Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you're an eBay member check your inboxes folks. I just got a targeted coupon for $15 off of $75 and it worked on PPDG Best Buy gift cards. I had to add one $50 and one $25 to my cart but the coupon worked so I got $75 for $60 :sunny:
I was so excited when I read this, but darn it, nothing for me or DD26. Like @Lain said, they are probably still not too happy with all the ebucks I made, lol. Ugh. We did get a 10x ebucks thing today, but I don't need anything, lol.
Wonder if they always send them all out at once or if they stagger them and I should keep checking our ebay messages, lol, just in case!

My BJs orders from the 3 $50 for the extra discount arrived today... So many gift cards my fingernail is sore from peeling that security code thing off the back! But it will all be worth it! (Is what I keep telling myself anyway!)

I just had to smile at this. I've been working through $3500 worth of $50 gift cards and those security codes are a pain! I use a coin to scratch it off though. It kind of makes me feel like I'm scratching off a lottery ticket and when I upload the numbers into DVA, I get to see that I'm a winner every time!

I just had to smile at this. I've been working through $3500 worth of $50 gift cards and those security codes are a pain! I use a coin to scratch it off though. It kind of makes me feel like I'm scratching off a lottery ticket and when I upload the numbers into DVA, I get to see that I'm a winner every time!

Ha - I know the feeling. I get some weird kind of endorphin release every I enter a card into my DVA!

I asked this on another random thread but asking the experts here again.... why is it better to put the gc's into my acct- rather than just hang onto them till I need them? I checked the balances when I got them (bj's) and they were all correct-

My BJs orders from the 3 $50 for the extra discount arrived today... So many gift cards my fingernail is sore from peeling that security code thing off the back! But it will all be worth it! (Is what I keep telling myself anyway!)

I've done plenty of scratching, and I know there's more to come, but I'm glad I don't have to do my BJs order lol. We picked up 6 packs because we're going to give everyone a gift card as a wedding favor. Bjs sale plus Discover cash back was a much better deal than 5% at Target like I was expecting for them. :)

*mind blown*

This is totally how I felt when I read @Dan C 's advice awhile back on this thread. Game changer!

I asked this on another random thread but asking the experts here again.... why is it better to put the gc's into my acct- rather than just hang onto them till I need them? I checked the balances when I got them (bj's) and they were all correct-
If you put them in a DVA you earn an additional 2% back directly from Disney. We did a lot of trips and a cruise last year and got back 180 just for using the DVA. If I wasn't using it that would have been missed money

If you put them in a DVA you earn an additional 2% back directly from Disney. We did a lot of trips and a cruise last year and got back 180 just for using the DVA. If I wasn't using it that would have been missed money
This is true but you could load those GC into the DVA right before making your payment and still get the $20 GC for every $1K spent (it's NOT 2% unless you spent in multiples of $1K).

Given the IT problems that the DVA and other Disney websites are prone to, I would be reluctant to park my funds there for any length of time.

@hsmamato2 - I wouldn't keep the cards listed in my disneygiftcard .com account for the same reasons. Online accounts can be hacked. I keep my GCs in a safe place and I also keep a digital record of their numbers and PINs. If my GCs should get lost or stolen, I have the option to transfer their funds to another GC using the GC website because I have the necessary info to do so.

sorry I didn't mean DVA I meant the regular website where you consolidate cards....

This is true but you could load those GC into the DVA right before making your payment and still get the $20 GC for every $1K spent (it's NOT 2% unless you spent in multiples of $1K).

Just to clarify for people not familiar with DVA, you need have your account open for 6 months prior to you taking anything out of it. However, you can open your account with $50, wait 6 months, add $1,950, then spend it all a day or two later and qualify.

EDITED TO ADD: Actually, it's 120 days, not 6 months. Thanks @LongLiveRafiki

Last edited:
sorry I didn't mean DVA I meant the regular website where you consolidate cards....

The sole purpose is to consolidate smaller GC into one lump sum then delete it from the site all together. The lump sum GC is easier to manage.

Speaking of the DVA, I got an email this morning thanking me for requesting my $20 bonus. Huh? I didn't request a bonus, nor should I get one at this point since I haven't hit another 1K threshold. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter