Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about everyone's issues with converting BB&B gift cards to Disney a few weeks back and had concerns that I would have challenges converting the physical BB&B gift cards that I have. Today I was shut down when trying to convert BB&B gift cards to Disney.

I'm away visiting family in Seattle, WA and thought I'd try my luck converting $250 worth of BB&B gift cards that I had been holding on to for a while to Disney gift cards, since the stores near me in Riverside, CA do not carry the Disney gift cards. I went into a BB&B in Tukwila, WA to convert physical BB&B gift cards and to also pick up other items. The sales associate scanned one of the two store cards I had and then halfway through the transaction decided to confirm with the manager that it was okay. The manager came over and voided the transaction stating it was a federal offense to use gift cards to purchase gift cards. I told her that she was wrong about it being a federal offense and that the terms of the gift card only state that it can't be redeemed for cash and they can't be redeemed for open loop cards like Visa and Mastercard gift cards, but she was adamant that she was right. I just left the cards and items there and walked out. It looks like the associates and managers are still unaware of the gift card policy and are still claiming it's illegal. I'm going to try my luck at another location this week. I'm going to avoid this route for gift card conversion in the future. I just wanted to add my experience to the list of data points.

How often does the cash star BB deal happen? I'm debating whether to get one more today or wait.

I'd say these kinds of Best Buy GC deals seem to come up on either CashStar or eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts every month or month and a half.

I read about everyone's issues with converting BB&B gift cards to Disney a few weeks back and had concerns that I would have challenges converting the physical BB&B gift cards that I have. Today I was shut down when trying to convert BB&B gift cards to Disney.

I'm away visiting family in Seattle, WA and thought I'd try my luck converting $250 worth of BB&B gift cards that I had been holding on to for a while to Disney gift cards, since the stores near me in Riverside, CA do not carry the Disney gift cards. I went into a BB&B in Tukwila, WA to convert physical BB&B gift cards and to also pick up other items. The sales associate scanned one of the two store cards I had and then halfway through the transaction decided to confirm with the manager that it was okay. The manager came over and voided the transaction stating it was a federal offense to use gift cards to purchase gift cards. I told her that she was wrong about it being a federal offense and that the terms of the gift card only state that it can't be redeemed for cash and they can't be redeemed for open loop cards like Visa and Mastercard gift cards, but she was adamant that she was right. I just left the cards and items there and walked out. It looks like the associates and managers are still unaware of the gift card policy and are still claiming it's illegal. I'm going to try my luck at another location this week. I'm going to avoid this route for gift card conversion in the future. I just wanted to add my experience to the list of data points.

Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Accusing you of a federal crime is entirely inappropriate as well as wrong legally. Your story sounds awfully similar to @Eighty8Keys' and I encourage you to read the posts if you haven't already. I'd also suggest you follow her example and fill out a complaint on their website and get in touch with a district manager to clarify their policy with the store and redeem your gift card for the merchandise you want. At the very least, I'd demand an apology from the store manager for the baseless accusation and way you were treated generally.

Ugh! Was just turned down at BB&B trying to use a gift card to buy a Disney gift card. Was told that it was money laundering. This the same store where I was able to do this twice in the past two weeks. She offered to call the manager for confirmation but I told her not to bother. The last thing I need is for the manager to bring it up to all employees at a morning meeting. There's another store not far from work so I'll try there tomorrow. Or I'll wait a bit and try this store again. The employee was very pregnant so maybe she'll be off on maternity leave shortly.

That's good idea. I just sent some feedback about my visit using their online form relaying my experience yesterday and expressing my embarrassment over being falsely accused of money laundering in front of other customers. I leave work in 45 minutes and will head to a different BB&B to give it another try.

No luck at the only other BB&B in a convenient radius. I was told it is illegal to buy a gift card with a gift card. I asked her if she was sure about that because several major retailers allow it, such as Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. She called her manager, who confirmed no GC to GC. I asked to talk with the manager, although I wasn't hopeful. The manager came up and confirmed her earlier stance against it. I told her i was confused because I didn't see anything on the website or the back of the gift card that prohibited the purchase of gift cards, and that I knew their system allowed it because I had no problems in the past. She picked up a BB&B gift card and read off to me that it is redeemable for merchandise only and said that gift cards aren't considered merchandise because they are from a third party. What she didn't read is the rest of the statement on the back of the card which says, "...and may not be redeemed for cash." To me, this means the gift card can't be cashed out for money, but it should be good for anything they sell in the store. She disagreed. There was no point in pursuing it any further so I left.

I've received two emails in response to my message sent via their website. One was an automated message and the second email said that the store manager or district manager will be contacting me in 24-48 hours.

About a hour ago I received an email from the District Customer Service Manager at BB&B, apologizing and asking me to give him a call so we can resolve this gift card issue. When I called he apologized again and confirmed that you can purchase gift cards with BB&B gift cards. The only ones you can't purchase are the open loop cards, i.e. Visa, MasterCard, AMEX. He said they used to not allow any GC to GC transactions, but the policy changed a couple of years ago.

He said he had been in contact with the store manager about this. He also wanted to know if the associate actually said "money laundering" and I confirmed that she did. He chuckled in disbelief and said sometimes their associates get over zealous. He said he wanted to make it right and if I was willing to give them another chance he would call whichever store I preferred to let them know I was coming in. The Tanasbourne store is really close, so I told him I could go in right away.

At the store, I handed my BB&B gift cards to the cashier and she hesitated before telling me that she didn't think I could buy a GC with GC. I politely asked her if she would mind checking with a manager. She called for the MOD. While we waited, the cashier at the next register looked over and asked my cashier if there was a problem. My cashier explained what I was trying to do and the other cashier very emphatically told her that they don't allow it. At that moment the manager walked up and said that it's fine. He said to both cashiers that buying Disney gift cards is fine, it's the Visa and MasterCard gift cards that aren't allowed. I made sure to thank him. The cashier finished my transaction and we chatted about Disney briefly.

I didn't see my nemesis, the pregnant lady. i'm hoping word gets around to all the associates so that this isn't a problem in the future. I don't plan to do this regularly, but it's a nice way to use my Discover rewards.

I need help!!! At about 11:45 PM EST I was trying to,pay off my vacation with Disney Gift cards. I have 33 $50 cards. I had entered them all in the Disney gift card site and I gave 1 card with $1000 and the other with $650. The Disney site to pay was not excepting my one card. It had given me an option to pay in full or a different amount. I chose different amount and added one of my cards and it did not except it. I tried a few times. Now it is after midnight and my balance is due today and it's only giving me the choice of paying the entire amount with one gift card. Well you can only put up to $1000.00 on o e card so therefore I gave two cards and it's not giving me the option to add 2! I don't know what to do!! It does give me an option to use 1 gift card and a credit card but I don't have the money to put on a credit card because I used it up buying the gift cards!!! Does anyone have any suggestions! I am in panic mode here!!!!!

I need help!!! At about 11:45 PM EST I was trying to,pay off my vacation with Disney Gift cards. I have 33 $50 cards. I had entered them all in the Disney gift card site and I gave 1 card with $1000 and the other with $650. The Disney site to pay was not excepting my one card. It had given me an option to pay in full or a different amount. I chose different amount and added one of my cards and it did not except it. I tried a few times. Now it is after midnight and my balance is due today and it's only giving me the choice of paying the entire amount with one gift card. Well you can only put up to $1000.00 on o e card so therefore I gave two cards and it's not giving me the option to add 2! I don't know what to do!! It does give me an option to use 1 gift card and a credit card but I don't have the money to put on a credit card because I used it up buying the gift cards!!! Does anyone have any suggestions! I am in panic mode here!!!!!

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what you've typed. Yes, the DisneyGiftCard .com website will let you combine gift cards up to only $1000 per combined card. So with your balance you have to have more than one card. If the Disney website won't accept more than one gift card as payment, have you tried actually calling Disney reservations over the phone to make your payment? A Disney cast member can take as many gift cards as you have and apply it to your reservation.

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what you've typed. Yes, the DisneyGiftCard .com website will let you combine gift cards up to only $1000 per combined card. So with your balance you have to have more than one card. If the Disney website won't accept more than one gift card as payment, have you tried actually calling Disney reservations over the phone to make your payment? A Disney cast member can take as many gift cards as you have and apply it to your reservation.

Sorry I'm just in panic mode here. I did put cards on one to total $1000 and then added another card to put the remaining cards on. So I actually have 2 gift cards that total my remaining balance to,pay off my vacation. Since the time changed to after midnight the Disney website is only giving me the option to use 1 gift card and a need to use 2.
I will try to call in the morning and hopefully all will be okay as you say they can take the cards.
My final payment is due today 8/27 so I'm just getting nervous about them not accepting 2 gift cards as payment!
Thanks for your incite on this though!

Sorry I'm just in panic mode here. I did put cards on one to total $1000 and then added another card to put the remaining cards on. So I actually have 2 gift cards that total my remaining balance to,pay off my vacation. Since the time changed to after midnight the Disney website is only giving me the option to use 1 gift card and a need to use 2.
I will try to call in the morning and hopefully all will be okay as you say they can take the cards.
My final payment is due today 8/27 so I'm just getting nervous about them not accepting 2 gift cards as payment!
Disney isn't going to cancel your vacation for being a day late on payment. They want your money. Last year I paid a week late because I wanted to take advantage of a gift card deal that was coming out after my pay in full date (my travel agent was aware of it and I don't think she even told Disney as she knew it would be fine). Call and make the payment, you'll probably be fine.

Disney isn't going to cancel your vacation for being a day late on payment. They want your money. Last year I paid a week late because I wanted to take advantage of a gift card deal that was coming out after my pay in full date (my travel agent was aware of it and I don't think she even told Disney as she knew it would be fine). Call and make the payment, you'll probably be fine.

Thank you! I'm Hoping that's the case!

The Disney reservations line should be able to accept 2 Disney gift cards with no problem. Before the disneygiftcard .com site allowed you to combine gift cards down to two, you would've had to call in and read off the card numbers and pins for all 33 gift cards. Disney cast members are pros at this. Just call and you'll be fine.

he Disney reservations line should be able to accept 2 Disney gift cards with no problem. Before the disneygiftcard .com site allowed you to combine gift cards down to two, you would've had to call in and read off the card numbers and pins for all 33 gift cards. Disney cast members are pros at this. Just call and you'll be fine

Friday I made a payment with Disney Reservations and didn't even interact with a CM. It was computer voice all the way (not my favorite but at least it doesn't sigh with multiple GCs to be entered :) ). Immediately received an email confirmation. I was having difficulty with the website and was a little worried but the phone method worked perfectly; hopefully this will be the case for you @Katmat75.

Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Accusing you of a federal crime is entirely inappropriate as well as wrong legally. Your story sounds awfully similar to @Eighty8Keys' and I encourage you to read the posts if you haven't already. I'd also suggest you follow her example and fill out a complaint on their website and get in touch with a district manager to clarify their policy with the store and redeem your gift card for the merchandise you want. At the very least, I'd demand an apology from the store manager for the baseless accusation and way you were treated generally.

Thank you, I hadn't seen all of the posts. @Eighty8Keys's experience and mine are very similar. I filled out a complaint and I'm waiting to get a call back. I agree that an apology is the least they can do. I knew that it would be ymmv, which I was fine with since it was a small amount and I regularly shop there anyways, but accusing customers of a federal crime is serious and wrong. I'll let you all know what they say when I get a response.

Sorry, I know this isn't the right place to post this, but I know a lot of you travel southwest and would know the answer. Flights for our travel dates were just released this morning. Managed to score flights out, nonstop for $74 a piece and used a $300 southwest card I got with the best buy promo to pay for it! We haven't flown Southwest so I'm a little unfamiliar with how the rapid rewards work. I bought our tickets in 2 sets of 2 in case prices go down, though at that price I highly doubt find anything cheaper. I thought I could use my rapid rewards for each purchase, but it won't let me since my name doesn't match the other flyers. Do I need to set up an account for each one in my family? Will they allow me to set one up for our children? They're 5 and 2. I figured there would be some kind of age limit.

Sorry, I know this isn't the right place to post this, but I know a lot of you travel southwest and would know the answer. Flights for our travel dates were just released this morning. Managed to score flights out, nonstop for $74 a piece and used a $300 southwest card I got with the best buy promo to pay for it! We haven't flown Southwest so I'm a little unfamiliar with how the rapid rewards work. I bought our tickets in 2 sets of 2 in case prices go down, though at that price I highly doubt find anything cheaper. I thought I could use my rapid rewards for each purchase, but it won't let me since my name doesn't match the other flyers. Do I need to set up an account for each one in my family? Will they allow me to set one up for our children? They're 5 and 2. I figured there would be some kind of age limit.
You should be able to book flight for anyone with your RR points. I've done it plenty of times. I completely paid for the flights for my daughter and her boyfriend using RR points and I wasn't even on the reservation.

I don't think that very young children are excluded from the program, but booking travel for them using the points could be a problem since they cannot fly solo without paying an unaccompanied minor fee.

I thought I could use my rapid rewards for each purchase, but it won't let me since my name doesn't match the other flyers.
This doesn't make a lot of sense. You can use your points to purchase tickets for anybody. But you said you purchased tickets using a gift card, which means you aren't using any points. Do you mean you wanted to use your frequent flyer number to earn points for the flights? If that's the case, no, you can't use your rapid rewards account to earn points for other people's flight. Points are earned by the individual flying, not the person who paid for the ticket.

This doesn't make a lot of sense. You can use your points to purchase tickets for anybody. But you said you purchased tickets using a gift card, which means you aren't using any points. Do you mean you wanted to use your frequent flyer number to earn points for the flights? If that's the case, no, you can't use your rapid rewards account to earn points for other people's flight. Points are earned by the individual flying, not the person who paid for the ticket.
Yes, this is what I meant. Thank you for the clarification!

I saw that eBay had $15 off $75 purchase right now. Anyone able to use these deals for Best Buy gift cards before?

I saw that eBay had $15 off $75 purchase right now. Anyone able to use these deals for Best Buy gift cards before?

Unless this is another deal, the coupon expired last night. In any case, these kind of deals no longer work on any gift cards.

Unless this is another deal, the coupon expired last night. In any case, these kind of deals no longer work on any gift cards.
Yep, just saw this expired already. Good to know though that it doesn't work for gift cards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter