Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the report. We are actually nearly 700 miles from Disneyland. So it is curious that they would have such a specific product this far from a Disney park, and not also have the more generic Disney Gift Card option available.

That is interesting. The furthest report I read of people having them at their Target was the Las Vegas area which is just over 250 miles away.

That's excellent, Glad to hear this news!

Been wondering though, where Dr of credit got their info, I thought they were usually more reliable than not. I was already wondering why more people here and elsewhere weren't more upset and worried about spending their Target gc's...
Me too! Yeah DoC is usually reliable but they failed this one, bad source as I think they hat tipped their source on that one...

Hi all, quick question for the Best Buy offer. For the $!5 on $150 valid up to 3 per customer - can i buy 1 $450 gift card to get 3 $15 certificates? Or do I need to purchase 3 $150 gift cards separately? TIA!

That's excellent, Glad to hear this news!

Been wondering though, where Dr of credit got their info, I thought they were usually more reliable than not. I was already wondering why more people here and elsewhere weren't more upset and worried about spending their Target gc's. Seemed like if it were true, more people would be complaining. Plenty of people still use Raise or other places, or like myself, cash out to Target gc's at Swagbucks for at least the first one of the month with the small discount available. I, for one, wouldn't want to do that if I wouldn't be able to use the Target gc on Disney gc's. Actually, I might still cash out my first gc for Aug to BB to add to the gc's I'm going to do in the BB / Cashstar deal I'll try to do tomorrow. But, still really glad to hear this Target sale went so great!

In my experience with Target, they roll out POS updates in a phased approach. Each Target store will get their update at a different time and when it does occur, you won't be able to use Target GC for the disney GC. Who knows when that happens for each person's store. Back in the day when I did Redbird, there would be specific stores with the old POS and new ones, even though they were only separated by a few miles. They eventually all got the update so it's just a matter of time.

Hi all, quick question for the Best Buy offer. For the $!5 on $150 valid up to 3 per customer - can i buy 1 $450 gift card to get 3 $15 certificates? Or do I need to purchase 3 $150 gift cards separately? TIA!

I did mine in one $450 egc. The order should state $495 for a cost of $450 if everything works right. It was certainly much easier to use a single egc rather than 3 of them.

For anyone who has purchased the Wal-Mart Gift Cards online for the Chase 10x pay, how long did Wal-Mart take to process the order? The charge is pending on my card, hasn't gone through and Wal-Mart just says processing order, its only been one day, just inpatient and used to Amazon Prime :)

I ordered Monday (along with other items). The other items shipped Monday and Tuesday and I got notice this morning that the gift cards had shipped. Still pending on my credit card.

I just ordered $2,500.00 in Disney Gift Cards with my Target card online. (The max number I could order was 25 under "Quantity." I also had a courtesy promo code for 5% when something in a previous order was damaged in transit. (I was also credited for the damaged item, and I reordered it.) They gave me the 5% to reorder the damaged item, but I didn't use it for that, since the item was under $10.00. I saved it for my Disney gift cards and it worked!

So with my Red Card 5% discount, and the promo 5% discount, I saved $243.75!

I also ordered it through MyPoints so I get about 5,000 points to purchase a gift card, and that's about $35 depending which store gift card I get.

Got denied for the first time at BB for GC>GC for the $150/$15 offer. :rolleyes2 I've been churning for the past 3 years at this location and this is the first issue I have ever had! I guess it goes to show that no matter how lenient your specific location seems to be, it's always YMMV.

Just hopped over to another location and had no problems. The cashier even asked if I was going to DL or WDW. She was even like "Have a beer for me at World Showcase!" haha.

No matter what we try, we have not been able to get a second round of BB 3 $150 e gift cards with the extra 3 $15 gift card deal. It will take the order using my wife's info, but then we get an email saying it's processing the order, then another saying it can't process the order and it refunds our credit card. The first time I tried, I used my BB rewards number, so I figured that was the hold up. This morning we tried with her name, her email address, her own credit card and no BB rewards number but still a no go. I'm guessing the same billing address for the credit card must be the hang up. We called and they said it's because of the limit of 3 per household. So apparently they are defining the address as the customer. Oh well.

I was just able to place a second order, I placed my first on Friday. At first it came up right away that it was denied and before I had a chance to do anything AMEX called me telling me it detected fraud and I told them I was trying to make a purchase. They told me it would be all set and to try again. I tried again and it worked. I used a different CC, my same address, but did not use my BB rewards.

Got denied for the first time at BB for GC>GC for the $150/$15 offer. :rolleyes2 I've been churning for the past 3 years at this location and this is the first issue I have ever had! I guess it goes to show that no matter how lenient your specific location seems to be, it's always YMMV.

Just hopped over to another location and had no problems. The cashier even asked if I was going to DL or WDW. She was even like "Have a beer for me at World Showcase!" haha.

A couple weeks ago I used a couple BB GC's to pay for Disney Cards and the cashier didn't bat an eye. Last Friday I went to use my $150/15 offer and the cashier said he didn't think it would work. I told him nicely that it had worked before and it wasn't an issue as their system allowed BB GC's to be used for other GC purchases just not to buy other BB GC's. He said "let's see if the system allows it" and of course it did.

A couple weeks ago I used a couple BB GC's to pay for Disney Cards and the cashier didn't bat an eye. Last Friday I went to use my $150/15 offer and the cashier said he didn't think it would work. I told him nicely that it had worked before and it wasn't an issue as their system allowed BB GC's to be used for other GC purchases just not to buy other BB GC's. He said "let's see if the system allows it" and of course it did.

This cashier seemed well aware of the gift card policy. I really didn't want to drive over to another location, so I explained I have never had a problem paying for gift cards with gift cards. She advised me she was still unable to process the transaction and advised me to try it online. She didn't have a white shirt (signal of a new employee), but it was the first time I have ever seen her there.

I went to the BB near my job which is in the sketchier part of my city, so it's possible they may have had an issue with another churner/fraud at my specific location.

I was just able to place a second order, I placed my first on Friday. At first it came up right away that it was denied and before I had a chance to do anything AMEX called me telling me it detected fraud and I told them I was trying to make a purchase. They told me it would be all set and to try again. I tried again and it worked. I used a different CC, my same address, but did not use my BB rewards.

Forgot to include I used a different email address as well.

This cashier seemed well aware of the gift card policy. I really didn't want to drive over to another location, so I explained I have never had a problem paying for gift cards with gift cards. She advised me she was still unable to process the transaction and advised me to try it online. She didn't have a white shirt (signal of a new employee), but it was the first time I have ever seen her there.

I went to the BB near my job which is in the sketchier part of my city, so it's possible they may have had an issue with another churner/fraud at my specific location.

Just went back to BB with the second set of $150/15 and was waiting in line hoping when I got to the cashier it would go easy and not have to explain and ask them to try it. Next thing I knew the same cashier I had last time time came up and said his register was open. Handed him the Dis GC's and told him what i wanted. Rang me up with no issue. I'm glad I trained him well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter