Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FoxC63 ty for posting about the best buy deal! i plan on buying google GCs I can sell later. I plan on doing 3 separate transactions.

Yes I am a Kroger shopper! Awesome! OMG! There's so much to learn. I cannot decide which dates in October to go, it will be a split stay in late October. I want to do MNSSHP on Oct 30th. Even though those dates have not been released I'm fairly certain these are it:
View attachment 287199
you might want to check out lastminutetravel. i priced out 2 park 3 day park to park tickets and they are 262.78 which includes taxes and shipping (I think the tickets are sent digitally, that is how it was when I ordered a Disneyland ticket). According to my calculations, 262.78 is less than visitorlando with the 10% off deal they had for the same ticket and the prices visitorlando lists don't include tax, you have to put them in the cart to see that, plus they charge a shipping fee I think. The lastminutetravel site says you get $25 off if you download the app bu I haven't done that yet so am not sure if it works on just getting tickets. I have ordered a Disneyland ticket for my husband from them (lastminutetravel) before and received the ticket to my email - just printed it off and presented at the turnstiles so we didn't need to go to the ticket booth since it wasn't a voucher but an actual ticket. I am not sure if it works the same for universal tickets. If you go to that site, click on activities then fill in orlando, FL and your dates. They also have a customer service number that I used once and they were helpful with my questions.

Last edited:
I didn’t buy the target gc this year when they were on sale last Sunday, to stressful! Last year I did get my Disney gc’s but it was stressful and I had to go to target several times with my $300.00 target gc. I think you should be able to buy the Disney gc’s with the deal, why have the deal if you are going to prohibit certain items! It was good while it lasted, I did it the last 3 year’s prior and it was so nice. I even got the additional 5% with my red card, ahh the good old days.

I didn’t buy the target gc this year when they were on sale last Sunday, to stressful! Last year I did get my Disney gc’s but it was stressful and I had to go to target several times with my $300.00 target gc. I think you should be able to buy the Disney gc’s with the deal, why have the deal if you are going to prohibit certain items! It was good while it lasted...
Good while it lasted??? Who said it is over? Perhaps you found it stressful but don't start speaking as if the deal didn't work. I spent a grand total of 45 minutes in Target - 15 minutes buying Target GCs and 30 minutes converting to Disney GCs the next day. In no way was it stressful and I managed to secure $1,600 to payoff my January trip and saved $160 in the process. Let's not spread false information because something was "too stressful" for your personally.

I personally find doing repairs myself on my car stressful but I wouldn't start telling people that it isn't possible...:confused3

Good while it lasted??? Who said it is over? Perhaps you found it stressful but don't start speaking as if the deal didn't work. I spent a grand total of 45 minutes in Target - 15 minutes buying Target GCs and 30 minutes converting to Disney GCs the next day. In no way was it stressful and I managed to secure $1,600 to payoff my January trip and saved $160 in the process. Let's not spread false information because something was "too stressful" for your personally.

I personally find doing repairs myself on my car stressful but I wouldn't start telling people that it isn't possible...:confused3
Good for you, but it can be stressful if you have Target employees who state that can’t be done, have you read this board. People talk about the frustration all the time. I pay for all my trips with Disney gc’s as well. I always save money as well that’s why I use the gc’s. I’m not spreading anything false it is well documented in this thread.

Good for you, but it can be stressful if you have Target employees who state that can’t be done, have you read this board. People talk about the frustration all the time. I pay for all my trips with Disney gc’s as well. I always save money as well that’s why I use the gc’s. I’m not spreading anything false it is well documented in this thread.
Yeah good for me and I guess thousands of others who did it too. I've read every post here and on multiple other blogs regarding this promo. Avoiding it due to "Frustration" and "Stress" are decidedly different than suggesting they "prohibit" certain items. I'd say reports are easily 10:1 in favor of this working vs people who had issues. PLUS people posted Facebook posts here where Target said it was possible...

DoC says the Target deactivations have started for "ultra heavy hitters". Just a final reminder for anyone who bought $$$$ to rotate out asap.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-target-deactivate-gift-cards-purchased-promo-abuse/

I bought 900 worth of Target GCs using the same CC. 600 in store and 300 online. Already bought $600 in Disney GCs using my store Target GAs and then transferred those balances to an older Disney GC. Still waiting for the $300 Target GC I purchased online, although it was shipped on Monday. If Target hasn't deactivated that one, I plan to do the same thing - buy $300 in Disney GCs in the store and then transfer the Disney GC balances to an older card. My wife is doing the same thing. I knew using the same cc might be a risk, but we each have a Discover card, so saving $45 on every $300 spent seemed worth it.

Last edited:
I bought 900 worth of Target GCs using the same CC. 600 in store and 300 online. Already bought $600 in Disney GCs using my store Target GAs and then transferred those balances to an older Disney GC. Still waiting for the $300 Target GC I purchased online, although it was shipped on Monday. If Target hasn't deactivated that one, I plan to do the same thing - buy $300 in Disney GCs in the store and then transfer the Disney GC balances to an older card. My wife is doing the same thing. I knew using the same cc might be a risk, but we each have a Discover card, so saving $45 on every $300 spent seemed worth it.
If be surprised if $900 is defined as an ultra heavy hitter, lol. I heard reports of $50,000+ now that's heavy hitter stuff. Still probably good you liquidated quickly...why not get it taken care of, right? :)

If be surprised if $900 is defined as an ultra heavy hitter, lol. I heard reports of $50,000+ now that's heavy hitter stuff. Still probably good you liquidated quickly...why not get it taken care of, right? :)

Lol, no I definitely was NOT implying we were heavy hitters. But I figured transferring balances ASAP might be a prudent move regardless! :tongue:

I'm not concerned about it at all. I did use different credit cards in my transactions.

I'll either have Disney money, target money, or refunds to said credit cards.

No big deal. Course I'm no heavy hitter, more a dabbler like Wubar.

@FoxC63 ty for posting about the best buy deal! i plan on buying google GCs I can sell later. I plan on doing 3 separate transactions.

Just a warning. I’ve seen mixed data points on Slickdeals with reports that some Best Buy reps are saying Google Play gift cards are excluded because “Google” products are listed in the exclusions.

I cashed everything out today, converted to Disney, and consolidated onto different cards. Since I used my Discover card to max out the extra 5% on the deal, I did not want to be one of the "lucky" ones. And my Target had a crazy amount to $100 Disney GCs!

What is the 20% target coupon everyone is talking about? I spent >$300 at Target on “Black Friday” thanksgiving day. Should I have gotten a coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter