear on the 120 minute "rule". Thanks

Per allears:

However, if your reservation is for two hours or more after the park opens, you will not be eligible to make another Genie+ selection until 120 minutes after the park’s opening

so Epcot/MK pm park hopping, you can’t book Test track until 12 pm (2 hours after Epcot’s 10 am opening) if you booked Splash/big thunder/monsters at 2 pm; by 12 pm Test track would probably be pushed into 3 pm+

It would be so much easier to understand if Lightening Lane was not used to refer to Genie+ reservations btw and was just used for ILLA$
According to the pinned thread, which is currently locked 🔒, the acronyms are G+ for Genie+ and ILL$ for Individual Lightning Lane Selection. It would make discussions so much easier to understand if we were to all stick to those abbreviations and use LL to refer to the queue for both.

Really Disney, did you have to make a convoluted system more confusing by referring to both the return queue and the pay-to-play reservations as Lightning Lanes?

I apologize if this was covered somewhere else and I missed it.

Suppose you are going to only 1 park for the day. Assume that at 10am you look for a LL entry (unpaid) for an attraction and the next available entry is 5 or 6pm. Does that mean that if you select that attraction, you are unable to select any other LL entries for your entire day until you do that attraction? I have not been down since pre-pandemic but I recall you could get a second attraction when the first was done or after 2 hours. Has that been eliminated?

Thanks.
Lost of great information here. Also, someone will answer your question if you're unable to find the answer in this thread. People have been very helpful sharing their insight and experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter