Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Wal-Mart gift card that I bought with my Freedom card shipped and the charge posted on Sept 5. I didn't get any bonus points. Anyone else have this issue? I purchased it on the last day (Aug 31).
Yes and it has been [insert words describing frustration here] to fix. Start SMing Chase now.
-First SM (I'm assisting my parents) they wrote back and said "Dear (mom), this transaction is dated Sept 1 in our system also we cannot help you because the primary cardholder must contact us."
-I wrote back "I am (dad), the primary cardholder, our accounts are combined so the computer automatically signs my wife's name to all SMs. I still want my points."
-They wrote back "we'd be glad to help, send us a copy of the receipt because the transaction is dated Sept 1 in our system."
-I did not reply "No kidding? it's dated the transaction date I ALREADY FREAKING TOLD YOU IT WAS DATED IN YOUR SYSTEM SO HERE IS MY RECEIPT SHOWING IT WAS AUG 31" no, I wrote back nicely that the receipt was attached.
*pause as I go check the account* Success! the remaining 9x points were posted to my account even though they said it could take up to a month!

I've got a couple of questions. Has anyone successfully done Target gc to Disney gc in the past few days? I have a survey group I'm apart of and I'm 1 survey away from cashing out for a $50 card so I'm trying to figure out my options. They offer Walmart and Amazon as well, but I always have problems trying to scan e-cards at Walmart from my phone. I could do Amazon for a Southwest card, but with the limit on gift cards you can use on Southwest's site I'm a little hesitant with getting just a $50. Also I was curious if anyone remembers what cards you can still pick up at Gamestop with a GC. I saw on my Discover rewards they have a Gamestop option.
SO many people have gotten screwed by Gamestop. A couple have had success but I REALLY wouldn't go that route to Disney cards unless you have legit other spending to do at Gamestop.

I just attempted to combine 25 $100 Disney gift cards into 5 cards of $500 each online. (I saved $243.75 buying them on Target.com with my 5% Red Card discount and an additional 5% promo code.)

I screwed up entering them online because you can only enter 5 gift cards total. I needed one spot open for entering the new card each time. When I got to the end I realized I messed up I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Hard to explain... It wouldn't allow me to move partial funds from one over to another. I even called the gift card service line and they couldn't do it... so now I have 4 gift cards. One with $1000 and 3 with $500 each. Now I'm worried I'll lose them. LOL.

Yes and it has been [insert words describing frustration here] to fix. Start SMing Chase now.
-First SM (I'm assisting my parents) they wrote back and said "Dear (mom), this transaction is dated Sept 1 in our system also we cannot help you because the primary cardholder must contact us."
-I wrote back "I am (dad), the primary cardholder, our accounts are combined so the computer automatically signs my wife's name to all SMs. I still want my points."
-They wrote back "we'd be glad to help, send us a copy of the receipt because the transaction is dated Sept 1 in our system."
-I did not reply "No kidding? it's dated the transaction date I ALREADY FREAKING TOLD YOU IT WAS DATED IN YOUR SYSTEM SO HERE IS MY RECEIPT SHOWING IT WAS AUG 31" no, I wrote back nicely that the receipt was attached.
*pause as I go check the account* Success! the remaining 9x points were posted to my account even though they said it could take up to a month!

I called them and they are going to "escalate it for review." Sigh.

I just attempted to combine 25 $100 Disney gift cards into 5 cards of $500 each online. (I saved $243.75 buying them on Target.com with my 5% Red Card discount and an additional 5% promo code.)

I screwed up entering them online because you can only enter 5 gift cards total. I needed one spot open for entering the new card each time. When I got to the end I realized I messed up I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Hard to explain... It wouldn't allow me to move partial funds from one over to another. I even called the gift card service line and they couldn't do it... so now I have 4 gift cards. One with $1000 and 3 with $500 each. Now I'm worried I'll lose them. LOL.

Where did you get a 5% extra promo code?

This may be a silly question, but I know this is where the experts are ;)

If I get a Disney e-gift card from Disney store or Disney gift card site online, do they come pretty fast? And can I transfer them to a physical card with the Disney gift card site?

If I get a Disney e-gift card from Disney store or Disney gift card site online, do they come pretty fast? And can I transfer them to a physical card with the Disney gift card site?

Double check the fine print for the e-gift card because I believe they cannot be combined on the gift card website. That may have changed.

I had to order the physical card so that I could use it in the parks. The egift card was for the store only. This was a few months back so check to make sure the egift card is for all disney and not just the store.

Where did you get a 5% extra promo code?
Oh sorry. I got it as an apology for an item that got "damaged in transit." They sent me an email. They credited me for the damaged item, and emailed me the apology and code. It had no expiration date so I saved it for ordering my Disney gift cards.

I wish I had a better answer for you... My only suggestion is to order some liquid Tide detergent online and hope that UPS throws the box around. I may do that for the next ten years... :idea:

I ordered mine from Target and they came by FedEx. You can get 5% off with Target Red Card, I've never seen Disney Store offer any discount for gift cards.

I ordered them from Target on Wednesday, August 23rd and got them Tuesday, August 29th.

Target.com sells disney egift cards and from personal experience those can be transferred to physical cards. You're able to get the 5% RedCard discount too. Mine came within an hour, but they can take up to 4 hours to receive.

I had to order the physical card so that I could use it in the parks. The egift card was for the store only. This was a few months back so check to make sure the egift card is for all disney and not just the store.

I ordered mine from Target and they came by FedEx. You can get 5% off with Target Red Card, I've never seen Disney Store offer any discount for gift cards.

I ordered them from Target on Wednesday, August 23rd and got them Tuesday, August 29th.

Target.com sells disney egift cards and from personal experience those can be transferred to physical cards. You're able to get the 5% RedCard discount too. Mine came within an hour, but they can take up to 4 hours to receive.

Thanks everyone. I have a Disney Visa reward dollar card, and I had read someone's post somewhere else about using it to buy a gift card so I thought great, that would be one less card to carry for my trip! But since their e gift cards don't transfer, I'm cutting it too close to get a physical one shipped now. Next time I'll know!

Thanks everyone. I have a Disney Visa reward dollar card, and I had read someone's post somewhere else about using it to buy a gift card so I thought great, that would be one less card to carry for my trip! But since their e gift cards don't transfer, I'm cutting it too close to get a physical one shipped now. Next time I'll know!
Isn't the Disney Visa Reward dollar card the same thing as a Disney gift card? I mean it serves the same purpose. It's just like a gift card. Or is it that you wanted to combine them into one?

Or maybe I'm just confused.

I'm wondering if you would able to buy 2 $500 Disney gift cards online at Disneystore.com and pay with your $1,000 card.

If you are worried about losing them, just keep one empty card loaded on the gift card site and the physical card separate from the others. If you lose one, then you can transfer the balance over to the empty card.

So my Wal-Mart gift card that I bought with my Freedom card shipped and the charge posted on Sept 5. I didn't get any bonus points. Anyone else have this issue? I purchased it on the last day (Aug 31).

Same issue here. Purchased on 8/31, but it shows a trans date of 9/5 and a posting date of 9/6. Just messaged them, so we'll see what happens.

Somewhat tangential to the topic at hand: My mom bought a few gift cards for my princess and myself to use on our trip last week. My mom lives on the opposite coast and didn't realize until after purchasing them that she'd not be able to send them to me in time! She kindly gave me all the numbers from the backs of the cards (including the bit you have to scratch-off to make visible) and I wrote them all down. Grand Floridian DVC front desk staff had no trouble at all applying those cards to our room account without the cards being present. The only caveat is that I couldn't have them added to the room account during check-in, the sweet ladies at the check-in desks apologetically informed me that they couldn't take my money until I buy something! :P (That makes sense, is fair, and I had no trouble doing it later once there was something on my account to pay for!)

Bringing it back to the topic at hand: for those worried about losing cards, you could take a pic of those numbers with your cell phone's camera so you have them just in case. That won't protect you against dropping it in the park and someone else finding it and using it, but it would cover you if you accidentally left them sitting on your dresser when you left for the airport! I hope someone finds that info helpful, and I hope everyone has a magical vacation! :)

I'm wondering if you would able to buy 2 $500 Disney gift cards online at Disneystore.com and pay with your $1,000 card.

If you are worried about losing them, just keep one empty card loaded on the gift card site and the physical card separate from the others. If you lose one, then you can transfer the balance over to the empty card.
Thanks! I do have one on there with $0 because I wanted to move $500 to it, so good idea! Thanks!!! I didn't think of that.

I am using them at Pop to pay for our room charges for dining. I just want to get them all safely to the resort so I can relax. I will use the $1000 one first. I'll keep them on me at all times at airport, etc.

Somewhat tangential to the topic at hand: My mom bought a few gift cards for my princess and myself to use on our trip last week. My mom lives on the opposite coast and didn't realize until after purchasing them that she'd not be able to send them to me in time! She kindly gave me all the numbers from the backs of the cards (including the bit you have to scratch-off to make visible) and I wrote them all down. Grand Floridian DVC front desk staff had no trouble at all applying those cards to our room account without the cards being present. The only caveat is that I couldn't have them added to the room account during check-in, the sweet ladies at the check-in desks apologetically informed me that they couldn't take my money until I buy something! :P (That makes sense, is fair, and I had no trouble doing it later once there was something on my account to pay for!)

Bringing it back to the topic at hand: for those worried about losing cards, you could take a pic of those numbers with your cell phone's camera so you have them just in case. That won't protect you against dropping it in the park and someone else finding it and using it, but it would cover you if you accidentally left them sitting on your dresser when you left for the airport! I hope someone finds that info helpful, and I hope everyone has a magical vacation! :)
Good advice!

I did take pics already, thanks! Now I hope I don't lose my phone. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter