Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might want to check out lastminutetravel. i priced out 2 park 3 day park to park tickets and they are 262.78 which includes taxes and shipping (I think the tickets are sent digitally, that is how it was when I ordered a Disneyland ticket). According to my calculations, 262.78 is less than visitorlando with the 10% off deal they had for the same ticket and the prices visitorlando lists don't include tax, you have to put them in the cart to see that, plus they charge a shipping fee I think. The lastminutetravel site says you get $25 off if you download the app bu I haven't done that yet so am not sure if it works on just getting tickets. I have ordered a Disneyland ticket for my husband from them (lastminutetravel) before and received the ticket to my email - just printed it off and presented at the turnstiles so we didn't need to go to the ticket booth since it wasn't a voucher but an actual ticket. I am not sure if it works the same for universal tickets. If you go to that site, click on activities then fill in orlando, FL and your dates. They also have a customer service number that I used once and they were helpful with my questions.

Thanks so much for the tip!

I cashed everything out today, converted to Disney, and consolidated onto different cards. Since I used my Discover card to max out the extra 5% on the deal, I did not want to be one of the "lucky" ones. And my Target had a crazy amount to $100 Disney GCs!
As someone who just spent an evening compiling gift cards in secret from the youngest fam member (I was "tired") I'm quite envious of your plethora of 100s!

As someone who just spent an evening compiling gift cards in secret from the youngest fam member (I was "tired") I'm quite envious of your plethora of 100s!
Those $50 cards were not fun (hopefully you aren't talking of $25's...that would be TORTURE!)...

The other night I had to keep reminding myself that everytime I scratched one off and combined it I was saving $5...

I'm going to Target this morning with the last of my gift cards. Have $1200 left to convert. Then paying off my January trip.

Good for you, but it can be stressful if you have Target employees who state that can’t be done, have you read this board. People talk about the frustration all the time. I pay for all my trips with Disney gc’s as well. I always save money as well that’s why I use the gc’s. I’m not spreading anything false it is well documented in this thread.
Yeah good for me and I guess thousands of others who did it too. I've read every post here and on multiple other blogs regarding this promo. Avoiding it due to "Frustration" and "Stress" are decidedly different than suggesting they "prohibit" certain items. I'd say reports are easily 10:1 in favor of this working vs people who had issues. PLUS people posted Facebook posts here where Target said it was possible...

I have to say I did $900 in target gcs on Sunday, $300 online, $600 in store. Zero stress or issues. Super easy to convert to Disney on Monday going to a cashier. I read here everyday. I think although there has been very spotty issues posted, the vast majority have posted success with getting and converting target to disney Gc's, and that is what is well documented. And as the poster above noted, target even responded in writing to customer questions on FB that you could indeed purchase Disney gc's with the Target gc's bought during the sale. Though a few may have problems with individual targets or managers or needing to use self check out possibly, target corporate position allows the purchase of Disney gc's with target gc's.
Now the super buyers may have more trouble it sounds like which would be stressful.

Not quite OT - but CNBC is doing some packages this morning on how gift cards are “fueling” the opioid crisis. Now, they aren’t using the system legally, of course, but it could very well impact the legal GC industry. The way it works for the addicts is that they steal an item, then return it for a gift card, and then purchase their drugs with the GC (of course for a drastically reduced value - sometimes as little as .25 on the dollar). The dealers then sell the GCs through Raise, Cardpool, etc.

Home Depot is now changing their system so that refunds are only issued as same-store, in-store merchandise credits which are linked to the returner’s personal information, such that in order to use it, you have to provide your DL.

It’s a HUGE, costly problem for these retailers, not to mention the social responsibility aspect. And as I said before, at this point it seems to only be associated with returns as described above. But, I think it’s important to be aware of this and consider how it may impact the overall GC industry.

Those $50 cards were not fun (hopefully you aren't talking of $25's...that would be TORTURE!)...

The other night I had to keep reminding myself that everytime I scratched one off and combined it I was saving $5...
Yes thank goodness. Those 25s from a couple years ago were the WORST- this time I just kept telling myself "at least these aren't 25s"!

Just a warning. I’ve seen mixed data points on Slickdeals with reports that some Best Buy reps are saying Google Play gift cards are excluded because “Google” products are listed in the exclusions.

thanks! completely forgot about the google exclusion.

Any news on when Target will offer 10% off Disney Gift Cards this year?
Are you thinking about the 10% off Target cards? If so, you just missed it. It was on Sunday :(.

Or, are you talking about the promo they ran back in 2015 where you bought 2 Disney gift cards and you got a $5 Target gift card? In that promo you could use your Red Card for the Disney Gift cards. They did not run that promo last year so I doubt they will run it this year.

I thought there was a discount for Disney Gift Cards every year. Maybe it was 5% and I saved an additional 5% buying them with my Red Card?
No, sorry. They ran "buy 2 of select gift cards, get $5 target card" 2 years ago and Disney happened to be included in that. Never seen straight up discount just for buying disney cards (well, you get the 5% using target redcard year round so I don't count that).

if you're worried about target draining GCs, simply transfer one GC to a new GC. problem solved.
you can purchase a new GC at self checkout, register or customer service.

I'm pretty sure it was a Disney Gift Card discount. Or any brand of Gift Card discount. I know it wasn't just Target Gift Cards. I bought over $2000 worth of Disney Cards. I know I didn't buy Target Gift Cards and then use them to buy Disney Gift Cards. And I got more than 5% off because I waited for Oct (Edited to change to Oct) to do it, otherwise I could have just done it at any time with my Red Card.

Is there any other way I would have gotten more than 5% off on Gift Cards in 2015? It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

I don't know, maybe I did buy them with 10% discounted Target Gift cards. I bought them online so maybe that's why I don't recall it being a hassle. :confused3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter