Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with the store District manager, who emailed me this morning, and she apologized profusely about the way I was treated and even mentioned that retraining would happen. She agreed that it is definitely not a federal crime. She mentioned that she read my complaint in disbelief and it will not happen again to any customer. I asked her to clarify the policy since it was my understanding that only the cash cards aren't allowed for purchase with gift card and she replied that they can be used to purchase merchandise, and since most stores don't carry third party cards it's not clear whether they're considered merchandise so they say no.

She said she wanted to make it up to me and would call and notify the manager at whichever store I wanted to go into, and they would work around this and have the gift cards ready for me to purchase with store gift cards at customer service. I'm very satisfied with the outcome, but my takeaway from this is that it's still very YMMV. Thank you Lain for encouraging me to pursue this further and Eighty8Keys and others for sharing your experience.

I just got off the phone with the store District manager, who emailed me this morning, and she apologized profusely about the way I was treated and even mentioned that retraining would happen. She agreed that it is definitely not a federal crime. She mentioned that she read my complaint in disbelief and it will not happen again to any customer. I asked her to clarify the policy since it was my understanding that only the cash cards aren't allowed for purchase with gift card and she replied that they can be used to purchase merchandise, and since most stores don't carry third party cards it's not clear whether they're considered merchandise so they say no.

She said she wanted to make it up to me and would call and notify the manager at whichever store I wanted to go into, and they would work around this and have the gift cards ready for me to purchase with store gift cards at customer service. I'm very satisfied with the outcome, but my takeaway from this is that it's still very YMMV. Thank you Lain for encouraging me to pursue this further and Eighty8Keys and others for sharing your experience.

Good job! I'm so glad you had the same good outcome that I did! Not sure I want to depend on this on a regular basis with gift cards of any significant value but I kind of think I should try it now and then just to keep the policy fresh in their minds.

So what is the best deal right now on the Disney giftcards?

Probably the Chase Pay Walmart .com promo ending 8/31/17, where you can earn 10x Ultimate Rewards points on purchases of up to $250 when you use Chase Pay with an UR points earning card (Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, and Sapphire Reserve) on Walmart .com. Gift cards qualify, and while Walmart .com doesn't sell Disney gift cards, you can buy a Walmart gift card to spend on Disney gift cards in store at Walmart, or for a small discount online or in warehouse at Sam's Club.

Kroger is also having a 4x fuel points promo on gift cards this weekend from 9/1/17 to 9/3/17.

I have an offer on my Just-4-you Safeway rewards. It is $7.50 off $75 Best Buy gift card. It has a limit of 1 per account, but all members of my family have an account. Will get one later today, I assume it also earns gas rewards. It expires on Sept 8.

I bought two more $50 Disney gift cards for $47.99 each. Bought other items, and
used the $10 off coupon for spending over $150. Had mfg coupons for the other stuff for $4.50 so
I think I did OK. This was at a NJ BJ's..

I have an offer on my Just-4-you Safeway rewards. It is $7.50 off $75 Best Buy gift card. It has a limit of 1 per account, but all members of my family have an account. Will get one later today, I assume it also earns gas rewards. It expires on Sept 8.

Ooh! Thanks for posting this. I have this offer too! I usually check the Safeway app first thing Wednesday morning for gift card deals but didn't have a chance yet. Planning to purchase this with my Amex BCP for 6% cashback plus gas rewards.

Awesome timing! I'm going to take advantage of this deal and redeem this card along with the BBY savings codes from the recent promo that I'm expecting around 9/5.

Just a reminder for everyone, there may be opportunities to double dip. If you have a credit card that earns cash back at supermarkets like the Amex Blue Cash Preferred (6%), use it! Also if you can get Amazon gift cards at a discount or have Amazon credit, Amazon sells Safeway gift cards, and Safeway's POS system accepts GC>GC. YMMV as some stores have signs up that say no gift cards at self checkout, or cash only, or cashiers and managers might give you a hard time.

I bought two more $50 Disney gift cards for $47.99 each. Bought other items, and
used the $10 off coupon for spending over $150. Had mfg coupons for the other stuff for $4.50 so
I think I did OK. This was at a NJ BJ's..
What coupon?

Ok it's been about 2yrs since we've gone to Disney so I'm trying to catch up with what's changed. Someone fill me in or let me know if this is correct. In the past I had bought discounted target gift cards then used those to buy Disney gift cards online (including the red card 5% discount). Am I reading correctly that you can no longer purchase Disney gift cards with target gift cards in store or online?

Probably the Chase Pay Walmart .com promo ending 8/31/17, where you can earn 10x Ultimate Rewards points on purchases of up to $250 when you use Chase Pay with an UR points earning card (Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, and Sapphire Reserve) on Walmart .com. Gift cards qualify, and while Walmart .com doesn't sell Disney gift cards, you can buy a Walmart gift card to spend on Disney gift cards in store at Walmart, or for a small discount online or in warehouse at Sam's Club.

I'm looking at my Chase UR account and can't find anything about this. Where did you find it? TIA!

I'm looking at my Chase UR account and can't find anything about this. Where did you find it? TIA!

It's very poorly advertised. Emails about the promo went out to some people, so the thought was this offer was targeted. It's been confirmed to work on Chase UR-earning cards using Chase Pay on Walmart .com whether you received the email or not. You can read the details here. Hurry because the promo ends tomorrow!

Ok it's been about 2yrs since we've gone to Disney so I'm trying to catch up with what's changed. Someone fill me in or let me know if this is correct. In the past I had bought discounted target gift cards then used those to buy Disney gift cards online (including the red card 5% discount). Am I reading correctly that you can no longer purchase Disney gift cards with target gift cards in store or online?

Lots have changed. You can no longer use Target GCs to pay for any portion of Disney GCs (or any third-party GCs) online. You can still use Target GCs to buy Disney GCs in store. However, you cannot stack Target GCs (that you might've bought at a discount or earned) with the REDcard 5% discount in store (never could). You have to pick your discount: Target GC or REDcard. If you use both, the system will deduct the amount of your GC, then give you 5% off whatever your remaining balance when you pay the rest with your REDcard.

It's very poorly advertised. Emails about the promo went out to some people, so the thought was this offer was targeted. It's been confirmed to work on Chase UR-earning cards using Chase Pay on Walmart .com whether you received the email or not. You can read the details here. Hurry because the promo ends tomorrow!

Thanks!

I know you can use it to buy Disney cards, but I thought it worth mentioning with the Kroger promo this weekend. We're having a pitch in at work today so I stopped at Kroger on my way in. I ended up getting a store coupon from the catalina machine for $5 off a $50 or more ebay card. It's good until Sept 28.

Lots have changed. You can no longer use Target GCs to pay for any portion of Disney GCs (or any third-party GCs) online. You can still use Target GCs to buy Disney GCs in store. However, you cannot stack Target GCs (that you might've bought at a discount or earned) with the REDcard 5% discount in store (never could). You have to pick your discount: Target GC or REDcard. If you use both, the system will deduct the amount of your GC, then give you 5% off whatever your remaining balance when you pay the rest with your REDcard.

BOOOOOOOO - that's too bad as I saved quite a bit doing that last time. So it won't allow you to enter a Disney GC online anymore but it still gives you the redcard discount? Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find discounts. I see a lot of people mention stores on this group that we don't have.

The article says Chase Sapphire. Have we confirmed this works with Chase Freedom? (I have a Freedom card.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter